DV goes rogue

jeffro503
3/2/2015 11:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2015 11:54pm
Juss wrote:
So let me see if I can understand this. RV has been using his set up for years. He likes it and is fast with it...
So let me see if I can understand this. RV has been using his set up for years. He likes it and is fast with it & won plenty of races & titles. We got DV (Who I respect) saying RV cant go fast in Europe, unless he changes everthing? I find that BS! So fucking what if CR didn't like the way he had it set up. How many times has he lost To CR with his bike set up? Let RV set his bike up the way he likes it. I don't think that's his problem. We have too many people in here with opinions, who don't know shit about setting a bike up.
DV stated that the tracks differ a lot compared to the AMA tracks. And he's correct.

You said " I don't think that's his problem. We have too many people in here with opinions, who don't know shit about setting a bike up.

You don't think that's his problem and then criticized everyone else ( including DV ) on giving their opinions......

So we should listen to your opinion....but not DV's , or anyone else's? See how that works?

Me personally....when DV speaks I tend to listen. Weather he's criticizing RV , or whomever else.....the dude knows his stuff. I don't care if he never won a major championship like a couple others have said.....he's won a lot and knows his shit when it comes to bike setup.
The Rock
3/3/2015 12:02am
huck wrote:

I don't see Qatar as a 'European track', nor the typical 'GP track'. It was more of a glorified night track.
kongols wrote:
But it`s prepped and built by euros. Here in Latvia you had to hand the key`s to Youthstream a week before the race and all of...
But it`s prepped and built by euros.
Here in Latvia you had to hand the key`s to Youthstream a week before the race and all of prep after that was done by YS crew.
The guys who make my sushi in Hermosa Beach are Mexican. Seriously. Doesn't matter who builds the track at Qatar it was Milestone-esque not Arco di Trento or Maggiora so I can't see how bike set up could be so critical. At that level bike set up matters big time but how demanding really was Qatar?

RV was rusty and had an off night but this will only make his battle to the front all the more impressive.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/3/2015 12:04am
See what I meant?

Thanks for proving my point keyboardwarrior.

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/3/2015 12:09am
And about the topic:

I am really looking forward to how fast RV will adapt to the different track conditions.
And if it will be really obvious to us fans what he changed in settings and in his riding style.
I mean, we are used to see RV ride his bike with his unique, aggressiv and awesome to watch riding style.
Will he be able to change this to a more GP-isch style? Or will a change in bike settings be enough to run at the front?
One thing is for sure, he will be upfront soon, no matter how.

The Shop

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/3/2015 12:27am
That's not right.
I did not write "you will be labeled BY EVERY AMERICAN...."
But, ok, maybe I should have written "you will be labeled by SOME GUYS on here...", because there are really only a few of the users on here that act like that.

The main problem on here is, that jokes or a little teasing can't be exactly aknowlegded by the reader.
It reads often the same if someone meant it to banter a little bit, or if he really is serious with it.

And come be honest, some Euros on here (not me, I usually don't let me suck into this US vs Euro stuff) predicted exactly the same stuff before Qatar, as DV did in his article. They were flamed and called Eurotards by a lot of guys on here. And some of them like RY4N37 didn't mean it as an insult or anything like that, they just stated their opinion.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/3/2015 12:50am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 12:51am
Yes I guess that sums it up pretty good.
There are for sure some differences in understanding things, and in perception of things that are said.
I think we (or most) Europeans are really aware how fast your riders are, but we won't sit there and let "our" GP riders be labeled second tier(?) riders that will be laped by anyone who rides in America. And when you hear that kind of stuff day in and day out, it is no surprise when some Euros try to defend them. And then the back and forth begins and blows up to a big battle.
That's why I normaly try to not get sucked into this stuff and just sit here at my desk and shake my head in disbelief about some guys on both sides of the pond.

AND NOT TO FORGET: Other than the British guys in here, most of us Euros are not speaking english as a native language. I for example have to use my translater on the iPhone pretty often (alone for this post about 5-6 times) when I try to post in here, because some things I want to say, I just lack the knowledge of suitable words. So there may be some language errors too in some posts, that could look a bit rude.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/3/2015 1:08am
After all we are all just some big MX fans.
And the funny thing is, I am sure 99% of us would have a great time if we meet in person somewhere at a track or a race. No matter where we are from.
Crush
3/3/2015 1:27am
kongols wrote:
No, we`re dicks, period.CoolEvil
I tried googling this for a good meme.

