Damn Lapper's...

B Lenny
NFM...Whistling
|

The Shop

B Lenny
4/10/2021 9:03pm
Why did Sexton not jump the double after the finish. He would have still been right on ET. He gave up
He looked a little shocked..
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/10/2021 9:06pm
Why did Sexton not jump the double after the finish. He would have still been right on ET. He gave up
Looks like he OJed the finish and landed right into some ruts

He’s had a tough year, bet he was thinking seconds sounds better than another injury
4/10/2021 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2021 11:05pm
Looks like he OJed the finish and landed right into some ruts He’s had a tough year, bet he was thinking seconds sounds better than another...

He’s had a tough year, bet he was thinking seconds sounds better than another injury
His line on the double he didn’t hit looked smooth on the face and he barely got any head shake from the landing. After not jumping that and then the camera switched and I coulda swore he had a mechanical he was going so slow. It was weird
tobz
4/10/2021 9:41pm
Fucken infuriating to have an epic final lap ruined by squids once again.

It shouldn’t matter who it is or what his intentions were, if you affect the lead riders, a punishment should be handed out. Something has to happen to encourage lapped riders to at least fucken pay attention to the lead riders. If anything, for the mental well being of the lapped rider, I’m sure Cade is copping it immensely in all forms of social media.
4/10/2021 10:01pm
You don’t see this causing issues in other Motorsports.

One way, limited pit-to-rider communications have got to happen sooner than later. Either a light on the handlebars with a LED indicating a flag color, or one way comms from the managers tower so we can atleast try to get rid of these blue flag issues.

The flaggers on track obviously arent doing their jobs. In the same frame of Cade clason slowing down chase, you can see a flagger standing there, with his arms crossed like he’s ready to go home already.

Just some suggestions,
4/10/2021 10:50pm
I don't see it being directly the fault of the lapper, there were two other participants that contributed to the issue. The flagger and Sexton himself.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/10/2021 10:52pm
I think this was on Sexton more than some of the other incidents, he closed really fast on Clason and just ran into him after following him into the same line, Cade got out of the way at the first opportunity,
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/10/2021 10:56pm
I saw a Sexton meltdown more than a lapped rider getting in the way
Heavyrider
4/10/2021 10:56pm
I loved that Sexton said nothing about lapped traffic in his podium interview. Maybe Kenny can learn something from Chase.
B Lenny
4/10/2021 11:14pm
Looks like he OJed the finish and landed right into some ruts He’s had a tough year, bet he was thinking seconds sounds better than another...

Wink
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
4/11/2021 12:05am
Do you guys think there’s a possibility he thought it was the last lap? Im trying to be the devils advocate here because I can’t understand how you go inside, not jump that important double etc... If he thought it was the last lap, itwould explain his inside, his non jump of the double before the finish and his non jump on the double after the finish... Maybe I’m digging too much into a simple brain & a very costly inside line...
4/11/2021 3:19am
You don’t see this causing issues in other Motorsports. One way, limited pit-to-rider communications have got to happen sooner than later. Either a light on the...
You don’t see this causing issues in other Motorsports.

One way, limited pit-to-rider communications have got to happen sooner than later. Either a light on the handlebars with a LED indicating a flag color, or one way comms from the managers tower so we can atleast try to get rid of these blue flag issues.

The flaggers on track obviously arent doing their jobs. In the same frame of Cade clason slowing down chase, you can see a flagger standing there, with his arms crossed like he’s ready to go home already.

Just some suggestions,
If the LED was orange and it was Cristian Craig getting lapped it could send the fucker into hyperventilation
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
4/11/2021 3:47am
dv12.com wrote:
Do you guys think there’s a possibility he thought it was the last lap? Im trying to be the devils advocate here because I can’t understand...
Do you guys think there’s a possibility he thought it was the last lap? Im trying to be the devils advocate here because I can’t understand how you go inside, not jump that important double etc... If he thought it was the last lap, itwould explain his inside, his non jump of the double before the finish and his non jump on the double after the finish... Maybe I’m digging too much into a simple brain & a very costly inside line...
I read on a different thread that Sexton says, in the post race press conference, he thought the race was over. I didn’t hear it myself, but maybe that is exactly why he dropped off so much.
4/11/2021 4:01am
tobz wrote:
Fucken infuriating to have an epic final lap ruined by squids once again. It shouldn’t matter who it is or what his intentions were, if you...

It shouldn’t matter who it is or what his intentions were, if you affect the lead riders, a punishment should be handed out. Something has to happen to encourage lapped riders to at least fucken pay attention to the lead riders. If anything, for the mental well being of the lapped rider, I’m sure Cade is copping it immensely in all forms of social media.
Those squids as you call them are making main events and could ride circles around you. No one is perfect.
Hammer 663s
4/11/2021 8:12am
KennyT wrote:
I saw a Sexton meltdown more than a lapped rider getting in the way
Agree. Sexton closed fast, not in control, and damn near jumped into Clason. Then he panicked cause he knew Tomac was closing and squidded out for a bit till Clason could get out of the way. Clason didn't know which way to move to make room.

