DV goes rogue

PressPassP
3/3/2015 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 3:37pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly...
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly placed GIF I think I've ever seen.

But hey....I gotta admit.....I was over zealous when it came to the RV/GP thing , and if I ruffled any Euro feathers along the way....it was all in good fun. Nobody should of taken my " RV +30 sec " thread to seriously. It was made to get a rise out of people.

I know damn well that most of us....if we ever met , would bench race like crazy and swig down a bunch of cold ones.
1-forty-8 wrote:
What about the post where ya said it was pathetic that Brits root for guys that aren't British..? I ain't gonna lie Jeffro, that struck a...
What about the post where ya said it was pathetic that Brits root for guys that aren't British..? I ain't gonna lie Jeffro, that struck a nerve with me big time. I mean, isn't Kenny one of the most loved riders over there right now? Do you disagree with that too? Hell, ocscottie is a massive 94 fan, is that pathetic too?

Not trying to cause any shit dude, I just couldn't believe what I was reading coming from someone who i considered to be one of the good guys of this site..
jeffro503 wrote:
Well brother , I'm not sure exactly where I said that , but I think you may of taken it out of context. There are guys...
Well brother , I'm not sure exactly where I said that , but I think you may of taken it out of context. There are guys on here ( or were until they got banned ) Like MxGeoff , Mxfollower and a few others that , that specific quote was directed towards. There were a couple guys on here with their location as GBR that were rubbing it in that an Italian won ( talking about other races...not the GP this past weekend ) , or another rider from other countries then their own.

If I remember correctly.....that conversation went as the GP guys rooting for anyone and everyone from every country to go out and beat Americans. I know damn well we have shit head posters from on this side of the pond......just as you guys have shit head posters over there. When I say something like that.....it's directed towards them. NOT towards guys like you , Jamma and many others. So if I pissed you off for what I said , I apologize.....that was not my intention.

And yeah....sometimes I go over board with it all. When the shit starts to hit the fan....sometimes you gotta pick a side. And me..." being me "....have a hard time staying quite on certain things. Again though....I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.
Pretty sure nearly all of us would get along if we met up,that's been apparent to me at a couple of MXdN

We all have our favourite riders and can be a fan of whoever we want,that's part of the reason it's hard not getting sucked into the shit and fight fire with fire,especially after comments like Jamma brought up,I'm a big AC fan and over the 5 years I've been on here,man it's been tiring hearing him being shit on like he has,often from the same trolls

Props to DV coming on to inject some great insight.and sanity where things quite probably could've descended into doo doo again Smile
CR250Rider
3/3/2015 3:42pm
seth505 wrote:
I like the ryno callout, I'm officially a DV fan for life Laughing
X2

DV has the passion.
blusmbl
3/3/2015 4:58pm
seth505 wrote:
I like the ryno callout, I'm officially a DV fan for life Laughing
CR250Rider wrote:
X2

DV has the passion.
X3. He also wrote the book on 2 stroke goon riding on a supercross track!
3/3/2015 5:53pm
DV needs to be on EVERY pulp show! (Best co hosts for a pulp mx show would be DV, Adam Cianciarulo, JT$,Keefer)

DVs insight and unfiltered honesty is something I totally appreciate!
I get that some people dont like that he is very forthcoming or even seemingly abrasive with his opinions but sit back and hear him out a minute and you might learn something.

Another thing people miss is under that crabby looking exterior he has quite a sense of humor too!

The Shop

dkg
3/3/2015 7:29pm
DV needs to be on EVERY pulp show! (Best co hosts for a pulp mx show would be DV, Adam Cianciarulo, JT$,Keefer) DVs insight and unfiltered...
DV needs to be on EVERY pulp show! (Best co hosts for a pulp mx show would be DV, Adam Cianciarulo, JT$,Keefer)

DVs insight and unfiltered honesty is something I totally appreciate!
I get that some people dont like that he is very forthcoming or even seemingly abrasive with his opinions but sit back and hear him out a minute and you might learn something.

