DV tweet

ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/16/2019 7:42am
jeffro503 wrote:
I doubt it , and I also doubt he'll miss A1. That kid is an animal and he'll work through it.
ML512 wrote:
I could be wrong but I’d say there’s a good chance he broke one that has a plate in it. Recovery time will be longer, which...
I could be wrong but I’d say there’s a good chance he broke one that has a plate in it. Recovery time will be longer, which would mean no A1 for Chase.

Geico would likely go this route:
West: Shimoda, Craig, J Lawrence

East: Sexton, J Mart, H Lawrence
You're up rather early. Cool
On my way to the dez with the guys for SX practice. Oh and check out the Pulp MX show tonight.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/16/2019 7:45am
HenryA wrote:
So a factory Honda rider broke his collarbone during the off season on a....Kawasaki? :blink: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/16/391832/s1200_klx.jpg[/img]
So a factory Honda rider broke his collarbone during the off season on a....Kawasaki? Blink

slipdog wrote:
I know of a rider that got in trouble/threatened for being in a team sponsors ad/giveaway for a minibike(CRF50) decked out in the team's colors and...
I know of a rider that got in trouble/threatened for being in a team sponsors ad/giveaway for a minibike(CRF50) decked out in the team's colors and graphics. They had to abandon the CRF and go buy an SX50 to continue with the promotion to appease the manufacturer.
ML512 wrote:
McElrath.
Really??

That’s pretty shitty considering KTM doesn’t offer anything comparable to a CRF50
12/16/2019 7:48am
ML512 wrote:
I could be wrong but I’d say there’s a good chance he broke one that has a plate in it. Recovery time will be longer, which...
I could be wrong but I’d say there’s a good chance he broke one that has a plate in it. Recovery time will be longer, which would mean no A1 for Chase.

Geico would likely go this route:
West: Shimoda, Craig, J Lawrence

East: Sexton, J Mart, H Lawrence
ML512 wrote:
On my way to the dez with the guys for SX practice. Oh and check out the Pulp MX show tonight.
hey dude, what's up with the Patreon stuff?
12/16/2019 8:18am
davistld01 wrote:
With a factory ride and a chance at a championship, and beaucoup $$$...why does the dumbass bug bite so many riders. I mean...a PIT BIKE accident...
With a factory ride and a chance at a championship, and beaucoup $$$...why does the dumbass bug bite so many riders.

I mean...a PIT BIKE accident? Come on! Pinch
Yea what a dumbass for having fun and not being the robotic moto athlete we all hate

The Shop

Moto520
12/16/2019 8:23am
That looks fun as hell.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/16/2019 8:38am
ML512 wrote:
Ahh the helmet! I’m getting caught up on shipping, team project bad idea 😂 I’ll get it out today.
JM485
12/16/2019 8:39am
HenryA wrote:
So a factory Honda rider broke his collarbone during the off season on a....Kawasaki? :blink: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/16/391832/s1200_klx.jpg[/img]
So a factory Honda rider broke his collarbone during the off season on a....Kawasaki? Blink

slipdog wrote:
I know of a rider that got in trouble/threatened for being in a team sponsors ad/giveaway for a minibike(CRF50) decked out in the team's colors and...
I know of a rider that got in trouble/threatened for being in a team sponsors ad/giveaway for a minibike(CRF50) decked out in the team's colors and graphics. They had to abandon the CRF and go buy an SX50 to continue with the promotion to appease the manufacturer.
Falcon wrote:
And why not? Your ONE GOAL as a factory rider is to promote the brand you ride for. It is ludicrous how many people think it's...
And why not? Your ONE GOAL as a factory rider is to promote the brand you ride for. It is ludicrous how many people think it's OK to sell/promote/ride something else.
Smart riders act like their brand is the only one they would even consider riding; all others are simply inferior and not worth his time. (Of course the winds switch direction before the ink is dry on his contract if he switches brands.)
Did you miss the part where it was a giveaway, as in something nice for charity?

Whoever the fuckface at that manufacturer was that made them go out and buy a whole other bike even though the other had team graphics just to appease their ego should get slapped, that’s a dick move of epic proportions.
12/16/2019 8:42am
ML512 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Ahh the helmet! I’m getting caught up on shipping, team project bad idea 😂 I’ll get it out today.
Thanks man!
mb60
12/16/2019 9:59am
Reminds you of Travis Pastrana back in the day.
rob162
12/16/2019 10:31am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 10:32am
rob162 wrote:
It's chase.
Camp332 wrote:
[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/7a9c5f5726e029424b3a8d22bc3d86da/tenor.png[/img]
I just read the op and replied. Didn't even bother to read anything else until after i posted. Serves me right.
Question
12/16/2019 10:46am
davistld01 wrote:
With a factory ride and a chance at a championship, and beaucoup $$$...why does the dumbass bug bite so many riders. I mean...a PIT BIKE accident...
With a factory ride and a chance at a championship, and beaucoup $$$...why does the dumbass bug bite so many riders.

Yea what a dumbass for having fun and not being the robotic moto athlete we all hate

It is impossible to make 10 or 12 times 40 minutes motos during 1 day so pitbike and/or BMX or DH can be part of a training program. We love technical riders, and a portion of this skill often involve some time in these 3 activities. Everything to get ready has a risk anyway (hill climbing, road cycling means cars, mountain biking, go karting, jet skiing, even running is known to be not good for the knees). Only yoga and swimming pool are less risky.

