DV goes rogue

GMalzee
3/3/2015 7:41am
Grieby54 wrote:
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think...
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think RV might know how to get it done just a bit better.
tiwita wrote:
What does DV's (or any other dude) trophy room have to do with his technical moto knowledge ? You may not be OK with the guy...
What does DV's (or any other dude) trophy room have to do with his technical moto knowledge ? You may not be OK with the guy but most of the time his opinions are carried out with tangible facts/observations and not not taken from out of nowhere.
Grieby54 wrote:
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute...
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute much better than DV. Based on RV's accomplishments, I think that what he believes to be correct carries more merit than what DV believes to be correct.
Both their opinions have merit. Often guys who aren't as fast are good at bike setup. In RV's case he rides differently than others so his setup is going to be somewhat unconventional. DV is forgetting that RV has had his bike setup well for all the MXDN's he has raced. RV's bike probably wasn't setup well for that track in Qatar but that doesn't mean much, people have setup issues all the time on tracks they are very familiar with let alone ones they aren't. I don't think setup had anything to do with his starts and that seems to be the biggest issue with RV's results, that and mechanical issues.
Suns_PSD
3/3/2015 7:45am
jamma10 wrote:
Really good interviews with Cairoli and RV in the latest [url=http://ontrackoffroad.com/magazine/otor-march-3rd-100/?numpage=2297371/11677236&imgid=1&from=newsletter_100]OntrackOffroad[/url]
Really good interviews with Cairoli and RV in the latest OntrackOffroad
That's a great magazine! Thanks.
Grieby54
3/3/2015 7:48am
I'm sure it's simply coincidence the last 3 posts saying DV knows better than RV come from French posters.
rangot
3/3/2015 7:59am
It's not really the fact that i'm French, but rather because i know DV and i know he's a student of the sport with a big knowledge and experience, by having been there done that. And by the way, to me he's not even French, he's from Marseille. Enough said.

The Shop

Grieby54
3/3/2015 8:03am
rangot wrote:
It's not really the fact that i'm French, but rather because i know DV and i know he's a student of the sport with a big...
It's not really the fact that i'm French, but rather because i know DV and i know he's a student of the sport with a big knowledge and experience, by having been there done that. And by the way, to me he's not even French, he's from Marseille. Enough said.
I'm not saying that DV isn't credible. I'm saying that RV has "been there and done that" far more with more success than DV has - so I imagine RV would know better.
YZ125H1
3/3/2015 8:04am
Bike setup looks to play a bigger role in the European circuit at least from my perspective.
rangot
3/3/2015 8:05am
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm not saying that DV isn't credible. I'm saying that RV has "been there and done that" far more with more success than DV has -...
I'm not saying that DV isn't credible. I'm saying that RV has "been there and done that" far more with more success than DV has - so I imagine RV would know better.
In Europe ? Not so much. I think it was his first GP, but i may be wrong.
jamma10
3/3/2015 8:06am
rangot wrote:
It's not really the fact that i'm French, but rather because i know DV and i know he's a student of the sport with a big...
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm not saying that DV isn't credible. I'm saying that RV has "been there and done that" far more with more success than DV has -...
DV did have Carmichael and McGrath to contend with in their prime though.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/3/2015 8:10am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 8:11am
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can just walk up to RV at A1 and tell him he's doing it wrong, and expect RV to immediately call his team and tell them to slide the fork legs up 10mm. DV is carrying on like a jilted lover, it's strange.
BD233
3/3/2015 8:16am
No matter what you think of either rider, DV is right. You can watch the race and clearly see that. There is no arguement here. RV admitted it in post race comments about setup. You have to set up for the chop.... period...that's where time is made and lost... Move on....RV will get it dialed soon enough jeeeeez.
Grieby54
3/3/2015 8:24am
Grieby54 wrote:
rangot wrote:
In Europe ? Not so much. I think it was his first GP, but i may be wrong.
How many MXdNs has RV won?
tiwita
3/3/2015 8:40am
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm sure it's simply coincidence the last 3 posts saying DV knows better than RV come from French posters.
So after the trophy room, we should look out someone's passport to value one's opinion ?

I don't personaly know DV, so it's not that I like HIM, but I like how he conducts analysis and try to explain what he sees to "amateurs" just like me.

Anyway...
peelout
3/3/2015 9:14am
Grieby54 wrote:
first the Brits, now the Frogs

this place is fucked if RV doesn't turn it around this weekend
jamma10
3/3/2015 9:30am
No, that was just a very quick selection from one thead listed in the archives.

Maybe you're being selective yourself, otherwise you wouldn't have missed the bit where I said; 'You have to consider these sort of comments are written in every GP related thread on Vital, every RacerX article, Youtube or Vurbmoto video, Instagram and Twitter posts over the past what, ten years'
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/3/2015 9:36am
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can...
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can just walk up to RV at A1 and tell him he's doing it wrong, and expect RV to immediately call his team and tell them to slide the fork legs up 10mm. DV is carrying on like a jilted lover, it's strange.
This is my only problem with all of this, I keep seeing "I told him at A1...I told him at A1!!" Take it eeeeasy DV
keinz
3/3/2015 9:37am
Grieby54 wrote:
peelout wrote:
first the Brits, now the Frogs

this place is fucked if RV doesn't turn it around this weekend
Smile
jeffro503
3/3/2015 9:44am
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly placed GIF I think I've ever seen.