Another thing people miss is under that crabby looking exterior he has quite a sense of humor too!
I'd like to see DV, Berloooooti (sic.), JT$ do a show on GPs. Your list is good too.
willie838
3/3/2015 8:03pm
dv is the man.

i'm a fan of a guy who's seperated himself from the sport enough to be fucking honest about it.

------

his comments on rv's setup really made me realize i'm just a viewer of this sport. all i see is, "he doesn't look too comfortable"- not a break down of suspension setup and gearing.

3/3/2015 8:15pm
Paris-Bercy 97, Good Show David. What a bony spindly little kid you were that weekend, My son still has his autographed tee shirt gathering dust on the workshop wall. You were magnificent that weekend.
3/3/2015 8:33pm
bd wrote:
Enjoy reading DV's insight. I consider Motocross and Supercross two different sports. Could MXGP and USMX be that different? Blown away by it. I believe in...
Enjoy reading DV's insight. I consider Motocross and Supercross two different sports. Could MXGP and USMX be that different? Blown away by it.

I believe in 2003 or 2004 the AMA Racing started grooming tracks. RC called MX highways and he lost a tad of his advantage. Wonder if DC and crew have really put our riders at a disadvantage via MXDN and MXGP due to USMX track prep.
Watch out! Your going to start getting emails claiming how spiteful you are and that nothing you say makes any sense.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
3/4/2015 1:58am
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can...
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can just walk up to RV at A1 and tell him he's doing it wrong, and expect RV to immediately call his team and tell them to slide the fork legs up 10mm. DV is carrying on like a jilted lover, it's strange.
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's...
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's truck talking about it and at one point, since I know how RV rides and how he sets up his bike, I told him that I thought he's was gonna struggle if he wanted to used a US-like bike there... That's all. But what do I know? I GOT IT! I NEVER WON ANYTHING, IM NOT EVEN A HAS BEEN. IM A NEVER WAS... I've heard the story...

Sometimes I wonder how Ryno gets blown by all you guys with his weird gym workouts and you call him an "American Bad Ass" when he never won a single race in the main class in his career? If I am a never was with an empty trophy room? I am wondering, what is he?

Here is my all-time SX stats (250 2 stroke & 450) for the kids that were in their dads' balls when I was winning races...

DV, you have a pair and I effin' love it! Met you in Vegas when you were riding Suzuki....the pleasure was mine. Loved seeing you race against the legends all those years ago (who's that 3 digit guy running up front?)....you've been there and done it. I think any rider...not just RV could benefit from your experience and insights.
I love the fact that you're still so passionate about this sport we all love. Thank you for your input.
GATOR
3/4/2015 2:06am
I guess I just have some free time to spare these days. I absolutely love this sport and put a lot of work into what I...
I guess I just have some free time to spare these days. I absolutely love this sport and put a lot of work into what I write and say. I try to analyse to the best of my knowledge every subject I talk about. I think that's why some people like what I write. I am a keyboard jockey too with a big mouth and I can handle the heat. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be on here. I always like a good debate when it's filled with facts.
253 wrote:
Hey DV- I really appreciate your take on all things moto. Its always refreshing to get honest opinions and real facts. Anyhow, has anyone ever approached...
Hey DV- I really appreciate your take on all things moto. Its always refreshing to get honest opinions and real facts. Anyhow, has anyone ever approached you for TV commentary? It'd be nice to have someone like you in the booth every so often to change it up.
Lol, I think they would be scared of what he might say. I personally would get a kick out of it.
He actually did it in France quite a few times... And took a beating online for saying every so often "This is way better in the US, and that is much gnarlier in the US, and you should see how it's done in the US"...
Silly
plowboy
3/4/2015 2:30am
I could be totally wrong ( and probably am) but I don't think there is or will be another track that breaks down like Qatar did. I'd be willing to bet that all the GP guys ran a one off setting for that place. RV rides and steers with the rear wheel more than anyone I can remember since Roger and Joel. His style will and settings will be just fine when the circuit hits Europe.
Seamorbutts
3/4/2015 2:50am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 2:52am
253 wrote:
Hey DV- I really appreciate your take on all things moto. Its always refreshing to get honest opinions and real facts. Anyhow, has anyone ever approached...
Hey DV- I really appreciate your take on all things moto. Its always refreshing to get honest opinions and real facts. Anyhow, has anyone ever approached you for TV commentary? It'd be nice to have someone like you in the booth every so often to change it up.
Lol, I think they would be scared of what he might say. I personally would get a kick out of it.
GATOR wrote:
He actually did it in France quite a few times... And took a beating online for saying every so often "This is way better in the...
He actually did it in France quite a few times... And took a beating online for saying every so often "This is way better in the US, and that is much gnarlier in the US, and you should see how it's done in the US"...
Silly
Hahahahaha, that's hilarious, I didn't know that. I know I love his personality, even though I liked the racer way before I knew what his personality was like. Good to know that happened, thanks.
huck
3/4/2015 5:16am
I always thought that calling out people's family members was off limits here. Fuck off.
TMV
3/4/2015 5:30am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:31am
I don't know if it was really what you meant but you said:

