DD/Alex Martin-Eleven10 Mods

JBlain619
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:27pm
Its been said on here many times that if DD was on this or that factory team he would be winning. He has actually tested a couple of different bikes and been offered rides, from what I understand, but keeps coming back to his Eleven10 Honda per his choice. Then this past weekend at one point, it looked like there was a possibility to have both bikes inside the top 10, and also a career day for Alex Martin. I understand its Alex's track, but you don't luck into a top 5 overall.

It obvious that these guys are doing well on their bikes with little or no funding. I don't understand why everyones so hell bent on these riders going to another team. It would be good for the sport for Eleven10 to get some additional backing and to continue to race vs. them, losing their riders to "factory teams." The bikes have killer motors, imagine if they had the funding to have works suspension. PR2 does an excellent job don't get me wrong, but its not the same as works stuff. Think of it as a stimulous to the growth of our sport. Eleven10 gets backing, jobs are created. Its a win, win for everyone.

FMF has their new energy drink. Eleven10 runs FMF stuff.

Team FMF Energy/Eleven10 Mods....Seems like a good fit to me.

How about it Lil D!?!
|
JW381
7/20/2011 1:26pm
JBlain619 wrote:
Its been said on here many times that if DD was on this or that factory team he would be winning. He has actually tested a...
Its been said on here many times that if DD was on this or that factory team he would be winning. He has actually tested a couple of different bikes and been offered rides, from what I understand, but keeps coming back to his Eleven10 Honda per his choice. Then this past weekend at one point, it looked like there was a possibility to have both bikes inside the top 10, and also a career day for Alex Martin. I understand its Alex's track, but you don't luck into a top 5 overall.

It obvious that these guys are doing well on their bikes with little or no funding. I don't understand why everyones so hell bent on these riders going to another team. It would be good for the sport for Eleven10 to get some additional backing and to continue to race vs. them, losing their riders to "factory teams." The bikes have killer motors, imagine if they had the funding to have works suspension. PR2 does an excellent job don't get me wrong, but its not the same as works stuff. Think of it as a stimulous to the growth of our sport. Eleven10 gets backing, jobs are created. Its a win, win for everyone.

How about it Lil D!?!
Hadn't really thought of it, but good point. I knew the eleven10 mods bikes were good motors, but I'm sure they're nothing like the top level bikes. But nonetheless, he is riding really well on it, and his wrench even said he's picky and doesn't like new things. I'll support the fuck out of whatever team lets him rail that 125 for a moto or in practice or anything!
Kryan5
7/20/2011 1:36pm
I agree with everything you said and they are doing exceptionally well which makes for a perfect "fairy tale" story. The only problem is, lets face it, the career of an mx'r is not that long and they need to be making as much money per their ability as quickly as possible because in 7-10 years there career is probably over. I know we all want to beleive its not about the money, but homes, cars, children, life are expensive. If you don't want to pretty much start from scratch at age 30 realistically that has to be a factor in their decision.
Highsider
7/20/2011 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2011 1:59pm
Alex has had a pretty good Outdoor season, so far.
Go Alex!

Oh, and so has Darryn.
mxb2
7/20/2011 1:47pm
JBlain619 wrote:
Its been said on here many times that if DD was on this or that factory team he would be winning. He has actually tested a...

How about it Lil D!?!
good points JB!,$$$$$$$$$ rules the world, hard to compete at that level with limited funds!

