Dallas area moto on sat and sun

Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 9:07pm
We are taking a moto trip this weekend to the Dallas area. Where are some good tracks to ride? Which tracks will be open and times? How much rain is going to fall on friday? Will there be any rainouts? I have more questions but I can't think of them now.
|
jayback42
12/18/2014 2:42pm
Saturday/Sunday open practice @ River Valley MX in Boyd, TX

Sunday open practice @ Village Creek MX in Ft. Worth, TX

Conditions should be ok, little muddy. Enjoy.
moore433
12/18/2014 3:31pm
jayback42 wrote:
Saturday/Sunday open practice @ River Valley MX in Boyd, TX Sunday open practice @ Village Creek MX in Ft. Worth, TX Conditions should be ok, little...
Saturday/Sunday open practice @ River Valley MX in Boyd, TX

Sunday open practice @ Village Creek MX in Ft. Worth, TX

Conditions should be ok, little muddy. Enjoy.
Probably your best bet are these!
Team Ideal
12/18/2014 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 4:30pm
go here, http://txmotocross.com/forums/forum.php almost all of the tracks around that area will post under practice announcements. you will have to sign up if you want to ask a question, pretty sure Buffalo Creek has a free ride this weekend, they're not real close to Dallas but they're not that far either. I have a google maps of all the tracks in that area, let me know if you want it and I can email it to you. and Underground is the place to go IMO kind of like Buffalo, not real close but not a bad drive, it's definitely worth it if you've never been. let me know what skill level everyone is and I can give you which ones I'd recommend.

sent you a pm.

jmpatt79
12/18/2014 4:57pm
if Underground is open i highly recommend but all those tracks are good , check oakhill also

The Shop

12/18/2014 6:06pm
HIS956Facility - the masterpools lace is a good place
and
village creek on sunday with the rain this week will be epic.

12/18/2014 8:18pm
Thanks for the info fellas. I have been to river valley and village creek a couple years ago. They day we went to RV, it was really cold and muddy so my memory was a bit swayed, so i may have a re-do on that one.
MotoX85
12/19/2014 4:30am
We are headed that way after Christmas. Please rate for me the below tracks we were thinking about hitting
Masterpools
Underground
Village creek
Buffalo creek
River Valley
Are these the main ones to hit? Are there others to consider. Some not to consider and rate best to worst.
Thanks for the help
BD233
12/19/2014 4:40am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 4:41am
We'll be at RV Sat barring any rainouts. It's been pretty wet here the last few days. RV has changed the track up a lot in the last few years. It's much more fun now IMHO.
Team Ideal
12/19/2014 5:20am
MotoX85 wrote:
We are headed that way after Christmas. Please rate for me the below tracks we were thinking about hitting Masterpools Underground Village creek Buffalo creek River...
We are headed that way after Christmas. Please rate for me the below tracks we were thinking about hitting
Masterpools
Underground
Village creek
Buffalo creek
River Valley
Are these the main ones to hit? Are there others to consider. Some not to consider and rate best to worst.
Thanks for the help
sent you a pm
MotoX85
12/19/2014 5:47am
MotoX85 wrote:
We are headed that way after Christmas. Please rate for me the below tracks we were thinking about hitting Masterpools Underground Village creek Buffalo creek River...
Masterpools
Underground
Village creek
Buffalo creek
River Valley
Thanks for the help
Team Ideal wrote:
sent you a pm
Thanks, got it.
crusher773
12/19/2014 5:57am
Not sure if Swan is open but that place is awesome. Little ways out from Dallas though.
Team Ideal
12/19/2014 6:27am
crusher773 wrote:
Not sure if Swan is open but that place is awesome. Little ways out from Dallas though.
is Swan now open to the general public? last few times I checked (it's been a while) it was a membership deal and it wasn't worth a once or twice a year ride.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
12/19/2014 7:22am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 7:23am
Team Ideal wrote:
is Swan now open to the general public? last few times I checked (it's been a while) it was a membership deal and it wasn't worth...
is Swan now open to the general public? last few times I checked (it's been a while) it was a membership deal and it wasn't worth a once or twice a year ride.
Swan is still annual membership. Johnsonville MX Farm is great. Not sure of their schedule for this weekend.
Team Ideal
12/19/2014 7:32am
Swan is still annual membership. Johnsonville MX Farm is great. Not sure of their schedule for this weekend.
Thanks, agree on JMXF, hoping they're open while we're down the 26 thru 30. I'm surprised more of the tracks haven't posted their Cmas thru New Years schedule yet, I was thinking the past couple years everyone had when they would be open up by now.
CamP
12/19/2014 9:49am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 9:50am
We'll be at River Valley this weekend. It's a little damp down here, but it's drying out, so Sunday will have the best track conditions. RV will be open the day after Christmas, as well as the following weekend.

