Damn, Hill just said.....

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:56am
He wasn't surprised to see Dungey throw it away. He saw it over & over again in 08 when Dungey had a 30 point lead!Woohoo
|
EmDub425
1/30/2010 10:21pm
Just like his ol buddy Jlaw getting into RD's head.
oshow
1/30/2010 10:32pm
Whatever it takes, great race by Josh.
andymoto
1/30/2010 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2010 10:35pm
Jimmy Weinert must be helping coach Josh....Smile

The Shop

P
1/30/2010 10:40pm
rcm406 wrote:
He wasn't surprised to see Dungey throw it away. He saw it over & over again in 08 when Dungey had a 30 point lead!Woohoo
There goes that Honda contract.............

P
ShaneAUS
1/30/2010 10:41pm
Thats grouse, good to hear someone actually saying what they feel instead of being politically correct.
bvm111
1/30/2010 10:50pm
and i wasnt surprised to see Hill get second because his 1 main event win was a fluke a couple years ago... what a tool
andymoto
1/30/2010 10:55pm
ShaneAUS wrote:
Thats grouse, good to hear someone actually saying what they feel instead of being politically correct.
X2. Bob Hannah use to be another good example of speaking his mind regardless.Smile
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/30/2010 11:01pm
ShaneAUS wrote:
andymoto wrote:
X2. Bob Hannah use to be another good example of speaking his mind regardless.Smile
Ya, but is Hill speaking "his" mind or someone elses? There seems to always be one common denominator surrounding the drama. I'll let you figure that one out.
Shawn142
1/30/2010 11:19pm
rcm406 wrote:
That's a funny comment coming from a guy who hasn't been even remotely close to a title hunt since turning pro. Hill might want to win some before being opinionated about something he has no experience with.
ShaneAUS
1/30/2010 11:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2010 11:23pm
ShaneAUS wrote:
andymoto wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Ya, but is Hill speaking "his" mind or someone elses? There seems to always be one common denominator surrounding the drama. I'll let you figure that...
Ya, but is Hill speaking "his" mind or someone elses? There seems to always be one common denominator surrounding the drama. I'll let you figure that one out.
I think Larry may allow/encourage his riders to speak there mind but i doubt he put the words into his mouth.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/30/2010 11:24pm
rcm406 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
That's a funny comment coming from a guy who hasn't been even remotely close to a title hunt since turning pro. Hill might want to win...
That's a funny comment coming from a guy who hasn't been even remotely close to a title hunt since turning pro. Hill might want to win some before being opinionated about something he has no experience with.
Am I the only one that thinks the timing of Hill's statements to be extremely timely (seems to be trying to stir the pot since Bubbles and Reedy are out - this from someone who has talent but always underachieved)? Maybe I just need to go to bed.....
bvm111
1/30/2010 11:39pm
Nope Pops... I think so too... this has LB written all over it!!!
andymoto
1/30/2010 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:28pm
Sure seemed not Hill like to bag on another rider.

When did a win in an SX become a fluke?

Means this season is mostly a fluke then in ones opinion.

Lightning78
1/30/2010 11:56pm
Haven't seen the interview but I suspect he is playing with RD's head ....just like his buddy Jlaw did and it caused Dungey to self destruct before I doubt it will happen now that he is more mature and experienced but it was worth a shot .....and his was no fluke, he almost won the A2 retro night last year and got his first win in Mineapolis the same year.....he is riding good for sure
bvm111
1/31/2010 12:12am
well lets see... he won a main... and has not won in 2 years and almost didnt get a ride this year... i think thats a fluke since he hasnt won since...no?
jeffro503
1/31/2010 12:49am
BVM.....I think you are forgetting that Josh had an extremely fucked up back for the past 1-1/2 years. He couldn't train or do much of anything until he got himself fixed. Now that it has happened , he's starting to make a turn around back to his old self.....and seems to be going on the right track now. You have to admit.....he's doing fucking awesome this year!
mxcrf34
1/31/2010 1:09am
jeffro, I agree. Hill is doing great his year. I dont think his win was a fluke. sure he has had some bad luck because he is a young kid. Everyone can bag on the top guys because they are not doing this or they are doing that. Regardless of who is racing (Reed and Stewart), he is still beating big name guys like Short, Tedesco, Windham and Millsaps. He is doing something right this year. Whatever his program is, he has the right to speak his mind or who ever he is listening to because he is on the podium. When he goes back to average finishes, then we can rip on him for talking about other riders throwing it away. Until then, he has the opportunity to speak on the podium and that is what he said.