The Shop

7/20/2011 1:50pm
Exactly bikes are working well why does he need a new team ?? I guess the $$$ in his pocket would be good and a bigger team would bring that. Everyone wanted Kyle Regal on better bigger team and where is he ????? I miss him outdoors
njracer46
7/20/2011 1:50pm
Dd is def impressing me this year. Martin had an awesome ride this week. I've had a couple things done by them before and I'm defiantly impressed. Always awesome to see a local shop doing good in the pro nationals.. there shop is probably getting more business then ever right now
JBlain619
7/20/2011 2:09pm
Kryan5 wrote:
I agree with everything you said and they are doing exceptionally well which makes for a perfect "fairy tale" story. The only problem is, lets face...
I agree with everything you said and they are doing exceptionally well which makes for a perfect "fairy tale" story. The only problem is, lets face it, the career of an mx'r is not that long and they need to be making as much money per their ability as quickly as possible because in 7-10 years there career is probably over. I know we all want to beleive its not about the money, but homes, cars, children, life are expensive. If you don't want to pretty much start from scratch at age 30 realistically that has to be a factor in their decision.
Thus the need for funding. He could pay riders a salary at that point.
JBlain619
7/20/2011 2:12pm
526 wrote:
Exactly bikes are working well why does he need a new team ?? I guess the $$$ in his pocket would be good and a bigger...
Exactly bikes are working well why does he need a new team ?? I guess the $$$ in his pocket would be good and a bigger team would bring that. Everyone wanted Kyle Regal on better bigger team and where is he ????? I miss him outdoors
Imagine what Regal couldve done on an Eleven10 Honda 450!!! Lil D should've given the money he gave 377 to Eleven10!
Kawirider
7/20/2011 2:14pm
I think the team has gotten noticed and will get more support next year, I remember reading somewhere that eleven 10 has got over like 400 motors ship in since the outdoors has started.
Highsider
7/20/2011 3:01pm
Kawirider wrote:
I think the team has gotten noticed and will get more support next year, I remember reading somewhere that eleven 10 has got over like 400...
I think the team has gotten noticed and will get more support next year, I remember reading somewhere that eleven 10 has got over like 400 motors ship in since the outdoors has started.
I would think that would create one heck of a bottle-neck, trying to prep the Team engines and all the new business.
I truly wish them success!
lumpy790
7/20/2011 3:39pm
All of the 11-10 mods riders have been impressive this year. While its the teams first year its not their fist year building motors for the big show.
dilligaf
7/21/2011 12:06am
JBlain619 wrote:

How about it Lil D!?!
I help the Eleven 10 mods team and wanted to help clear up a few things...

With little or no funding is a major understatement! They travel carpool "style" as a team in the flat black box van doing what some have started calling the "E10 punk rock tour 2011". They get so much packed in the box van it would blow the mind of many professional movers. They sacrifice in many areas except one... the race bikes are over the top with everything a top rider needs to run up front (engine package, full ti/alum bolts, custom brembo brake set ups, carbon, etc). For all the people who keep saying they have slow bikes or need better equipment please tell everyone what area are they lacking? Yes a nice semi would be great to race out of sure! However on a VERY limited budget what would any serious racer want, a nice semi with a 20th place bike or a box van with a bike that he knows can get him to the 1st corner in the top 3????

Now to the reality of this season... even with the perfect "fairy tale" story they seem to be having this year, there seems to be no money out there for them! Then add to it team owner Chad Sanner does NOT want to hold his good friend and rider back. He knows DD has MANY offers for 2012 and is ok with him testing other teams bikes for NEXT season. How many team owners would let this happen in the middle of the season? People hear DD rode this bike or that bike and rumors are the truth in 24 hrs it seems... Try to land a sponsor for the balance of the season with this going on.

Look for Alex Martin to put in a few more awesome races like he did last weekend.

The team is very close to the goal of putting 2 riders in the top 10 and showing everyone they are a serious race effort and 2011 is just the start.
Switch
7/21/2011 4:15am
I would like to see them get some good backing and for DD to stay with them. I think he is their best shot at putting a bike on the top step next year unless silly season leaves a few riders without a ride. And his dad is PR2, so I'm sure he knows how to set up Darryn's suspension after all this time.
JBlain619
7/21/2011 5:24am
dilligaf wrote:
I help the Eleven 10 mods team and wanted to help clear up a few things... With little or no funding is a major understatement! They...
I help the Eleven 10 mods team and wanted to help clear up a few things...

With little or no funding is a major understatement! They travel carpool "style" as a team in the flat black box van doing what some have started calling the "E10 punk rock tour 2011". They get so much packed in the box van it would blow the mind of many professional movers. They sacrifice in many areas except one... the race bikes are over the top with everything a top rider needs to run up front (engine package, full ti/alum bolts, custom brembo brake set ups, carbon, etc). For all the people who keep saying they have slow bikes or need better equipment please tell everyone what area are they lacking? Yes a nice semi would be great to race out of sure! However on a VERY limited budget what would any serious racer want, a nice semi with a 20th place bike or a box van with a bike that he knows can get him to the 1st corner in the top 3????