0 blame on the rider, plus it is quite a bummer as it can't help to break several times the same bones so young. Wishing him a great season.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
12/16/2019 10:56am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 10:58am
HenryA wrote:

True story, my brother and I are responsible for UFO making the red plastics for the 2010+ style KLX 110s. Before that it was only green, black, or white. I see they also sell Yellow and Pink here as of the last 6 months or so.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
12/16/2019 11:44am
davistld01 wrote:

Question wrote:
It is impossible to make 10 or 12 times 40 minutes motos during 1 day so pitbike and/or BMX or DH can be part of a...

It is impossible to make 10 or 12 times 40 minutes motos during 1 day so pitbike and/or BMX or DH can be part of a training program. We love technical riders, and a portion of this skill often involve some time in these 3 activities. Everything to get ready has a risk anyway (hill climbing, road cycling means cars, mountain biking, go karting, jet skiing, even running is known to be not good for the knees). Only yoga and swimming pool are less risky.

0 blame on the rider, plus it is quite a bummer as it can't help to break several times the same bones so young. Wishing him a great season.
Ask Pastrana how low risk swimming pools are.
Sully
12/16/2019 3:58pm
JM485 wrote:
Did you miss the part where it was a giveaway, as in something nice for charity? Whoever the fuckface at that manufacturer was that made them...
Did you miss the part where it was a giveaway, as in something nice for charity?

Whoever the fuckface at that manufacturer was that made them go out and buy a whole other bike even though the other had team graphics just to appease their ego should get slapped, that’s a dick move of epic proportions.
You don't understand how contracts work, do you? Nothing ego based about it; a rider appears in an ad for/with a brand in direct competition with the one they represent, and they get sued.
peelout
12/16/2019 4:33pm
slipdog wrote:
ML512 wrote:
McElrath.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Really??

That’s pretty shitty considering KTM doesn’t offer anything comparable to a CRF50
Suzuki has one, they call it a 450
kkawboy14
12/16/2019 4:38pm
So the first guy who said it was Sexton, that got busted for saying was Sexton.....he was actually correct? Happens all the time around here.
Moto Norcal
12/16/2019 6:01pm
That sucks...Sexton seems to have all the ingredients. Just a stumble, but stumbles can add up...
hamncheeze
12/16/2019 6:18pm
That sucks...Sexton seems to have all the ingredients. Just a stumble, but stumbles can add up...
Agreed. 2 of his 3 collarbone fractures have happened off the (full-size) motorcycle. I hope he heals up well and is strong for the start of the East Coast. Fractures in an already plated clavicle can be more complicated for sure.
tcallahan707
12/16/2019 9:16pm
HenryA wrote:

What's around his ankle? Is that a brace of some sort?

I have the opinion that riding pit bikes is ok. Same with jet skis. I think cross over skills and having fun being an athlete are only a positive when it comes to the big picture performance-wise.
gnarwhip
12/16/2019 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 9:40pm
Dungey's probably so mad lol
ab5772
12/16/2019 11:03pm
Remember when Chad Reed dislocated his shoulder playing pool?
philG
12/17/2019 1:06am
DonM wrote:
You can't live life in a box....he got hurt having fun...He'll be fine it's not the end of the world...
He has a responsibility to turn up for work. Not getting hurt is part of that. I dont ride MX in season to avoid injuries , so my supermoto sponsor doesnt have a $15000 bike sitting there doing nothing.
12/17/2019 3:58am
Brad460 wrote:
It’s just a collarbone..relax..Didn’t Dungey race a couple weeks after having his collarbone plated?
dkg wrote:
I think it was 3 weeks
Crush wrote:
Pretty sure Bagget raved after two weeks when his was plated too?
What night Club ?
DonM
12/17/2019 6:18am
DonM wrote:
You can't live life in a box....he got hurt having fun...He'll be fine it's not the end of the world...
philG wrote:
He has a responsibility to turn up for work. Not getting hurt is part of that. I dont ride MX in season to avoid injuries...
He has a responsibility to turn up for work. Not getting hurt is part of that. I dont ride MX in season to avoid injuries , so my supermoto sponsor doesnt have a $15000 bike sitting there doing nothing.
Ok Phil.....
pilotdude
12/17/2019 7:10am
Most young men tend to do stupid things. It's what they do. Their relatively new exposure to the very powerful hormone testosterone creates the false but seductive illusion that they are invincible. That combined with the lack of wisdom which comes from inexperience often leads them to take chances others see as foolish and reckless. Hence the old saying, "There's old pilots and there's bold pilots...but there ain't no old, bold pilots." How many times have we heard our greatest (and old/experienced) MX and SX champions say, "I just got to the point where I didn't want to take the risks anymore." It's why insurance companies charge them higher premiums...statistically there's pretty much no one home. If they did smart things they would be wealthy and free instead of broke and in bondage, but again statistically we see how that usually ends up. Hence the old saying, "Youth is wasted on the young."

When young men are able to harness the power of their youth, combine it with wisdom, and channel it toward something worthwhile, you get examples in history like Alexander the Great, Elon Musk, and others who go on to accomplish amazing things,

Wow. And all that from seeing Chase Sexton break his collarbone a few weeks before the Supercross season by riding a pit bike. :-)
yak651
Fantasy
214th
12/17/2019 7:15am
ab5772 wrote:
Remember when Chad Reed dislocated his shoulder playing pool?
Yeah and Mike Craig busted his ankle tripping over his Doc Martens...

Post a reply to: DV tweet

The Latest