Don't do it.
Outsider
3/3/2015 1:43am
huck wrote:

I don't see Qatar as a 'European track', nor the typical 'GP track'. It was more of a glorified night track.
kongols wrote:
But it`s prepped and built by euros. Here in Latvia you had to hand the key`s to Youthstream a week before the race and all of...
But it`s prepped and built by euros.
Here in Latvia you had to hand the key`s to Youthstream a week before the race and all of prep after that was done by YS crew.
The Rock wrote:
The guys who make my sushi in Hermosa Beach are Mexican. Seriously. Doesn't matter who builds the track at Qatar it was Milestone-esque not Arco di...
The guys who make my sushi in Hermosa Beach are Mexican. Seriously. Doesn't matter who builds the track at Qatar it was Milestone-esque not Arco di Trento or Maggiora so I can't see how bike set up could be so critical. At that level bike set up matters big time but how demanding really was Qatar?

RV was rusty and had an off night but this will only make his battle to the front all the more impressive.
It's not who builds the track, but how the track developes that appears to be different.
philG
3/3/2015 2:25am
I have seen teams lose a whole season chasing a set up that isn't going to work,because someone thought they knew better.. and I can guess that right now there is a stand off between RV and his dad,and the guy at Kawasaki that already knew they were going to get what they got 2 months ago. none of them will be saying that no preseason races was the thing to do, but they let it happen. I will go as far as saying that Rattray won't last the season.. KRT ain't paying him to get the odd top 10
3/3/2015 2:42am
jamma10 wrote:
From the photos it might actually be a good idea if RV stuck to his US settings for Thailand and Argentina. But when they reach Europe...
From the photos it might actually be a good idea if RV stuck to his US settings for Thailand and Argentina.

But when they reach Europe he will have the rock hard, gravelly surface of Arco di Trento to set up for first, before the loamy, choppy sand of Valkenswaard the following week. Then it's back to hardpack at Talevera in Spain, followed by Matterly Basin, a track which I think he will feel most at home.
agree 100% about matterly- rv has raced there before, its an American style track. I certainly wouldn't bet against villo winning the gp at matterly basin (it will help that its not cairolis best track too)

personally cant wait till they get the gps at that side of the world out of the way and return to the proper motocross tracks in Europe. That's when the championship starts to get interesting. Just hope all the contenders are still fit by arco di Trento, then its game on!!
jamma10
3/3/2015 3:13am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 4:12am
Good thing about Vital is the ability to refer to archived posts.

The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may not specifically mention winning by 30 seconds, they're pretty indicative of a vocal minority/majority (depends on your view) of US Moto fans. (NOT ALL I should emphasise!).

You have to consider these sort of comments are written in every GP related thread on Vital, every RacerX article, Youtube or Vurbmoto video, Instagram and Twitter posts over the past what, ten years or so? On the Racer-X GP preview for example you had people saying this season would be "like clubbing seals", among other things. We know half of it is meant in jest, but we also know from the overwhelming number of them that it's not too far from peoples true beliefs either, so it's not surprising that you get the odd European like Mohammed or MXFollower who can't keep their frustration under control. But we're not American haters, or RV haters. 99.9% of us love American racing, we just don't appreciate the constant derision when all most of us just want to be able to do is come here to discuss the sport in good nature.

You're guilty of deliberately trolling this place yourself, so how do you expect people to react? I know you say you did so primarily because of people like Phil and Rob, Rob actually hardly ever posts and Phils tactic is simply to play you guys are your own game and talk up the GPs to an unbearable level. But if you were to actually engage them in a normal conversation you'll find that they would give you a perfectly friendly and educated answer back. But push their buttons or say something that is way out of line and they will come back at you with amunition of their own, the same can be said for most of us.

The truth is, to ever have a hope of ending the constant derision and disprespect shown towards the GP riders we desperately needed someone like RV to come and race them on GP tracks, instead of GP riders moving to the US which is the benchmark for most. It's a total misconception that Europeans think the GPs are superior to the Nationals, we may argue that it's a more level playing field or that if offers different challenges, but we all know how incredible the racing is in the US and how fast the top guys are. It's more that we're appealing to you lot and saying "Look, we've got a great series over here too that you would enjoy if you at least gave it a chance!". Constantly trying to drum that in probably doesn't help, which is why we needed a top guy from America to demonstrate it.