Now to the reality of this season... even with the perfect "fairy tale" story they seem to be having this year, there seems to be no money out there for them! Then add to it team owner Chad Sanner does NOT want to hold his good friend and rider back. He knows DD has MANY offers for 2012 and is ok with him testing other teams bikes for NEXT season. How many team owners would let this happen in the middle of the season? People hear DD rode this bike or that bike and rumors are the truth in 24 hrs it seems... Try to land a sponsor for the balance of the season with this going on.

Look for Alex Martin to put in a few more awesome races like he did last weekend.

The team is very close to the goal of putting 2 riders in the top 10 and showing everyone they are a serious race effort and 2011 is just the start.
Awesome post! Those bikes are baddass!
msp138
7/21/2011 5:37am
I think that the Eleven 10 mods team will get more support, but why can't we just look at it like a step up team. They will continue to get good riders when other riders see guys like DD kicking ass on it. That could be a good thing! How many teams are in the 250 class that do well with no backing? How many fast riders that don't have any support in the 250 class. They can give fast riders an chance to show their skills on a fast ass bike. Then ship them out to the factory boys. just an opinion.
OldYZRider1
7/21/2011 5:42am
Need more teams like them; private teams capable of building up factory offerings to highly competitive levels. Get the OEM's out of primary sponsorship and into more of a support role, IMHO.
-eagle-
7/21/2011 6:17am
Good thread.
Would eleven/10 have a better shot at more support on another bike?
I would imagine trickle down is next to impossible with Geico and TLD already in the class.
Looks like to me the only guys getting more exposure are: 15,28,57,25,35,17,19.
Impressive considering there are roughly 20 rides in that class.
msp138
7/21/2011 6:30am
-eagle- wrote:
Good thread. Would eleven/10 have a better shot at more support on another bike? I would imagine trickle down is next to impossible with Geico and...
Good thread.
Would eleven/10 have a better shot at more support on another bike?
I would imagine trickle down is next to impossible with Geico and TLD already in the class.
Looks like to me the only guys getting more exposure are: 15,28,57,25,35,17,19.
Impressive considering there are roughly 20 rides in that class.
Yeah good point! What If they could figure out how to make the Suzuki a rocket? Could have a chance to make a run for the factory backed team? No offense to Rockstar Suzuki but their results just are not as they could be there this year.
7/21/2011 8:11am
Kryan5 wrote:
I agree with everything you said and they are doing exceptionally well which makes for a perfect "fairy tale" story. The only problem is, lets face...
JBlain619 wrote:
Thus the need for funding. He could pay riders a salary at that point.
im pretty sure they are getting paid performance bonuses.
dilligaf
7/21/2011 9:34am
Performance bonuses from who? The riders get a small amount from some personal sponsors (gear, Helmet etc) but other than that they on on what many old people call a "fixed income"! LOL
DL
7/21/2011 9:38am
dilligaf wrote:
Performance bonuses from who? The riders get a small amount from some personal sponsors (gear, Helmet etc) but other than that they on on what many...
Performance bonuses from who? The riders get a small amount from some personal sponsors (gear, Helmet etc) but other than that they on on what many old people call a "fixed income"! LOL
Hey, aren't you supposed to be on the dyno this morning?
mxb2
7/21/2011 9:41am
dilligaf wrote:
Performance bonuses from who? The riders get a small amount from some personal sponsors (gear, Helmet etc) but other than that they on on what many...
Contingency? or track winnings, might not be much, but every bit helps!
dilligaf
7/21/2011 9:42am
dilligaf wrote:
DL wrote:
Hey, aren't you supposed to be on the dyno this morning?
DL

Yes I am supposed to be on the dyno that seems to be the place I live at most of the time these days! Wink
mxb2
7/21/2011 9:46am
scooterB wrote:
found this cool durham video [embed] https://youtu.be/ifNM-_rN-iU [/embed]
found this cool durham video

I know a few dude that ride there!
makita124
7/21/2011 10:39am
Need more teams like them; private teams capable of building up factory offerings to highly competitive levels. Get the OEM's out of primary sponsorship and into...
Need more teams like them; private teams capable of building up factory offerings to highly competitive levels. Get the OEM's out of primary sponsorship and into more of a support role, IMHO.
Lots of guys who deserve sponsorship money to promote their teams. If anything, someone should start a team with the MB1 Tokyo Mods guys. I think they are the only guys in the Industry who have worked at the factory level for so long and have a business to promote their racing products.

Post a reply to: DD/Alex Martin-Eleven10 Mods

The Latest