Hammer
TeamGreen
4/11/2021 8:55am
Heavyrider wrote:
I loved that Sexton said nothing about lapped traffic in his podium interview. Maybe Kenny can learn something from Chase.
Yup

And as Len and a few others were comenting on...Sexton COMPLETELY F'd up the Finish Line Jump and "flat-landed" the landing so F'n bad that he had to regroup as he hit the next jump...that's what I saw.

About Classon: When he realized what was going on...? He got the hell out of the way. In-fact, he got out of the way "TOO MUCH"! If Chase and Eli are closing in on lapped trafiic so damn fast...well, then HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET CAUGHT FOLLOLWING THAT TRAFFIC?!?!

Oh, wait, Eli...the Veteran...DIDN'T. Grinning

That is -EXACTLY- what happened.

I dig Chase. He'll learn to not let these things happen as he goins more experience in "The Bigs". This is just a hiccup.
freeh
4/11/2021 8:58am
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup And as Len and a few others were comenting on...Sexton COMPLETELY F'd up the Finish Line Jump and "flat-landed" the landing so F'n bad that...
Yup

And as Len and a few others were comenting on...Sexton COMPLETELY F'd up the Finish Line Jump and "flat-landed" the landing so F'n bad that he had to regroup as he hit the next jump...that's what I saw.

About Classon: When he realized what was going on...? He got the hell out of the way. In-fact, he got out of the way "TOO MUCH"! If Chase and Eli are closing in on lapped trafiic so damn fast...well, then HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET CAUGHT FOLLOLWING THAT TRAFFIC?!?!

Oh, wait, Eli...the Veteran...DIDN'T. Grinning

That is -EXACTLY- what happened.

I dig Chase. He'll learn to not let these things happen as he goins more experience in "The Bigs". This is just a hiccup.
I was thinking the same thing. Ultimately, Chase learned a lot in yesterday's race and will come back all the better because of it.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
4/11/2021 9:02am
Sexton took responsibility....it does sux to watch 3 hrs of racing, anticipating that last lap bar banger...and have that happen.
Creiz
4/11/2021 9:30am
IDK if Chase would be able to hold Eli off for another lap regardless of lappers, BUT... just wtf. Its so annoying as a fan of the sport to have so many races ruined by lappers. I know many here just blames Chase or says Clason just held his line or whatever, but I dont understand why the lappers themselves want to risk being in the way. If youre already in last place, is it really smart to risk ruin the ACTUAL race in front for a second here and there? Lets be real here, how many fans did Cade Clason make by doing this? not that many. How many did he potentially loose? Lots, if you ask me.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/11/2021 9:38am
Heavyrider wrote:
Agreed, and to be honest I don't think Cade did anything intentional at all - certainly nothing like Wilson did. Sexton just came up on him so fast, it took him by surprise. Hell, once Cade realized what was going on, he B-lined it off the track to get out of the damn way. Like it or not, lappers are part of the race. If a lapper is intentionally trying to hold up a leader that's a different issue.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/11/2021 9:40am
Creiz wrote:
IDK if Chase would be able to hold Eli off for another lap regardless of lappers, BUT... just wtf. Its so annoying as a fan of...
IDK if Chase would be able to hold Eli off for another lap regardless of lappers, BUT... just wtf. Its so annoying as a fan of the sport to have so many races ruined by lappers. I know many here just blames Chase or says Clason just held his line or whatever, but I dont understand why the lappers themselves want to risk being in the way. If youre already in last place, is it really smart to risk ruin the ACTUAL race in front for a second here and there? Lets be real here, how many fans did Cade Clason make by doing this? not that many. How many did he potentially loose? Lots, if you ask me.
Cade didn't lose me as a fan of the sport. He did nothing wrong.
4/11/2021 9:49am
tobz wrote:
Fucken infuriating to have an epic final lap ruined by squids once again. It shouldn’t matter who it is or what his intentions were, if you...

Those squids as you call them are making main events and could ride circles around you. No one is perfect.
Ya you told him. Because he really thought he could beat those "squids." It's called hyperbole. Literally the worst response to any discussion on racing is "he's faster than you!"
Jeff alessi
4/11/2021 10:56am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 11:01am
Cade didn’t do anything to cause the change that happened, Sexton himself didn’t bring it up because he’s a real racer and learned from what happened in those two corners. Chase has a long career ahead of himself and he knows that and won’t get hung up on this because in the grand scheme of the championship he didn’t lose anything. It was a learning situation for when he will be in that position and I would assume he gained more knowledge last night then he lost in value.
4/11/2021 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 9:50pm
dv12.com wrote:
Do you guys think there’s a possibility he thought it was the last lap? Im trying to be the devils advocate here because I can’t understand...
I’ve since learned he indeed thought the race was over. Still a huge mistake on his part. Makes sense as to why he basically came to a stop.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
4/12/2021 5:43am
Pulp says he thought it was the last lap and then saw Eli keep going and got back on it.

Post a reply to: Damn Lapper's...

The Latest