DNA wheel experience

5/18/2018 7:35am
Dont order anything from DNA wheels, if you have a problem and need to return them, they get mad at you and wont take them back. I ordered a set of wheels for a 2006 RMZ 250. They sent me wheels for a 2006 Rmz 450, saying they take the same wheels. But everyone in mx knows the chassis of an 06 Rmz 250 is really Kawasaki, including the wheels. When i told them this, a lady screamed at me on the phone saying it was my fault because i should have told them it took Kawasaki wheels. I was shocked at how their manager screamed at me on the phone accusing me of lying, and refusing to take them back, when its clearly their fault for not having a complete listing on their wheel fitment. I recommend staying away from DNA
|
Sixeightone
5/18/2018 7:46am
DNA Is by far the worst vendor I've had to deal with. Their customer service is by far non existing. I cringe every time I have to call them. Last time I called I threatened to burn their building down, and asked for the owner. My problem was not resolved and nobody ever called me back. I couldn't wish enough hurtful things to the company they are absolutely awful.
JBecker 72
5/18/2018 7:49am
Sucks man. Just for future reference, Dubya and Faster USA are awesome to deal with. Those two are my go to for wheels.
mxb2
5/18/2018 7:55am
Get what ya pay for, buy junk get junk. Including service. KSR wheels, great product and service.
Preston412
5/18/2018 8:01am
JBecker 72 wrote:
Sucks man. Just for future reference, Dubya and Faster USA are awesome to deal with. Those two are my go to for wheels.
Dubya sucks ass, they would not warranty their hub because they said they no longer made it, complete bullsh!t, it was 6 months old.

The Shop

5/18/2018 8:31am
Preston412 wrote:
Dubya sucks ass, they would not warranty their hub because they said they no longer made it, complete bullsh!t, it was 6 months old.
I’ve also had bad experience with Dubya. I understand they don’t manufacture the excel Takasago wheel set, but you think they would stand behind the durability of it. My second ride on my $1400 wheel set I taco’d the front rim. I was looking for at least a discount on another rim but had to pay full price.
5/18/2018 8:42am
Preston412 wrote:
I’ve also had bad experience with Dubya. I understand they don’t manufacture the excel Takasago wheel set, but you think they would stand behind the durability...
I’ve also had bad experience with Dubya. I understand they don’t manufacture the excel Takasago wheel set, but you think they would stand behind the durability of it. My second ride on my $1400 wheel set I taco’d the front rim. I was looking for at least a discount on another rim but had to pay full price.
Hmm. I emailed once asking if they would be having a "spring clearance scratch/dent" like they sometimes do because I was looking for a KXF wheelset for my KX. She said no. She emailed me back two weeks later and asked what color hubs I was looking for. I told her normal Talon hubs in Mag, she told me they had a scratched set. Got the wheelset with Excel's for $500 shipped. No way I could ever complain about them after that.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/18/2018 9:00am
What I learned from this thread...

Threatening to burn down the building will not help resolve your customer service issue.

Wheelsets should last forever, but if you destroy something, you should expect a discount. (I'm going to try that one on the next car I crash).

Wink
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/18/2018 9:06am
Faster USA for all my wheel needs. GREAT people, outstanding customer service and so far their hubs have been BULLETPROOF !

Dubya is a wheel assembler and they do a good job and I haven’t heard any bad feedback (until I read this thread), but they sell products, they don’t “manufacture” anything.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
5/18/2018 9:15am
langhammx wrote:
Faster USA for all my wheel needs. GREAT people, outstanding customer service and so far their hubs have been BULLETPROOF ! Dubya is a wheel assembler...
Faster USA for all my wheel needs. GREAT people, outstanding customer service and so far their hubs have been BULLETPROOF !

