Dakar 2019

MelonFan123
1/22/2019 11:32pm
Not sure if it’s still the sting of losing the race while in the overall lead, but Brabec was on Keefer’s podcast talking about the race and...well let’s just say it doesn’t look promising that he stays with Honda lol.

He basically said the team focuses on one rider that they feel is best and he has always felt like second fiddle. Also when Keefer asked if he is under contract still he said “well I have a year left, we’ll just say that”.

I know there are alot of politics surrounding Dakar and the factory Honda effort is ran by a Spanish team. Maybe there is some animosity toward non Spanish riders? Who knows
Jrewing
1/23/2019 12:12am
Brabec wouldn’t have been leading anytime if Toby wasnt so fucked up to start with. Incredible.
TKL965
1/23/2019 1:08am
Havent read the whole thread but the same thing happened with price in the early times, he was basically only a support rider, if one of the top ktm guys bike broke then he'd have to give his bike up to them, I think it was the second year they treated him like a top teir guy and allowed him to go for the win.

The Shop

1/23/2019 1:46am
Not sure if it’s still the sting of losing the race while in the overall lead, but Brabec was on Keefer’s podcast talking about the race...
Not sure if it’s still the sting of losing the race while in the overall lead, but Brabec was on Keefer’s podcast talking about the race and...well let’s just say it doesn’t look promising that he stays with Honda lol.

He basically said the team focuses on one rider that they feel is best and he has always felt like second fiddle. Also when Keefer asked if he is under contract still he said “well I have a year left, we’ll just say that”.

I know there are alot of politics surrounding Dakar and the factory Honda effort is ran by a Spanish team. Maybe there is some animosity toward non Spanish riders? Who knows
Dakar is run by euros and they want euros to succeed. As good as ricky is he will always play second fiddle to euro honda riders like Kevin Benavides and Jonathon barreda until he wins the race similar to toby did.
Helda
1/23/2019 1:47am
I remember one year that Ben Grabham went as the water boy as they call it, Coma's RV air con shit the tin so he had to give his RV to Coma
LungButter
1/23/2019 5:23am
Jrewing wrote:
Brabec wouldn’t have been leading anytime if Toby wasnt so fucked up to start with. Incredible.
If you think Toby would have won every stage and been leading the overall the whole time....you don't understand Dakar.

I'm a huge Toby fan too, but leading from start to finish is not an effective way to race Dakar.
GPrider
1/23/2019 5:31am
Jrewing wrote:
ok Mate
Bearuno
1/23/2019 6:00am
TKL965 wrote:
Havent read the whole thread but the same thing happened with price in the early times, he was basically only a support rider, if one of...
Havent read the whole thread but the same thing happened with price in the early times, he was basically only a support rider, if one of the top ktm guys bike broke then he'd have to give his bike up to them, I think it was the second year they treated him like a top teir guy and allowed him to go for the win.
His first Dakar was in 2015. With the KTM Factory Team.

He got Third.

He might have gone in as a 'Watercarrier' on the first day, but that status lasted about a nanosecond. Well, no, KTM knew what they had with him, with him already winning Finke, Hattah (each, a few times), and other Desert Races in OZ. In his first Rally, in Morocco, in 2014, he got 8th. He also nearly won the Six Days, outright (2nd - 1st E3) that year.

2016 - He won.

His record at the Dakar is :
2015 - 3rd
2016 -1st
2017 - DNF - Broken Femur
2018 - 3rd, after a year off bikes
2019 - Another win.

All with that hardware in his neck from the US prang in 2013.

Post a reply to: Dakar 2019

The Latest