No matter who wins the title this year (RV is still a very strong favourite despite Qatar) I think most people over here just hope that this season will help to change peoples perceptions of the GPs if nothing else.

MX690
3/3/2015 3:32am
WOW after reading those posts^^^ I kinda of feel embarrassed for those guys who wrote that. It's pretty cringe worthy.
KlootZak
3/3/2015 3:54am
jamma10 wrote:
Good thing about Vital is the ability to refer to archived posts. The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may...

The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may not specifically mention winning by 30 seconds, they're pretty indicative of a vocal minority/majority (depends on your view) of US Moto fans. (NOT ALL I should emphasise!).

You have to consider these sort of comments are written in every GP related thread on Vital, every RacerX article, Youtube or Vurbmoto video, Instagram and Twitter posts over the past what, ten years or so? On the Racer-X GP preview for example you had people saying this season would be "like clubbing seals", among other things. We know half of it is meant in jest, but we also know from the overwhelming number of them that it's not too far from peoples true beliefs either, so it's not surprising that you get the odd European like Mohammed or MXFollower who can't keep their frustration under control. But we're not American haters, or RV haters. 99.9% of us love American racing, we just don't appreciate the constant derision when all most of us just want to be able to do is come here to discuss the sport in good nature.

You're guilty of deliberately trolling this place yourself, so how do you expect people to react? I know you say you did so primarily because of people like Phil and Rob, Rob actually hardly ever posts and Phils tactic is simply to play you guys are your own game and talk up the GPs to an unbearable level. But if you were to actually engage them in a normal conversation you'll find that they would give you a perfectly friendly and educated answer back. But push their buttons or say something that is way out of line and they will come back at you with amunition of their own, the same can be said for most of us.

The truth is, to ever have a hope of ending the constant derision and disprespect shown towards the GP riders we desperately needed someone like RV to come and race them on GP tracks, instead of GP riders moving to the US which is the benchmark for most. It's a total misconception that Europeans think the GPs are superior to the Nationals, we may argue that it's a more level playing field or that if offers different challenges, but we all know how incredible the racing is in the US and how fast the top guys are. It's more that we're appealing to you lot and saying "Look, we've got a great series over here too that you would enjoy if you at least gave it a chance!". Constantly trying to drum that in probably doesn't help, which is why we needed a top guy from America to demonstrate it.

No matter who wins the title this year (RV is still a very strong favourite despite Qatar) I think most people over here just hope that this season will help to change peoples perceptions of the GPs if nothing else.

As a European ...

Fraser
3/3/2015 4:53am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 4:55am
jamma10 wrote:
From the photos it might actually be a good idea if RV stuck to his US settings for Thailand and Argentina. But when they reach Europe...
From the photos it might actually be a good idea if RV stuck to his US settings for Thailand and Argentina.

But when they reach Europe he will have the rock hard, gravelly surface of Arco di Trento to set up for first, before the loamy, choppy sand of Valkenswaard the following week. Then it's back to hardpack at Talevera in Spain, followed by Matterly Basin, a track which I think he will feel most at home.
agree 100% about matterly- rv has raced there before, its an American style track. I certainly wouldn't bet against villo winning the gp at matterly basin...
agree 100% about matterly- rv has raced there before, its an American style track. I certainly wouldn't bet against villo winning the gp at matterly basin (it will help that its not cairolis best track too)

personally cant wait till they get the gps at that side of the world out of the way and return to the proper motocross tracks in Europe. That's when the championship starts to get interesting. Just hope all the contenders are still fit by arco di Trento, then its game on!!
Smile
CamP
3/3/2015 5:02am
RV will get it figured out, and he doesn't need a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks to make it happen, DV included.
downard254
3/3/2015 5:03am
jamma10 wrote:
Good thing about Vital is the ability to refer to archived posts. The screen grabs below are just taken from one thread, while this selection may...

Jamma, cool that you posted those, a little (or a lot in this case) humble pie can go a long way toward teaching some to think before they speak (or write/post). My old man always told me you can learn a lot if you keep your ears open, and your big mouth shut.

