Dallas SX First Timer Question

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2018 5:14 PM

So I’ve gone to STL sx for 20 years, and now that that’s gone I’m planning on making the trip to Dallas.

In the past we have gone to a local dealership to get tickets and we were able to pick and choose where they are, plus avoid some of the fees.

My question is: does anyone know of a dealer local to Dallas that does the same? Bonus points for great hotel recommendations.

Thanks! And happy new year!

|

12/31/2018 5:26 PM

Don’t know about dealerships but try and stay on the North side of the stadium. The side with the Wal Mart. If you are into tail gaiting before the race Dallas folks really get into it. Last time we went it was a blast. Have fun and Happy New Year to you as well.

|

1/1/2019 7:03 AM

I don't know if they do tickets are not, but Al Lamb's Honda always hosts rider signings of the top Honda guys. They also sponsor a lot of races, so if anybody would be selling tickets, I think they would be it.

|

1/1/2019 7:13 AM

Hilton Arlington has a happening bar and a ton of the riders and teams stayed there. It's funny to be a fly on the wall and hear some of the stuff said sitting at the barstool. Enjoy the races.

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

1/1/2019 1:03 PM

I believe it is typically only Yamaha dealers that sell tickets

|

1/1/2019 2:35 PM

Show up for practice/pits and qualifiers, then leave and watch the main from your hotel room. Seriously.

|

1/1/2019 6:12 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

I believe it is typically only Yamaha dealers that sell tickets

Might look up a few dealers here and call first. My buddy usually buys tickets for us from a Yamaha dealer, but last year they weren’t selling any. We had to get ours from ticketmaster.
|

1/2/2019 5:14 AM

Check cycle center of Denton....I think they've done it in the past. Ask for a crazy ass dude named Skippy!!

|

1/2/2019 5:58 AM

Does anyone know if there is RV parking at the Dallas Stadium during the SX? All I can find is info for the cowboys games. I would like to bring the camper for tailgating and whatnot but don't want to "wing it". Thanks!

|

1/2/2019 8:04 AM

OUMX117 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is RV parking at the Dallas Stadium during the SX? All I can find is info for the cowboys games. I would like to bring the camper for tailgating and whatnot but don't want to "wing it". Thanks!

It's usually in the back parking lot across from the funeral home

|