DV's opinion...

Big Lenny
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2014 6:37am
How was this possible?...Blink

James Stewart was pushing pretty hard to try and catch Villopoto in the main event before casing the quad and seemingly settling for second. You didn't think the quad was any faster and wasn't needed-- why?

I really think the quad hurt Bubba in the main, by doing it and obviously casing the crap out of it. The quad wasn't faster in my opinion, here's why. If you watched the race you could see James had to lose some time to set it up in the turn before. He was stopping in the turn to square it up to jump all the way to the right. Why? Just because there were too many ruts to do it in the main line. By being on the right side of the track and having a right 90-degree turn after the rhythm section, he wasn't preparing himself enough for that turn before the first triple. He was getting in the turn too tight making him slow before the triple. RV was doing 2-3-3-2, which is four jumps in the rhythm section. James was doing 3-4-2-1 which is also four jumps too but was slower in the turn prior and the turn after the rhythm section."
|
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/17/2014 11:37am
What are you confused about? Seems he explained it well, still jumping 4 times in the section plus slowing down more to set up properly for the "big" jump. Jump for show, corner for dough....
fidiot
4/17/2014 11:42am
Makes perfect sense to me.
KlootZak
4/17/2014 11:44am
Indeed, I think he explained it pretty good (and I also think he was correct).

I like Davids column on Pulpmx because he can tell what the rider is doing wrong or good (technique wise). I like the insight he provides because I personally can't see what the top riders are doing wrong or good with their body and/or bike. It's nice to hear a more precise / professional / nerd explanation about SX/MX
IceMan446
4/17/2014 11:49am
Whats the issue? James himself said it was slower so he stopped doing it.

The Shop

bartoner
4/17/2014 11:51am
Josh Hill was also saying the quad was slower then the line the 2-3-3-2 that everyone else was doing....but he said he was huckin it purely for the fans enjoyment....
huck
4/17/2014 11:52am
Wasn't RV pulling away from Jimmy while Jimmy was doing the quad?
MT MX
4/17/2014 12:11pm
huck wrote:
From the timing on the TV broadcast, James was slowly gaining on him before casing that quad.
It was less than a half a second per lap though.
IceMan446
4/17/2014 12:14pm
huck wrote:
blind love.
Big Lenny
4/17/2014 12:21pm
yak651 wrote:
What are you confused about? Seems he explained it well, still jumping 4 times in the section plus slowing down more to set up properly for...
What are you confused about? Seems he explained it well, still jumping 4 times in the section plus slowing down more to set up properly for the "big" jump. Jump for show, corner for dough....
Was DV at the race?..How many times did they show James hitting that quad let alone setting up for it?...
huck
4/17/2014 12:22pm
huck wrote:
MT MX wrote:
From the timing on the TV broadcast, James was slowly gaining on him before casing that quad. It was less than a half a second per...
From the timing on the TV broadcast, James was slowly gaining on him before casing that quad.
It was less than a half a second per lap though.
If James was 'gaining on him' that can only mean that RV pulled away from him....
S.Loyer
4/17/2014 12:27pm
yak651 wrote:
What are you confused about? Seems he explained it well, still jumping 4 times in the section plus slowing down more to set up properly for...
Big Lenny wrote:
Was DV at the race?..How many times did they show James hitting that quad let alone setting up for it?...
You're right, DV Doesn't know shit.

Is that the answer you're looking for?
Big Lenny
4/17/2014 12:28pm
yak651 wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
S.Loyer wrote:

You tell me ...
flapper
4/17/2014 12:29pm
Was there for the race, actually right by the quad JS cased,and the only time he seemed to be gaining was when Villo first started to get into lappers. Once Villo cleared them he pulled back out. James looked ragged in quite a few sections just trying too push too hard....IMO.
Big Lenny
4/17/2014 12:33pm
KlootZak wrote:
Indeed, I think he explained it pretty good (and I also think he was correct). I like Davids column on Pulpmx because he can tell what...