JLaw obviously found a flaw in Dungey's dominance. Hill is trying to exploit that and win a championship. The record books don't show how it was done, just the result.
racin mason
1/31/2010 6:54am
rcm406 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
That's a funny comment coming from a guy who hasn't been even remotely close to a title hunt since turning pro. Hill might want to win...
What Josh said about Dungey is 100% true,Josh having never been in a title hunt does not change the facts.Putting doubt in your competitions mind is all part of the game.
1/31/2010 7:34am
rcm406 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
With that logic there are very few people that will be able to have any opinions about winning an SX championship.
Overdrive
1/31/2010 8:04am
rcm406 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
Right on the money, he needs to concetrate on winning not BSing the competition. He couldn't run RD pace last night and Hill was lucky that Dungy made a mistake. I bet Hill makes a similar mistake before its all over and you won't hear Dungy say a thing about it because he is focused on the championship.

In fact RD could have said the same thing about Hills team mate but he is focused on the championship.

So will we here how Hill is not surprised James threw it away over and over again when he had a chance at a title. No we won't hear that because he is playing a childish game.
swizcore
1/31/2010 8:04am
Its all part of the mental game that MUST be played when a rider feels a threat from another. Remember how last year Reed continued to say he "knew" Stewart would put himself on the ground and he just needed to be consistent.

Its just an attempt to plant a seed of doubt in said riders head.

With RC as RD's mentor I don't see it working.
Overdrive
1/31/2010 8:07am
You call that planting a seed, thats the facts and Reed was just stating his plan. Ride his race and let James take himself out. Same plan he had this year, half of it worked...James took himself out.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/31/2010 8:09am
What Josh said about Dungey is 100% true,Josh having never been in a title hunt does not change the facts.Putting doubt in your competitions mind is...
What Josh said about Dungey is 100% true,Josh having never been in a title hunt does not change the facts.Putting doubt in your competitions mind is all part of the game.
The problem with that logic is while he lost it in 08 with some mistakes/crashes - whether it was the pressure or controversy from JLaw, RD came back with a vengance and won both SuperX Lites West last year as well as the 250 outdoor Moto class last year. He had one race series 2 years ago that he fell apart in - it wouldn't be the first time a rider (or professional athlete) did that.

I'd say he's past those issues with the wins last year - not to mention the success he is having early in 2010.

As for Hill, he's clearly being coached by the puppet master Larry Brooks when on the podium - the queen Bee of drama queens. Those comments were so out of character for Hill it isn't even funny. Larry is trying just a little too hard to turn this sport into the friggin WWF.

Lastly, congrats to Poto! Welcome back kiddo.
Roscoe33
1/31/2010 8:41am
So get your competition to focus in their past failures...

while you bask in the glory ....focusing on your current and future success...

on your way to the championship title....

Now who would have said that.... earlier in the race trailer ?

smc916
1/31/2010 9:00am
HE SAID WHAT!!? Doesn't he know you aren't allowed to speak your mind anymore! You thank Jesus, your sponsors, your fans, then drink from your energy drink sponsors can and smile for the camera. I repeat, don't speak your mind!
Overdrive
1/31/2010 9:17am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2010 9:19am
He can speak his mind by all means, but it just puts a target on his back for everyone to shoot at when he makes a mistake. Let your riding and your results speak for whats on your mind. Childish mind games wont get him anywhere.

Its like showing off when you are in the lead and its only the second lap, it makes you look like an ars when you crash and loose the race. Win the race then show off.
swizcore
1/31/2010 9:19am
Overdrive wrote:
You call that planting a seed, thats the facts and Reed was just stating his plan. Ride his race and let James take himself out. Same...
You call that planting a seed, thats the facts and Reed was just stating his plan. Ride his race and let James take himself out. Same plan he had this year, half of it worked...James took himself out.
If you think he was just being honest and not trying to get inside Stewies head your being naive. Same with Hill.
Overdrive
1/31/2010 9:24am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2010 9:24am
There is nothing naive about it, Every person on the track is just waiting for stewart to take himself out. His whole career has been all or nothing and half the time he comes up crashing and taking himself out. Stewart knows this, reed knows this, RC knew it, everybody knows this. So its hardly getting in someones head by stating it, Stewart knows his own track record, he knows as long as he doesn't crash he is hard to beat.
jndmx
1/31/2010 9:32am
Nothing wrong with one rider smack talking another rider that is part of the game.

When it is anonymous mooks on the internet talking smack on a rider is when it gets really fucking lame.......IMHO.

Post a reply to: Damn, Hill just said.....

The Latest