Dakar Desert Rally official game trailer

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2022 5:58am
Can't wait for this game! Love Enduro as well as the Dakar. I anticipate it to be my favorite racing game.

https://youtu.be/voBwGaldd6g

|
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/25/2022 1:25pm
October 4 isn't that far away.. game looks like it could be epic.

tobz
8/25/2022 2:59pm
Finally some gameplay footage! Keen to give this a crack. Although physics look very stiff I assume it’s more about navigation and preservation.
sxer1
8/31/2022 11:45am
Include bike gameplay and more
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
8/31/2022 11:50am
I was really surprised on the last Dakar game. The physics weren’t great but man the navigation was so realistic it was an actual challenge

The Shop

tobz
10/4/2022 1:54pm
Well it's out, and the reviews aren't good. Might pay to stay away for now while they address a lot of bugs.

Chuckled at one review "No matter how hot the desert is, the menu is always freezing"
flatout111
10/5/2022 10:37am
I put countless hours into Dakar 18. The physics were not good but the navigation was so great that some actual Dakar participants trained using the game including Manuel Luchese.

Dakar Desert Rally appears to be leaps and bounds above in every regard. I do find it aggravating you have to do the racing sport mode to level up and you must be to level 25 to do the full actual simulation. But you can always do Professional which has full navigation but with some forgiveness. To do simulation you must be an expert.

Yes, the physics for bikes is much better. It's still one stick but there is a lean mechanic with left stick now. No clutch but there is manual shifting.

Ignore the reviews. The game is great, especially if you are into simulation endurance events. The weather system alone is amazing. Trying to navigate while in a snowstorm or worse a sandstorm is truly Dakar!!

And so much content in this game forthcoming including official vehicles and riders and maps from 2020, 2021, and 2022 Dakar events. Plus a roadbook editor coming in 2023.

Graphics don't have to be all that as gameplay is the key but I'll say it is one of the best looking games I've ever played running on the PS5.
flatout111
10/5/2022 8:15pm
Sam Sunderland and his mechanic with the Factory GasGas 450 Rally.

tobz
10/5/2022 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2022 8:41pm
flatout111 wrote:
I put countless hours into Dakar 18. The physics were not good but the navigation was so great that some actual Dakar participants trained using the...
I put countless hours into Dakar 18. The physics were not good but the navigation was so great that some actual Dakar participants trained using the game including Manuel Luchese.

Dakar Desert Rally appears to be leaps and bounds above in every regard. I do find it aggravating you have to do the racing sport mode to level up and you must be to level 25 to do the full actual simulation. But you can always do Professional which has full navigation but with some forgiveness. To do simulation you must be an expert.

Yes, the physics for bikes is much better. It's still one stick but there is a lean mechanic with left stick now. No clutch but there is manual shifting.

Ignore the reviews. The game is great, especially if you are into simulation endurance events. The weather system alone is amazing. Trying to navigate while in a snowstorm or worse a sandstorm is truly Dakar!!

And so much content in this game forthcoming including official vehicles and riders and maps from 2020, 2021, and 2022 Dakar events. Plus a roadbook editor coming in 2023.

Graphics don't have to be all that as gameplay is the key but I'll say it is one of the best looking games I've ever played running on the PS5.
I actually have to go back on my initial thoughts, those reviews were from Steam.

I watched a couple of professional reviews on YouTube and they paint a better pictures, so i caved and gave it a run yesterday.

No bugs or gitches for me so that's a start.
It's my first Dakar game and to be honest first real look at how navigation works in a dakar type rally. Holy smokes what a learning curve.

I went straight to professional. The road book and the km's happen way to fast for me at the moment. I went with a vehicle so i could have the voice assistance (which can be a bit of a delay at times).

I'm having trouble interpreting the km's, and the obstacles on the road book, and then using that as i'm going 150kph.
I'll often be like "okay, at 15.2km's there's two large rocks, veer left directly afterwards" but at 15.2km's there isn't two large rocks, and then all of a sudden its 17km and were moving on.

Really enjoying it though, the physics in the car are fine, when i'm in a good section following traces and i can really pick up the past and not worry about the roadbook for a little while, i love it. When i hear the dreaded "turn left off traces" i then button it down and try to follow the voice/compass and roadbook.

At the moment it's taking me 2 or 3 attempts at each stage. I either finish outside the top 8 after getting lost alot, or i finish on the podium on the 2nd or 3rd time. Not because i'm getting better at navigating but i'm learning where i've gotten lost from the last couple of attempts :/
flatout111
10/6/2022 5:57am
flatout111 wrote:
I put countless hours into Dakar 18. The physics were not good but the navigation was so great that some actual Dakar participants trained using the...

tobz wrote:
I actually have to go back on my initial thoughts, those reviews were from Steam. I watched a couple of professional reviews on YouTube and they...
I actually have to go back on my initial thoughts, those reviews were from Steam.

I watched a couple of professional reviews on YouTube and they paint a better pictures, so i caved and gave it a run yesterday.

No bugs or gitches for me so that's a start.
It's my first Dakar game and to be honest first real look at how navigation works in a dakar type rally. Holy smokes what a learning curve.

I went straight to professional. The road book and the km's happen way to fast for me at the moment. I went with a vehicle so i could have the voice assistance (which can be a bit of a delay at times).

I'm having trouble interpreting the km's, and the obstacles on the road book, and then using that as i'm going 150kph.
I'll often be like "okay, at 15.2km's there's two large rocks, veer left directly afterwards" but at 15.2km's there isn't two large rocks, and then all of a sudden its 17km and were moving on.

Really enjoying it though, the physics in the car are fine, when i'm in a good section following traces and i can really pick up the past and not worry about the roadbook for a little while, i love it. When i hear the dreaded "turn left off traces" i then button it down and try to follow the voice/compass and roadbook.

At the moment it's taking me 2 or 3 attempts at each stage. I either finish outside the top 8 after getting lost alot, or i finish on the podium on the 2nd or 3rd time. Not because i'm getting better at navigating but i'm learning where i've gotten lost from the last couple of attempts :/
flatout111
10/6/2022 5:58am
Main issue with bikes is the 360 degree slideouts. I've already relayed my constructive criticism to the developers.
flatout111
10/6/2022 6:01am
Bikes on Simulation in first person is literally one of the most difficult and best simulations in motorsport gaming. So difficult and realistic despite some issues.
flatout111
10/6/2022 6:06am
A great testament to the series. Real life Dakar competitor Manuel Lucchese trains in navigation with this gaming series. That speaks volumes. No, physics aren't perfect, though they are much better than in 18. But navigation is super simulation.
https://youtu.be/EuB2JHvBbEc
tobz
10/6/2022 3:42pm
The premise is basic, sure.
Keep note of the km's on the left and match it with the terrain in the middle. (I've not driven over a danger marker that's worth noting at this stage, you can hit everything pinned)

Only issue i'm having is that in a video game you rip through the km's at a much, much faster rate. Hell a 4km gap closes up in a matter of seconds, let alone markers every 500m.

If it was more closer to this rate i'd be more comfortable in keeping up with each of the markers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3iXw6N-Yw8

Post a reply to: Dakar Desert Rally official game trailer

The Latest