DC Interview With Matthes

motomike137
Just got a chance to listen and I am SO impressed and encouraged! Exciting times ahead for the sport imho. Thank you DC and MXSports and I never thought I would type this but thank you David Luongo and Youthstream! I will be at both races supporting the Red White and Blue and also cheering for all the riders from other countries. Two of my very very favorite memories as a spectator are the 79 250 USGP and the 87 Des Nations and I am looking forward to similar experiences in the near future Smile
|
ehr400
3/15/2017 10:48am
I know Tom from monster mountain is a huge GP fan. We have bench raced before. I would love to see Monster get the GP, I think it would be a track no one has experience on a pro level of riding.
JRT812
3/15/2017 10:59am
My biggest take away was more confirmation on why Roger "Is The Man"

The Shop

TXDirt
3/15/2017 11:32am
MX Sports and MXGP have a common enemy and that is US SX series. I believe this threatens MX Sports more then MXGP obviously.

I believe this partnership is a way for MX Sports to try and stay ahead, or at the least, try and find a partner to help wage the fight against the expansion of US SX.

I believe that heads up, and expanded US SX series would take away from MX Sports MX series. But a combined US MX/MXGP series would be a very formidable foe to the expansion efforts of US SX.
slowgti
3/15/2017 11:48am
TXDirt wrote:
MX Sports and MXGP have a common enemy and that is US SX series. I believe this threatens MX Sports more then MXGP obviously. I believe...
MX Sports and MXGP have a common enemy and that is US SX series. I believe this threatens MX Sports more then MXGP obviously.

I believe this partnership is a way for MX Sports to try and stay ahead, or at the least, try and find a partner to help wage the fight against the expansion of US SX.

I believe that heads up, and expanded US SX series would take away from MX Sports MX series. But a combined US MX/MXGP series would be a very formidable foe to the expansion efforts of US SX.
That's what I was thinking listening to the interview. Partner up with the other FIM series and try to out maneuver the SX expansion.
Ted722
3/15/2017 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 12:13pm
"Expanded" schedule can come in many forms. Not sure why'd they want to have more USGP's start right after the Supercross series. I'm a little green in that area. Either way, the agreement's good. Keep your friends close, your...Smile

Interesting article:
“We received an email explaining the situation between AMA Pro Racing and the MXGP people,” Shaver said. “AMA Pro Racing was having pressure put on them to have more MXGP races immediately following the Supercross season which concludes on May 6. That result would have played havoc on the Lucas Oil Motocross season. We are pleased with the new agreement that things will carry on as normal and our schedule will not be affected.”

http://www.journalreview.com/sports/article_323e3026-091a-11e7-9645-0f6…
rrjr
3/15/2017 12:29pm
I'm not hating on Mr. Coombs nor do I know him personally. I think what he's attempting to do with Loungo is a good thing for the sport. But am I the only one who thought he might have had a few adult beverages before or during the phone call?

Go ahead and call me an ass or dipshit or whatever. I know it's coming and I can take it.Wink
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
3/15/2017 12:58pm
JRT812 wrote:
I thought this exactly. This line from DC of Roger basically saying "Youthstream, call MX Sports... DC, pick up the phone" was classic and just shows how much influence he has on the sport. Roger DeCoster is to MX as Arnold Palmer was to golf.
rrjr
3/15/2017 2:25pm
Labor day weekend. Southeast. Possibly Gatorback I guess? Hmm.
A race in the infield of the Daytona Super Speedway would be pretty cool.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/15/2017 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 2:38pm
Labor day weekend. Southeast. Possibly Gatorback I guess? Hmm.
rrjr wrote:
A race in the infield of the Daytona Super Speedway would be pretty cool.
Or northwest of there. Real motocross.

sbarrington is not a bad guesser.
JRT812
3/15/2017 3:48pm
JRT812 wrote:
NV825 wrote:
I thought this exactly. This line from DC of Roger basically saying "Youthstream, call MX Sports... DC, pick up the phone" was classic and just shows...
I thought this exactly. This line from DC of Roger basically saying "Youthstream, call MX Sports... DC, pick up the phone" was classic and just shows how much influence he has on the sport. Roger DeCoster is to MX as Arnold Palmer was to golf.
Good comparison
DonM
3/15/2017 4:39pm
Can't wait for the Gatorback MXGP!!!.......
crossrut
3/15/2017 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 5:46pm
will roger influence the American riders to race
DonM
3/15/2017 5:55pm
crossrut wrote:
Won't be just Roger if the industry gets behind it...
crossrut
3/15/2017 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 6:08pm
crossrut wrote:
DonM wrote:
Won't be just Roger if the industry gets behind it...
The the industry have the funds to pay the bonus contingency and expenses for one race on the other side of the country? Budgets are done and contracts written...tough sell...and what about ticket prices?
aeffertz
3/15/2017 6:19pm
rrjr wrote:
I'm not hating on Mr. Coombs nor do I know him personally. I think what he's attempting to do with Loungo is a good thing for...
I'm not hating on Mr. Coombs nor do I know him personally. I think what he's attempting to do with Loungo is a good thing for the sport. But am I the only one who thought he might have had a few adult beverages before or during the phone call?

Go ahead and call me an ass or dipshit or whatever. I know it's coming and I can take it.Wink
I also got the same vibe. Made for a good listen, though. Dude's obviously having fun and he's earned it.

"I don't have a boat in this conversation" Grinning
jeffro503
3/15/2017 8:10pm
TXDirt wrote:
MX Sports and MXGP have a common enemy and that is US SX series. I believe this threatens MX Sports more then MXGP obviously. I believe...

slowgti wrote:
That's what I was thinking listening to the interview. Partner up with the other FIM series and try to out maneuver the SX expansion.
I like this. I like the whole idea of this. Fight the evil green claw / indoor SX ! Bring on the god damned outdoors....and I don't care where they race!
EddieC
3/15/2017 9:51pm
TXDirt wrote:

slowgti wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I like this. I like the whole idea of this. Fight the evil green claw / indoor SX ! Bring on the god damned outdoors....and I...
I like this. I like the whole idea of this. Fight the evil green claw / indoor SX ! Bring on the god damned outdoors....and I don't care where they race!
Doesn't Monster already sponsor the MXGP series? Doesn't the FIM have a hand in SX? This is a very interesting partnership, it would be like Steve Jobs partnering up with Bill Gates, gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out.
Crush
3/15/2017 10:26pm
JRT812 wrote:
Right? Like he fucking says, "hey, sort your shit out" and two of the most powerful people in moto promptly get it together.

It's good news though, stoked they've sorted it. Great for the southeast too if it works.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/15/2017 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 11:12pm
crossrut wrote:
Will Rogers is still alive? Are you able to confirm or deny that Elvis is still alive? Or, if you told me, would you have to kill me? I still probably want to know anyways!

Post a reply to: DC Interview With Matthes

The Latest