But hey....I gotta admit.....I was over zealous when it came to the RV/GP thing , and if I ruffled any Euro feathers along the way....it was all in good fun. Nobody should of taken my " RV +30 sec " thread to seriously. It was made to get a rise out of people.

I know damn well that most of us....if we ever met , would bench race like crazy and swig down a bunch of cold ones.
kongols
3/3/2015 9:54am
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm sure DV has some great insight, as do many other observers of the sport. What I don't understand is what makes him think he can...
They where talking about RV`s move to GP`s where DV has raced. He told him his opinion on what to expect and how to prepare. Nowhere did he say that RV is doing it wrong.
TMV
3/3/2015 9:54am
jamma10 wrote:
Good thing about Vital is the ability to refer to archived posts. The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may...
Good thing about Vital is the ability to refer to archived posts.

The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may not specifically mention winning by 30 seconds, they're pretty indicative of a vocal minority/majority (depends on your view) of US Moto fans. (NOT ALL I should emphasise!).

You have to consider these sort of comments are written in every GP related thread on Vital, every RacerX article, Youtube or Vurbmoto video, Instagram and Twitter posts over the past what, ten years or so? On the Racer-X GP preview for example you had people saying this season would be "like clubbing seals", among other things. We know half of it is meant in jest, but we also know from the overwhelming number of them that it's not too far from peoples true beliefs either, so it's not surprising that you get the odd European like Mohammed or MXFollower who can't keep their frustration under control. But we're not American haters, or RV haters. 99.9% of us love American racing, we just don't appreciate the constant derision when all most of us just want to be able to do is come here to discuss the sport in good nature.

You're guilty of deliberately trolling this place yourself, so how do you expect people to react? I know you say you did so primarily because of people like Phil and Rob, Rob actually hardly ever posts and Phils tactic is simply to play you guys are your own game and talk up the GPs to an unbearable level. But if you were to actually engage them in a normal conversation you'll find that they would give you a perfectly friendly and educated answer back. But push their buttons or say something that is way out of line and they will come back at you with amunition of their own, the same can be said for most of us.

The truth is, to ever have a hope of ending the constant derision and disprespect shown towards the GP riders we desperately needed someone like RV to come and race them on GP tracks, instead of GP riders moving to the US which is the benchmark for most. It's a total misconception that Europeans think the GPs are superior to the Nationals, we may argue that it's a more level playing field or that if offers different challenges, but we all know how incredible the racing is in the US and how fast the top guys are. It's more that we're appealing to you lot and saying "Look, we've got a great series over here too that you would enjoy if you at least gave it a chance!". Constantly trying to drum that in probably doesn't help, which is why we needed a top guy from America to demonstrate it.

No matter who wins the title this year (RV is still a very strong favourite despite Qatar) I think most people over here just hope that this season will help to change peoples perceptions of the GPs if nothing else.

1-forty-8
3/3/2015 10:09am
jeffro503 wrote:
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly...
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly placed GIF I think I've ever seen.

But hey....I gotta admit.....I was over zealous when it came to the RV/GP thing , and if I ruffled any Euro feathers along the way....it was all in good fun. Nobody should of taken my " RV +30 sec " thread to seriously. It was made to get a rise out of people.

I know damn well that most of us....if we ever met , would bench race like crazy and swig down a bunch of cold ones.
What about the post where ya said it was pathetic that Brits root for guys that aren't British..? I ain't gonna lie Jeffro, that struck a nerve with me big time. I mean, isn't Kenny one of the most loved riders over there right now? Do you disagree with that too? Hell, ocscottie is a massive 94 fan, is that pathetic too?

Not trying to cause any shit dude, I just couldn't believe what I was reading coming from someone who i considered to be one of the good guys of this site..
jeffro503
3/3/2015 10:40am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 10:42am
jeffro503 wrote:
I read those replies and then saw this thing here that Klootzak put up after......I fell out of my chair! haha......That is like the most perfectly...

1-forty-8 wrote:
What about the post where ya said it was pathetic that Brits root for guys that aren't British..? I ain't gonna lie Jeffro, that struck a...
What about the post where ya said it was pathetic that Brits root for guys that aren't British..? I ain't gonna lie Jeffro, that struck a nerve with me big time. I mean, isn't Kenny one of the most loved riders over there right now? Do you disagree with that too? Hell, ocscottie is a massive 94 fan, is that pathetic too?

Not trying to cause any shit dude, I just couldn't believe what I was reading coming from someone who i considered to be one of the good guys of this site..
Well brother , I'm not sure exactly where I said that , but I think you may of taken it out of context. There are guys on here ( or were until they got banned ) Like MxGeoff , Mxfollower and a few others that , that specific quote was directed towards. There were a couple guys on here with their location as GBR that were rubbing it in that an Italian won ( talking about other races...not the GP this past weekend ) , or another rider from other countries then their own.

