DW15

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2019 9:42 AM

Anybody know the reasoning for DW15 running the standard WP 48 CV forks? Does it have to do with sponsorship requirement? Is he not able to get the 52 works stuff the Factory Husky and KTM boys run? I could have sworn he had some for one of the foreign SX races, but I could be mistaken.
Photo
I also think it’s pretty cool Dan Bilzarian’s company is throwing him some support! Saw the Ignite logo on his shrouds. Photo

|

1/1/2019 10:02 AM

He’s not a husky factory rider

|

1/1/2019 10:15 AM

When he was racing overseas, he was still under his factory contract. WMR is sponsoring him with suspension so it’s the over the counter available set, meaning it’s 48mm forks and the older style shock body (the newer one hasn’t reached consumer level yet). The internal cartridge of the fork is basically the same, just a different spring tube (aluminum instead of carbon fiber) then the 48mm outer tubes are aluminum upper and steel lower. The 52s are aluminum uppers and lowers.

|

1/1/2019 10:22 AM

ML512 wrote:

When he was racing overseas, he was still under his factory contract. WMR is sponsoring him with suspension so it’s the over the counter available set, meaning it’s 48mm forks and the older style shock body (the newer one hasn’t reached consumer level yet). The internal cartridge of the fork is basically the same, just a different spring tube (aluminum instead of carbon fiber) then the 48mm outer tubes are aluminum upper and steel lower. The 52s are aluminum uppers and lowers.

“the 48mm outer tubes are aluminum upper and steel lower. The 52s are aluminum uppers and lowers.”

Wait. The 52’s have aluminum lower/inner tubes? The tube that attaches to the axle lug?

|

1/1/2019 10:24 AM

RCMXracing wrote:

“the 48mm outer tubes are aluminum upper and steel lower. The 52s are aluminum uppers and lowers.”

Wait. The 52’s have aluminum lower/inner tubes? The tube that attaches to the axle lug?

Correct.

|

1/1/2019 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2019 10:27 AM

ML512 wrote:

Really? Ive never heard of that before. So you could kashima coat both the upper and lower then.

|

1/1/2019 10:56 AM

Got an ignite sponsorship I see ??

|

1/1/2019 11:08 AM

ML512 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Really? Ive never heard of that before. So you could kashima coat both the upper and lower then.

Kashima wouldn’t last long on the lowers, nor would it be a benefit, IMO

|

1/1/2019 11:09 AM

ricko wrote:

It was only a matter of time !
That guy has stupid money to burn, I’m glad he’s helping Dean out.

|

1/1/2019 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2019 11:17 AM

agn5009 wrote:

He’s not a husky factory rider

I’m aware. I asked if he wasn’t able to get ahold of it. He’s still very close with husky from what I understand, considering Castloo built his current bike.

|

1/1/2019 11:16 AM

ML512 wrote:

Thanks for the insight!

|

1/1/2019 11:21 AM

ML512 wrote:

He was rocking the same graphic set up (aka not the factory kit) which is what through me off I guess. Wasn’t aware he was still under contract for New Zealand

|

1/1/2019 11:27 AM

So ignite is a cannabis company, will this lead to others being sponsored by companies like this?

|

1/1/2019 11:31 AM

orange_44 wrote:

So ignite is a cannabis company, will this lead to others being sponsored by companies like this?

Is cannabis on WADAs banned list? If yes, then there could possibly be ramifications. Thoughts?

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/1/2019 11:40 AM

orange_44 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Is cannabis on WADAs banned list? If yes, then there could possibly be ramifications. Thoughts?

Ramifications for simply promoting, not necessarily indulging in it?

|

1/1/2019 11:40 AM

orange_44 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Pretty sure Stank Dog promotes a cannabis company in the outdoors and AX.

|

1/1/2019 12:00 PM

Cannabis wouldn't be considered a PED would it? Can't see how.

|

1/1/2019 12:07 PM

I was just wondering if more of these companies would get into moto. Kind of like when tobacco companies sponsored sx

|

1/1/2019 12:11 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

A little off topic from Dean , A PED, doubt it at least for most folk. When I asked about possible ramifications I was thinking of tobacco sponsorship being banned and how that lines up with cannabis. Wada could get throw a wrench.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

orange_44 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

No different than MC’s Bud Light Yamaha

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

orange_44 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

BOOM!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/1/2019 12:12 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

It’s a PED in video game tournaments...

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/1/2019 12:18 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Can't argue with that. Same thing.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/1/2019 12:27 PM

Cbd is not banned

|

1/1/2019 12:42 PM

milliebays wrote:

Cbd is not banned

Ignite isn’t solely CBD products.

|

1/1/2019 12:58 PM

ricko wrote:

langhammx wrote:

No doubt! Good to see that outside money!

|

1/1/2019 1:05 PM

milliebays wrote:

Cbd is not banned

JBrockman856 wrote:

Ignite isn’t solely CBD products.

K

|

1/1/2019 1:08 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

A Canadian snowboarder lost his gold medal at the olympics because of trace of marijuana in his system so I would imagine you’d get suspended/banned if found in your system. He did get it back claiming it was second hand smoke!

|

1/1/2019 1:12 PM

ricko wrote:

langhammx wrote:

That is cool I wonder how that came about

|

1/1/2019 1:17 PM

orange_44 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

THC is still banned, CBD is no longer prohibited by WADA.

|