DW15 Alpinestar boots??

bestmx
Surprised I hadn't seen a thread for this yet..

Hope he stays with FOX/ Shift and just happened to forget his boots as all pics appear to be from the same day.

|
Helda
12/25/2018 2:52am
I think his shift deal was on the proviso of a factory ride
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/25/2018 6:33am
Helda wrote:
Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and 100%...although I only know two of those that are for sure.
TeamGreen
12/25/2018 8:51am
Helda wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and 100%...although I only know two...
Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and 100%...although I only know two of those that are for sure.
Any-hoo, I'm just stoked that he's put together an amazing program that I'm pretty sure will be fully announced in EXACTLY 1 week...along with a Canadian Rider or 2.
12/25/2018 2:39pm
Kinda shitty of Fox to put his gear deal contingent of a factory bike.

A bike doesn't change the rider and I am pretty sure he will get just as much attention as the rockstar guys. In fact I don't even know who half the team is.

The Shop

Barrzy256
12/25/2018 3:43pm
Helda wrote:
That’s surely some bad marketing move on their part? Look at his social media presence and following
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/25/2018 8:10pm
Do people really care about this shit
dc444 wrote:
Yes, I do
The reason factory riders (or any professionals, for that matter,) get paid, is because people care.
If nobody cared, there would be no reason to sponsor anyone.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
12/25/2018 8:13pm
Helda wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Correct. I think his setup will look similar to a few years ago when he was privateer. A-Stars, O’Neal, Shoei and 100%...although I only know two...
This crap is part of the reason I don't support Fox anymore, they seem like a "front runner" type company. Shame on them.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/26/2018 5:41am Edited Date/Time 12/26/2018 5:42am
Helda wrote:
ML512 wrote:
mx510 wrote:
This crap is part of the reason I don't support Fox anymore, they seem like a "front runner" type company. Shame on them.
Most multi-year gear deals have contingencies against a rider switching teams or levels of support. Thor downgraded Cooper Webb’s pay during his move to KTM from Yamaha. Under a three year deal but the team move allowed for a renegotiation. Amongst gear brands, clauses like this are very common. Dropping to a lower level team or to privateer status allows for the brand to renegotiate their terms and sometimes they don’t meet on a deal. It sucks but also good for O’Neal, they stepped up and helped Deano the last time he went privateer too.
12/26/2018 6:17am
It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody runs xtrig clamps, Astar boots, no neck brace and Suzukis (at least a few years ago).
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/26/2018 7:40am
#434 wrote:
It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody runs xtrig clamps, Astar boots...
It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody runs xtrig clamps, Astar boots, no neck brace and Suzukis (at least a few years ago).
A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you didn’t have a corresponding boot deal with your gear, going to A-Stars is the best bet. If you’re making night shows and near mains, they’re always down to help.
Cortami79
12/26/2018 8:00am
#434 wrote:
It’s always interesting when pro riders get dropped and have free choice to ride with what they want. Seems like everybody runs xtrig clamps, Astar boots...
ML512 wrote:
A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you didn’t...
A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you didn’t have a corresponding boot deal with your gear, going to A-Stars is the best bet. If you’re making night shows and near mains, they’re always down to help.
Yeah they really do. Guillod and Tickle come to my mind for getting huge help after they got dropped. Makes them loyal to the brand as well
12/26/2018 9:31am
#434 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
A-Stars does a great job supporting their riders and has one to two reps to take care of their riders at every race. If you didn’t...
I remember Stankdog getting new boots from Astars when his video series was taking off.
Good support and marketing from the Astar guys.
12/26/2018 9:41am
Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their company as well? Its business. Simple as that. Shift signed JGR. Fox has Rczen and Pro Circuit. There are only so many marketing dollars.
Cygrace74
12/26/2018 10:15am
Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their company as...
Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their company as well? Its business. Simple as that. Shift signed JGR. Fox has Rczen and Pro Circuit. There are only so many marketing dollars.
Show me this Shift JGR deal
12/26/2018 10:18am
Riders always have an out in their contract If they get s better deal, why would the gear companies have an out for their company as...
Cygrace74 wrote:
Show me this Shift JGR deal
Sorry. They went with Answer. I meant Gieco.

Post a reply to: DW15 Alpinestar boots??

The Latest