I like Davids column on Pulpmx because he can tell what the rider is doing wrong or good (technique wise). I like the insight he provides because I personally can't see what the top riders are doing wrong or good with their body and/or bike. It's nice to hear a more precise / professional / nerd explanation about SX/MX
Can DV see "Alaska" from his house too?...Huh
MT MX
4/17/2014 12:34pm
huck wrote:
If James was 'gaining on him' that can only mean that RV pulled away from him....
Notice the word 'before' that is also in my post?
Once James got in second he was slowly gaining on Ryan (according to the TV timing) until casing it.
It would've only been for a couple of laps though, meaning not even a second was gained.
Outsider
4/17/2014 12:38pm
James got his ass kicked and nobody's opinion will change that..

However, in my opinion, quads are gay!
hillbilly
4/17/2014 12:58pm
Couldn't DV have viewed James's gopro footage?

And you couldn't tell shit from tv,that was the worst filmed races ths year,fuckin retard directing the cameras.
GIwasB4
4/17/2014 1:03pm
Big Lenny wrote:
S.Loyer wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
You tell me ...
James can always give it another try next year.
Then again, likely not
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
4/17/2014 1:05pm
Outsider wrote:

It's the same thing that happened to RV for 3 races in a row.

The only good thing about RV taking the summer off is you can crawl back in your hole.
Outsider
4/17/2014 1:09pm
Outsider wrote:

gsxrcr28 wrote:
[b] James got his ass kicked and nobody's opinion will change that..[/b] It's the same thing that happened to RV for 3 races in a row...

It's the same thing that happened to RV for 3 races in a row.

The only good thing about RV taking the summer off is you can crawl back in your hole.
Took the wrong bait again... you're not too bright are ya?

Lenny can say all kind of stupid, antagonistic shit on an hourly basis, yet when I respond to something you're all over me every time... classic vital. Laughing
IceMan446
4/17/2014 1:16pm
Outsider wrote:

Ass kicked???

An ass kicking is being caught and passed and gapped. Not starting with a lead.

James was beat, no doubt about that.
IWreckALot
4/17/2014 1:19pm
KlootZak wrote:
Indeed, I think he explained it pretty good (and I also think he was correct). I like Davids column on Pulpmx because he can tell what...

Big Lenny wrote:
Usually I can figure out what you're fishing for but I'm lost on this one. I guess your reading comprehension is low today?
Mikkis
4/17/2014 1:27pm
Outsider wrote:

How about st.louis? Someone got ass kicked really bad there.

"However, in my opinion championship's are gay!"
huck
4/17/2014 1:28pm
I'd say 48 points with 2 races left would constitute an ass kicking!
Big Lenny
4/17/2014 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2014 1:30pm
KlootZak wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Usually I can figure out what you're fishing for but I'm lost on this one. I guess your reading comprehension is low today?
No, your's is obviously, HTF can he see all that on TV most likely from a couch...did you?...
Outsider
4/17/2014 1:36pm
Mikkis wrote:

Sensitive much?

To the topic, I don't understand what the point is... yes, the quad looked cool but wasn't ultimately faster. And they started pretty much together did they not?
Big Lenny
4/17/2014 1:40pm
Mikkis wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Sensitive much? To the topic, I don't understand what the point is... yes, the quad looked cool but wasn't ultimately faster. And they started pretty much...
Sensitive much?

To the topic, I don't understand what the point is... yes, the quad looked cool but wasn't ultimately faster. And they started pretty much together did they not?
That's not the point, the point was how did he see all that stuff going on from TV?....
huck
4/17/2014 1:40pm
Mikkis wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Sensitive much? To the topic, I don't understand what the point is... yes, the quad looked cool but wasn't ultimately faster. And they started pretty much...
Sensitive much?

Big Lenny wrote:
That's not the point, the point was how did he see all that stuff going on from TV?....
Maybe he was watching live timing with woody?
Mr. G
4/17/2014 1:41pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Whats the issue? James himself said it was slower so he stopped doing it.
I saw that too. Non issue.

Post a reply to: DV's opinion...

The Latest