I don't feel embarrassed for them, I actually think it's funny. It seems there is a select few on both sides of the pond whose sabre rattling drown out the masses.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
3/3/2015 5:44am
Juss wrote:
So let me see if I can understand this. RV has been using his set up for years. He likes it and is fast with it...
So let me see if I can understand this. RV has been using his set up for years. He likes it and is fast with it & won plenty of races & titles. We got DV (Who I respect) saying RV cant go fast in Europe, unless he changes everthing? I find that BS! So fucking what if CR didn't like the way he had it set up. How many times has he lost To CR with his bike set up? Let RV set his bike up the way he likes it. I don't think that's his problem. We have too many people in here with opinions, who don't know shit about setting a bike up.
jeffro503 wrote:
DV stated that the tracks differ a lot compared to the AMA tracks. And he's correct. You said " [b]I don't think that's his problem. We...
DV stated that the tracks differ a lot compared to the AMA tracks. And he's correct.

You said " I don't think that's his problem. We have too many people in here with opinions, who don't know shit about setting a bike up.

You don't think that's his problem and then criticized everyone else ( including DV ) on giving their opinions......

So we should listen to your opinion....but not DV's , or anyone else's? See how that works?

Me personally....when DV speaks I tend to listen. Weather he's criticizing RV , or whomever else.....the dude knows his stuff. I don't care if he never won a major championship like a couple others have said.....he's won a lot and knows his shit when it comes to bike setup.
I totally agree Jeffro. It's funny how some hillbilly local squid know's more than a guy that never won a championship. People are so moronic.
brlatm
3/3/2015 6:03am
Man a few of those predictions really need to put away that Monster Energy juice down. I do think that shit corrupted some brain housing groups.
3/3/2015 6:37am
jamma10 wrote:

Stop talking sense and truth, Jamma. We Euro's just hate everything that's American. It's clear, we follow their series and post on a US board. So yeah, we obviously hate them! The shit that some have been throwing at the 'Mericans after RV's unsuccesful start of the GP's is all about that USA hate. It has nothing to do with the shit the GP guys where getting for years from allot of these self-proclaimed 'hardcore fans of the sport'. And it's not pathetic at all that those poor fire starters are getting a piece of their own medicine and burst into tears about how they are hated. Hell, Gibby should make a GP section so the poor victims of their own toxic behaviour are not faced with the truth anymore.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/3/2015 7:01am
So now a 6 time outdoor champ doesn't know how to setup his bike, but the guy with the worst corner form ever who said the 08 factory RMZ was junk and can't be setup is an expert?

I love this place.

Grieby54
3/3/2015 7:14am
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think RV might know how to get it done just a bit better.
tiwita
3/3/2015 7:26am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 7:27am
Grieby54 wrote:
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think...
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think RV might know how to get it done just a bit better.
What does DV's (or any other dude) trophy room have to do with his technical moto knowledge ? You may not be OK with the guy but most of the time his opinions are carried out with tangible facts/observations and not not taken from out of nowhere.
Grieby54
3/3/2015 7:33am
Grieby54 wrote:
Yea... I don't think I'd give a damn about what DV says. How many championships has he won vs how many RV has won? I think...
tiwita wrote:
What does DV's (or any other dude) trophy room have to do with his technical moto knowledge ? You may not be OK with the guy...
What does DV's (or any other dude) trophy room have to do with his technical moto knowledge ? You may not be OK with the guy but most of the time his opinions are carried out with tangible facts/observations and not not taken from out of nowhere.
Because when you're comparing his trophy room (aka ability to execute in moto) vs RV's trophy room, you'll see that RV clearly knows how to execute much better than DV. Based on RV's accomplishments, I think that what he believes to be correct carries more merit than what DV believes to be correct.
GATOR
3/3/2015 7:36am
Grieby54 wrote:
One thing's for sure: for his first GP race, RV was ranking just about where DV was in his very last farewell GP season before his retirement...
Tongue

I know, it's a stupid point... Just like yours.
rangot
3/3/2015 7:39am
Clearly, DV has a pretty sharp eye for what goes on on a track. And, he also happens to be one of the great in this sport, having won both side of the pond. Having said that, i would consider what he has to say...

Post a reply to: DV goes rogue

The Latest