Dubya is a wheel assembler and they do a good job and I haven’t heard any bad feedback (until I read this thread), but they sell products, they don’t “manufacture” anything.
^^^^^
Preston412
5/18/2018 9:20am
Preston412 wrote:
I’ve also had bad experience with Dubya. I understand they don’t manufacture the excel Takasago wheel set, but you think they would stand behind the durability...
Hmm. I emailed once asking if they would be having a "spring clearance scratch/dent" like they sometimes do because I was looking for a KXF wheelset...
Hmm. I emailed once asking if they would be having a "spring clearance scratch/dent" like they sometimes do because I was looking for a KXF wheelset for my KX. She said no. She emailed me back two weeks later and asked what color hubs I was looking for. I told her normal Talon hubs in Mag, she told me they had a scratched set. Got the wheelset with Excel's for $500 shipped. No way I could ever complain about them after that.
The bearings in my hub came apart after 6 months of use and all I asked was to warranty hub and they said no, it is a discontinued product. Ok,I aksed them to send me the new hub that replaced it and I will do the swap myself, no, it has no warranty anymore was their answer.
I don't argue with companys about their policies and the way they want to do business, I just don't buy their product any more.

aFACE, of course they will call you to get your money, lucky for you, you don't need them to warranty any thing.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
5/18/2018 9:23am
A used bike I purchased had DNA wheels. I had to tighten the spokes each time I rode, the rears finally set but the fronts didn't.

No problems other than that. The anno on them did not fade at all (red hub/black rim).
Preston412
5/18/2018 9:24am
langhammx wrote:
Faster USA for all my wheel needs. GREAT people, outstanding customer service and so far their hubs have been BULLETPROOF ! Dubya is a wheel assembler...

seth505 wrote:
^^^^^
The hubs I bought from Dubya were Dubya hubs and that is what they were labeled as regardless of who manufactured them.
SURFGLOBE
5/18/2018 9:26am
GuyB wrote:
What I learned from this thread... Threatening to burn down the building will not help resolve your customer service issue. Wheelsets should last forever, but if...
What I learned from this thread...

Threatening to burn down the building will not help resolve your customer service issue.

Wheelsets should last forever, but if you destroy something, you should expect a discount. (I'm going to try that one on the next car I crash).

Wink
How often do you crash cars?Laughing
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/18/2018 9:59am
SURFGLOBE wrote:
How often do you crash cars?Laughing
Fortunately, pretty infrequently. But I guess that could apply to cars, trucks, drones, bikes... Wink
MelonFan123
5/18/2018 10:42am
langhammx wrote:

seth505 wrote:
^^^^^
X3

I have no issues with Dubya as they sell quality products. But it has been my pet peeve for years how they are always referred to as a wheel company when 90% of what they sell is other people's stuff. They're a retailer/distributor, plain and simple.

I believe they now have their own "brand" of private labeled hubs but still not manufactured by them.
5/18/2018 11:10am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 11:11am
Preston412 wrote:
The bearings in my hub came apart after 6 months of use and all I asked was to warranty hub and they said no, it is...
The bearings in my hub came apart after 6 months of use and all I asked was to warranty hub and they said no, it is a discontinued product. Ok,I aksed them to send me the new hub that replaced it and I will do the swap myself, no, it has no warranty anymore was their answer.
I don't argue with companys about their policies and the way they want to do business, I just don't buy their product any more.

aFACE, of course they will call you to get your money, lucky for you, you don't need them to warranty any thing.
I learned a long time ago not to go after warranties unless a company advertises it with pride (like 41 Thermal products from Odyssey BMX). Even then it's still hard. You have to have a reputable person at a shop who deals with the distro to vouch for you.

From your explanation it sounds like you needed new bearings and not a new hub. I wouldn't warranty the hub either. The shock linkage bearing on my KX 250 goes out every 6 months. I don't call KYB asking for a new shock, I replace the bearing.
Hallzilla
5/18/2018 12:20pm
This post me laugh. So you purchase Chinese junk, that crooks sell. and want them to feel sorry for you, and take care of you This is awesome.
5/18/2018 1:03pm
Hallzilla wrote:
This post me laugh. So you purchase Chinese junk, that crooks sell. and want them to feel sorry for you, and take care of you This...
This post me laugh. So you purchase Chinese junk, that crooks sell. and want them to feel sorry for you, and take care of you This is awesome.
Regardless of the quality of the product, if it doesn't fit your bike and it's still brand new, they should at least offer an exchange.

There's always two sides to a story though, there may be another reason why they refused to help...
303MX
5/18/2018 1:05pm
I highly reccomend Faster USA, too.

Great customer service and spent the time to ask relevant questions that would help them get you the right wheel set that you want/need.
aedwards07
5/18/2018 1:26pm
Faster USA here too. Collin was awesome to deal with. They mfg all their own hubs in house so he is also very knowledgeable.
boybuc
5/18/2018 1:57pm
Faster USA is the way to go

Post a reply to: DNA wheel experience

The Latest