DW15 Alpinestar boots??

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2018 8:30 AM

Surprised I hadn't seen a thread for this yet..

Hope he stays with FOX/ Shift and just happened to forget his boots as all pics appear to be from the same day.

[img]https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvE1vqBlbf/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet[/img]

[img]https://www.instagram.com/p/BrrcXKwBjHd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/img]

|

12/25/2018 2:52 AM

I think his shift deal was on the proviso of a factory ride

|

12/25/2018 6:33 AM

Helda wrote:

Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and 100%...although I only know two of those that are for sure.

|

12/25/2018 8:51 AM

Helda wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and ...more

Any-hoo, I'm just stoked that he's put together an amazing program that I'm pretty sure will be fully announced in EXACTLY 1 week...along with a Canadian Rider or 2.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

12/25/2018 2:39 PM

Kinda shitty of Fox to put his gear deal contingent of a factory bike.

A bike doesn't change the rider and I am pretty sure he will get just as much attention as the rockstar guys. In fact I don't even know who half the team is.

|

12/25/2018 3:43 PM

Helda wrote:

That’s surely some bad marketing move on their part? Look at his social media presence and following

|

12/25/2018 6:04 PM

Do people really care about this shit

|

12/25/2018 8:04 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

Yes, I do

|

12/25/2018 8:10 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

dc444 wrote:

Yes, I do

The reason factory riders (or any professionals, for that matter,) get paid, is because people care.
If nobody cared, there would be no reason to sponsor anyone.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/25/2018 8:13 PM

Helda wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and ...more

This crap is part of the reason I don't support Fox anymore, they seem like a "front runner" type company. Shame on them.

|

Go Hawks!

12/26/2018 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2018 5:42 AM

Helda wrote:

ML512 wrote:

mx510 wrote:

This crap is part of the reason I don't support Fox anymore, they seem like a "front runner" type company. Shame on them.

Most multi-year gear deals have contingencies against a rider switching teams or levels of support. Thor downgraded Cooper Webb’s pay during his move to KTM from Yamaha. Under a three year deal but the team move allowed for a renegotiation. Amongst gear brands, clauses like this are very common. Dropping to a lower level team or to privateer status allows for the brand to renegotiate their terms and sometimes they don’t meet on a deal. It sucks but also good for O’Neal, they stepped up and helped Deano the last time he went privateer too.

|

12/26/2018 6:17 AM

It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody runs xtrig clamps, Astar boots, no neck brace and Suzukis (at least a few years ago).

|

12/26/2018 7:40 AM

#434 wrote:

It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody ...more

A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you didn’t have a corresponding boot deal with your gear, going to A-Stars is the best bet. If you’re making night shows and near mains, they’re always down to help.

|

12/26/2018 8:00 AM

#434 wrote:

It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody ...more

ML512 wrote:

A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you ...more

Yeah they really do. Guillod and Tickle come to my mind for getting huge help after they got dropped. Makes them loyal to the brand as well

|

12/26/2018 9:31 AM

#434 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you ...more

I remember Stankdog getting new boots from Astars when his video series was taking off.
Good support and marketing from the Astar guys.

|

12/26/2018 9:41 AM

Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their company as well? Its business. Simple as that. Shift signed JGR. Fox has Rczen and Pro Circuit. There are only so many marketing dollars.

|

12/26/2018 10:15 AM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their ...more

Show me this Shift JGR deal

|

12/26/2018 10:18 AM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their ...more

Cygrace74 wrote:

Show me this Shift JGR deal

Sorry. They went with Answer. I meant Gieco.

|