If I remember correctly.....that conversation went as the GP guys rooting for anyone and everyone from every country to go out and beat Americans. I know damn well we have shit head posters from on this side of the pond......just as you guys have shit head posters over there. When I say something like that.....it's directed towards them. NOT towards guys like you , Jamma and many others. So if I pissed you off for what I said , I apologize.....that was not my intention.

And yeah....sometimes I go over board with it all. When the shit starts to hit the fan....sometimes you gotta pick a side. And me..." being me "....have a hard time staying quite on certain things. Again though....I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.
3/3/2015 11:00am
rangot wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Bubba is the best rider to ever ride a dirt bike and he can't set up a bike to save his life. Your points are irrelevant.

When RC won the SX championship on the CR250, that might have been the worst bike/bike set up to ever win a SX championship. Did he beat me? Yes? Does that mean his bike was the best? Not at all. Being a legend on a motorcycle doesn't make you a great bike "tuner"...

If you really believe what you're writing, then, I can't really help you, bud...
Olson
3/3/2015 11:04am
rangot wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Bubba is the best rider to ever ride a dirt bike and he can't set up a bike to save his life. Your points are irrelevant...
Bubba is the best rider to ever ride a dirt bike and he can't set up a bike to save his life. Your points are irrelevant.

When RC won the SX championship on the CR250, that might have been the worst bike/bike set up to ever win a SX championship. Did he beat me? Yes? Does that mean his bike was the best? Not at all. Being a legend on a motorcycle doesn't make you a great bike "tuner"...

If you really believe what you're writing, then, I can't really help you, bud...
That might be the most humble thing I've ever heard an athlete say. But on the other hand, there's no shame in getting beat by the GOAT!
3/3/2015 11:09am
GrapeApe wrote:
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's truck talking about it and at one point, since I know how RV rides and how he sets up his bike, I told him that I thought he's was gonna struggle if he wanted to used a US-like bike there... That's all. But what do I know? I GOT IT! I NEVER WON ANYTHING, IM NOT EVEN A HAS BEEN. IM A NEVER WAS... I've heard the story...

Sometimes I wonder how Ryno gets blown by all you guys with his weird gym workouts and you call him an "American Bad Ass" when he never won a single race in the main class in his career? If I am a never was with an empty trophy room? I am wondering, what is he?

Here is my all-time SX stats (250 2 stroke & 450) for the kids that were in their dads' balls when I was winning races...

circus
3/3/2015 11:24am
I was on the MDK team with DV in 2007, and there were more than one occasion that once DV started describing how things felt, Nick Wey would then say "what he said". DV can describe what a bike is doing/isn't doing in a way that technicians can follow him. Not just the basic, "its to stiff" or "my bike isn't running good" DV will pinpoint what it is, Brent said he's hard to work for, not because hes picky, but because he just knows what will make the bike work. I always listened to him, and learned something from him because i kept my mouth shut, and my ears open.
huck
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's...
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's truck talking about it and at one point, since I know how RV rides and how he sets up his bike, I told him that I thought he's was gonna struggle if he wanted to used a US-like bike there... That's all. But what do I know? I GOT IT! I NEVER WON ANYTHING, IM NOT EVEN A HAS BEEN. IM A NEVER WAS... I've heard the story...

Sometimes I wonder how Ryno gets blown by all you guys with his weird gym workouts and you call him an "American Bad Ass" when he never won a single race in the main class in his career? If I am a never was with an empty trophy room? I am wondering, what is he?

Here is my all-time SX stats (250 2 stroke & 450) for the kids that were in their dads' balls when I was winning races...

So what should my sag be?
I'm a 40+ B rider that weighs 195 pounds.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
GrapeApe wrote:
I never walked up to him to tell him his set-up sucks. Am I a fucking idiot? I don't think so. We were all in Wey's...

Not sure if all of that was meant for me, but I'll respond nevertheless. I know you didn't just walk up to him and tell him he sucks, but you obviously did give him advice and you seem really bothered that he didn't heed it. I'm sure he took input from dozens of different sources that all had their own road map for his success. At the end of the day, he needs to go with what gives him the most confidence to win now. If he were embarking on a 5 year GP career, he may handle things differently.

There is no need to try to justify your resume. I think everyone save a few trolls understand that you had an outstanding career and were one of the best in the world. Most have a lot of respect for you, I wouldn't even justify the "neverwas" comment with a response.

Do_Work
3/3/2015 11:29am
keep in mind dungey himself said that he was absolutely lost at last years des nations regarding bike setup. AND he admitted DV was right with his early season bar and lever position.

I enjoy listening to and reading DVs opinions they are usually spot on.
3/3/2015 11:33am
huck wrote:
So what should my sag be?
I'm a 40+ B rider that weighs 195 pounds.
Depends what bike you're riding, what spring rate, what link bro... Sag is not a generic measurement that works on all bikes. Also depends on the way you ride. On the front, on the rear. depends where you sit on your bike when you turn etc...
3/3/2015 11:34am

I'm surprised you're still on here defending yourself against these keyboard jockeys.

Post a reply to: DV goes rogue

The Latest