DV has his s*** figured out

bents
Fantasy
710th
Edited Date/Time 3/28/2019 7:20pm
DV, congrats on being smart with your money, and now having the ability to do whatever the hell you want. I'm envious-not jealous. Good for you-you worked your ass off and crashed and risked your health to be a top pro MX/SX rider. I hope young pro's read this and follow your lead.

https://racerxonline.com/2019/03/27/insight-david-vuillemin
|
3/27/2019 3:49pm
Good for him.

He’s still annoying to listen to on pulp. Not surprised he’s divorced....lol
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
3/27/2019 3:51pm
He’s arrogant, but everything he’s saying is correct. He is right about minimizing body movement etc. smooth is fast. No clutch, no rear brake, no excessive movements. All perfect advice. Especially in an era where leg swag and super excessive scrubbing is everywhere.
Crush
3/27/2019 3:53pm
Good for him.

Wow
Middleside
3/27/2019 3:57pm
Good for him.

Crush wrote:
Wow
Hes mentioned it on the show many times. They also talk about Rcs GLs and Rynos recent divorce. Seems to uphold the 50% rule. Recently they mentioned someone else but cant remember who.

The Shop

milliebays
3/27/2019 4:18pm
He’s arrogant, but everything he’s saying is correct. He is right about minimizing body movement etc. smooth is fast. No clutch, no rear brake, no excessive...
He’s arrogant, but everything he’s saying is correct. He is right about minimizing body movement etc. smooth is fast. No clutch, no rear brake, no excessive movements. All perfect advice. Especially in an era where leg swag and super excessive scrubbing is everywhere.
Cameron McADoo comes to mind.
MelonFan123
3/27/2019 4:25pm
"see, I don't need the software"

hahahah!! DV is an arrogant f**k but godammit he's right most of the time Grinning
newmann
3/27/2019 5:04pm
Good for him.

Sometimes, someone has to be the asshole. Helps when you have "f' you" money.Laughing
plowboy
3/27/2019 5:12pm
Technically, DV is not an asshole...he's French. But I do believe he excelled in assholery at schoolDizzySilly
JAFO92
3/27/2019 5:30pm
Cobra is a cool mofo and has always been generous as they come. I emailed him years ago about a benefit race I was helping to put on, DV boxed up and sent me signed gear that same day personally.

Remember this one? Tongue

https://youtu.be/L2EyqdAxAZg Tongue
plowboy
3/27/2019 5:48pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Cobra is a cool mofo and has always been generous as they come. I emailed him years ago about a benefit race I was helping to...
Cobra is a cool mofo and has always been generous as they come. I emailed him years ago about a benefit race I was helping to put on, DV boxed up and sent me signed gear that same day personally.

Yes he is . I caught him in the pits one year at Thunder Valley. Told him I was on Vital and couldn't shut him up. Introduced me to his wife (now ex I hear). He might come across as arrogant but I honestly think he just loves/respects the sport so much he believes he's earned some respect for his accomplishments...and so do I. Viva le Cobra.
newmann
3/27/2019 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2019 5:56pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Cobra is a cool mofo and has always been generous as they come. I emailed him years ago about a benefit race I was helping to...

And I bought that gear. Still have it.

2002???

Still have those benefit shirts boxed up. RIP Motoman393...
MXMattii
3/27/2019 5:59pm
It is just the accent let him sound like a Scottish farmer and you will like everything he says.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
3/27/2019 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2019 6:08pm
I wouldn't say I have my stuff figured out. A lot of my stuff isn't... I'm divorced, I've lived alone for the last 7 years, I learn everyday how to best myself as a father and I don't know much about anything else other than SX or MX... I do have the luxury not to rely on anyone's paycheck. I've made my money. I paid my divorced settlement in 1 deed signature and 1 wire transfer. Never blew money. Always invested and most importantly, I'm living very modestly compare to what I could be doing... I live in a "cheap" area of California. I drive a $15k VW Passat. I don't own any toys. My houses are paid. I'm currently scaling down to a 1800sqft townhouse. I wasn't good enough to make RC's or Reedy's money so I can't ball in their league but/and I don't mind shopping at Ross or Aldi haha. But you can't tell someone has his stuff figured out based on money made and wealth management. I'm just a former SX/MX pro who never really won anything important. And that's nothing to get excited about...

As of coming off as an arrogant a**hole, I do play this role a lot to annoy people on purpose. I enjoy more to be hated for what I'm not than liked for who I am... My few close friends or my family know I'm not that much of an a**hole in private (or not nearly as bad anyway haha). I don't mind pissing a lot of people off, it's my way to screen people in my life. The ones who stick around have to be good then...
newmann
3/27/2019 6:04pm
dv12.com wrote:
I wouldn't say I have my stuff figured out. A lot of my stuff isn't... I'm divorced, I've lived alone for the last 7 years, I...
I wouldn't say I have my stuff figured out. A lot of my stuff isn't... I'm divorced, I've lived alone for the last 7 years, I learn everyday how to best myself as a father and I don't know much about anything else other than SX or MX... I do have the luxury not to rely on anyone's paycheck. I've made my money. I paid my divorced settlement in 1 deed signature and 1 wire transfer. Never blew money. Always invested and most importantly, I'm living very modestly compare to what I could be doing... I live in a "cheap" area of California. I drive a $15k VW Passat. I don't own any toys. My houses are paid. I'm currently scaling down to a 1800sqft townhouse. I wasn't good enough to make RC's or Reedy's money so I can't ball in their league but/and I don't mind shopping at Ross or Aldi haha. But you can't tell someone has his stuff figured out based on money made and wealth management. I'm just a former SX/MX pro who never really won anything important. And that's nothing to get excited about...