TW770
12/19/2014 12:09pm
Oak Hill is great.
MarkF
12/19/2014 12:42pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Masterpools
Underground
Village creek
Buffalo creek
River Valley
Thanks for the help
We are going down to ride the Freestone event the first weekend (4th) of January. We will probably go to Underground or Oak Hill on Saturday. Let me know if you'll be around then and we'll say hello.
brlatm
12/19/2014 1:11pm
Took the kid to Masterpools yesterday and holy moly what is it muddy! I think we are hitting up either RV or Masterpools monday for sure and maybe even Tuesday as well.
bish153
12/19/2014 1:19pm
CamP wrote:
We'll be at River Valley this weekend. It's a little damp down here, but it's drying out, so Sunday will have the best track conditions. RV...
We'll be at River Valley this weekend. It's a little damp down here, but it's drying out, so Sunday will have the best track conditions. RV will be open the day after Christmas, as well as the following weekend.

Do you only ride river valley?
CamP
12/19/2014 2:32pm
CamP wrote:
We'll be at River Valley this weekend. It's a little damp down here, but it's drying out, so Sunday will have the best track conditions. RV...

bish153 wrote:
No, I raced at Oak Hill two weeks ago.

RV is my favorite DFW track though. I love their dirt and layout.
bish153
12/19/2014 3:09pm
CamP wrote:

bish153 wrote:
CamP wrote:

I hear ya, im just messing with you. Every time I've been there, I have seen you there, and every time something happens there you have the scoop. Although I have a love hate for that track, they do have some nice dirt.
CamP
12/19/2014 3:40pm
bish153 wrote:
CamP wrote:

bish153 wrote:
I hear ya, im just messing with you. Every time I've been there, I have seen you there, and every time something happens there you have...
I hear ya, im just messing with you. Every time I've been there, I have seen you there, and every time something happens there you have the scoop. Although I have a love hate for that track, they do have some nice dirt.
Yeah, I ride RV twice a week, so next time you are there stop by and introduce yourself.

Anyhoo, my list of DFW's top tracks in order of personal preference would be:

River Valley
Oak Hill
Underground
Masterpoole's when they aren't running a short track
Village Creek

We've been meaning to get out to Johnsonville. It's a long drive, but everyone I've spoken to that has ridden there says it's great.
Cashmore
12/19/2014 4:13pm
CamP wrote:
Yeah, I ride RV twice a week, so next time you are there stop by and introduce yourself. Anyhoo, my list of DFW's top tracks in...
Yeah, I ride RV twice a week, so next time you are there stop by and introduce yourself.

Anyhoo, my list of DFW's top tracks in order of personal preference would be:

River Valley
Oak Hill
Underground
Masterpoole's when they aren't running a short track
Village Creek

We've been meaning to get out to Johnsonville. It's a long drive, but everyone I've spoken to that has ridden there says it's great.
Perfect order, Mosier would top all of those if it was still open.

I suggest RV.. it's rained a few days this week and the track will come out nicely if the weather holds up!
Cashmore
12/19/2014 4:58pm
Johnsonville just posted on Facebook that they will be closed this weekend.
CamP
12/19/2014 5:03pm
Cashmore wrote:
Perfect order, Mosier would top all of those if it was still open. I suggest RV.. it's rained a few days this week and the track...
Perfect order, Mosier would top all of those if it was still open.

I suggest RV.. it's rained a few days this week and the track will come out nicely if the weather holds up!
It would be a toss up between Mosier Valley and Lake Whitney, if they were still here. Raced my first race at Mosier in 1980. Great memories there!

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
12/19/2014 6:19pm
CamP wrote:

bish153 wrote:
CamP wrote:

Yeah.Not only that, but Dennis 'Skylab' Hawthorne was giving Cam big props for handling the big doubles at Oak Hill on his vintage RM.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
12/19/2014 6:21pm
Team Ideal wrote:
Thanks, agree on JMXF, hoping they're open while we're down the 26 thru 30. I'm surprised more of the tracks haven't posted their Cmas thru New...
Thanks, agree on JMXF, hoping they're open while we're down the 26 thru 30. I'm surprised more of the tracks haven't posted their Cmas thru New Years schedule yet, I was thinking the past couple years everyone had when they would be open up by now.
Their Facebook post from an hour ago:

We are Closed this weekend.

Sad

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
12/19/2014 6:22pm
Team Ideal wrote:
Thanks, agree on JMXF, hoping they're open while we're down the 26 thru 30. I'm surprised more of the tracks haven't posted their Cmas thru New...
And an updated reply just now:

we have a camp sat & sun
Possibly Open Friday Dec 26!

MotoX85
12/19/2014 8:19pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Masterpools
Underground
Village creek
Buffalo creek
River Valley
Thanks for the help
MarkF wrote:
We are going down to ride the Freestone event the first weekend (4th) of January. We will probably go to Underground or Oak Hill on Saturday...
We are going down to ride the Freestone event the first weekend (4th) of January. We will probably go to Underground or Oak Hill on Saturday. Let me know if you'll be around then and we'll say hello.
Will do mark. For sure Freestone Fri and Sun. Holy cow meet someone in person but then you'll see that I'm a 4 ft tall 300 lb keyboard tough guy. Just kidding. We will be in the Dallas area for 9 days. Sure we will see you guys around

Post a reply to: Dallas area moto on sat and sun

The Latest