"Do you know how much time does it take to your mom to take a shit? Nine months!"

HuhLaughing
OXBOY
3/4/2015 5:43am
Grieby54 wrote:
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute...
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute much better than DV. Based on RV's accomplishments, I think that what he believes to be correct carries more merit than what DV believes to be correct.
Where have you seen that your opinion is relevant only if you've won a championship ?

DV12 analyzes are still relevant, and have the support of many technicians, riders, etc....He's one of the most experimented riders, in Europe as in United States.
OXBOY
3/4/2015 6:01am
disbanded wrote:
Parlez vous fromage?
No, we only speak beer....Wink
OXBOY
3/4/2015 6:02am
disbanded wrote:
Parlez vous fromage?
OXBOY wrote:
And if you're DV12, you speak Pastis....Tongue
karsmakers
3/4/2015 7:47am
I think if DV hasen't already become a US citizen, we should fast track him for his efforts to get RV on track Cool
jamma10
3/4/2015 7:58am
karsmakers wrote:
I think if DV hasen't already become a US citizen, we should fast track him for his efforts to get RV on track Cool
Think Dungey probably owes him a beer or two at least!
Sandberm
3/4/2015 8:01am
DeCoster needs to hire DV as team suspension consultant for the mx DES nations this year.

Anybody listened to Dunges interview on Pulpmx? I havent yet but I heard he talks about his suspension settings at MXDN and how far they were off.
GATOR
3/4/2015 8:02am
TMV wrote:
I don't know if it was really what you meant but you said: "Do you know how much time does it take to your mom to...
I don't know if it was really what you meant but you said:

"Do you know how much time does it take to your mom to take a shit? Nine months!"

HuhLaughing
Well now we actually have the proof...
GATOR
3/4/2015 8:02am
disbanded wrote:
Parlez vous fromage?
OXBOY wrote:
...no one ever works, in this country.
Laughing
Randy Savage
3/4/2015 8:03am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 8:03am
Grieby54 wrote:
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute...
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute much better than DV. Based on RV's accomplishments, I think that what he believes to be correct carries more merit than what DV believes to be correct.
OXBOY wrote:
Where have you seen that your opinion is relevant only if you've won a championship ? DV12 analyzes are still relevant, and have the support of...
Where have you seen that your opinion is relevant only if you've won a championship ?

DV12 analyzes are still relevant, and have the support of many technicians, riders, etc....He's one of the most experimented riders, in Europe as in United States.
Grieby's mentality is very typical. that's why the "local fast guy" has the most people standing at his tailgate. Basic Bros automatically equate speed to quality of character for some reason.

Do_Work
3/4/2015 9:35am
Grieby's mentality is very typical. that's why the "local fast guy" has the most people standing at his tailgate. Basic Bros automatically equate speed to quality...
Grieby's mentality is very typical. that's why the "local fast guy" has the most people standing at his tailgate. Basic Bros automatically equate speed to quality of character for some reason.

love this take

Post a reply to: DV goes rogue

The Latest