As of coming off as an arrogant a**hole, I do play this role a lot to annoy people on purpose. I enjoy more to be hated for what I'm not than liked for who I am... My few close friends or my family know I'm not that much of an a**hole in private (or not nearly as bad anyway haha). I don't mind pissing a lot of people off, it's my way to screen people in my life. The ones who stick around have to be good then...
??
plowboy
3/27/2019 6:05pm
dv12.com wrote:
I wouldn't say I have my stuff figured out. A lot of my stuff isn't... I'm divorced, I've lived alone for the last 7 years, I...

Yeah, I pretty much had you pegged. Peace brother.
mikec265
3/27/2019 6:21pm
I thought this was going to be about Marv and Ferrandis winning with DV's help.
BobPA
3/27/2019 6:22pm
dv12.com wrote:

You should mentor young athletes about money management. Lots of ex-NBA and NFL players would pay good money to not end up on 30 for 30.
500guy
3/27/2019 6:41pm
When I was traveling to the races I remember DV always shopping his air fare to and from the races, He wasn't all first class and private jets.

He gave some good tips on ways to find good cheap flights, it really helped.

Also my first post on the internet was bashing Dv and He got on there and told me basically F**k off , I thought that was awesome and when I saw him at the races He always acknowledged me and was cool about it.

He's alright in my book.
JB 19
3/27/2019 6:46pm
My theory is that it simply comes down to racing. Lots of racing growing up. Not practicing and racing the stop watch.... racing multiple times per weekend. Today's phenoms practice at training facilities and then race big races. 15 years ago and before you just raced... all the time. You raced mud, blue grove, winter arena cross, fair races, harescambles, whatever... you raced, and you did it on multiple sized bikes on the same day. It made you battle hardened and diverse. Any bike, any track.... if you raced in the 70's, 80's or 90's you can relate. Now everyone is so comfy with their one bike and track that is prepped and perfect that they only know the easy way to ride.

Racing wherever, wherever on whatever makes you skilled at many different conditions and situations.

JAFO92
3/27/2019 6:56pm
newmann wrote:
And I bought that gear. Still have it.

2002???

Still have those benefit shirts boxed up. RIP Motoman393...
Wow, didnt realize you ended up with that stuff. Excellent.

mikec265
3/27/2019 7:00pm
dv12.com wrote:

BobPA wrote:
You should mentor young athletes about money management. Lots of ex-NBA and NFL players would pay good money to not end up on 30 for 30.
All they need to do is research what self made, non-celebrity, millionaires do. It's all over the internet for free. Basically common sense. Don't waste money, and invest wisely.
mb60
3/27/2019 7:50pm
dv12.com wrote:

DV12 became a fan of yours when you told Lucky Nichols off in Reality of speed. Now that was classic and be the best dad you can be. F the rest and live your life like you want.
bents
Fantasy
710th
3/27/2019 8:10pm
dv12.com wrote:

DV, let me clarify. It was cool to read that you didn't have to work if you didn't want to, that you had enough foresight and discipline to put yourself in a good spot, even after the divorce. I have been down that same road as many have on this board and elsewhere as far as divorce goes, and it is a bastard, especially when kids are part of the equation. I didn't mean to mix you up with the Dalai Lama or anything...just jokes there. We all take the majority of our life to get our shit together, and hopefully we live long enough to enjoy a small bit of time with our stuff in order.
77Moto
3/27/2019 8:23pm
Eat supercross, sleep supercross, shit supercross, fuck supercross
That was a good episode.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/27/2019 9:15pm
Good for him.

Crush wrote:
Wow
Middleside wrote:
Hes mentioned it on the show many times. They also talk about Rcs GLs and Rynos recent divorce. Seems to uphold the 50% rule. Recently they...
Hes mentioned it on the show many times. They also talk about Rcs GLs and Rynos recent divorce. Seems to uphold the 50% rule. Recently they mentioned someone else but cant remember who.
Women see theses riders as $$$ so no wonder when the money quits rolling in they hit the road just like any other sport where the athlete makes good money. Sucks to work hard to earn money you will need to live on when your career is over just to give a woman half because she was in it for a payday.
3/27/2019 9:52pm
dv12.com wrote:

BobPA wrote:
They don't need to mentored.

They need to neutered.

When you have kids numbering in the teens with baby mommas also numbering in the teens all you really need to learn is to keep it in your pants.

No one can manage money when that many women are involved.TongueTongueTongue
3/27/2019 10:08pm
The corner thing with Roncada was kind of a “love tap” almost, Waaaaay different than what for example and just example purposes Musquin t-boned Tomac. That was brut force compared to the Roncada take down. Just my opinion.

Post a reply to: DV has his s*** figured out

The Latest