DC Calls out Mcreed aka Gatedrop in Racerhead

DonM
From Racerhead
"The words put in Matthes' mouth led Youthstream's Giuseppe Luongo to offer a firm rebuke on the same site that misquoted Matthes, Gatedrop.com. (Remember the Ken Roczen misquotes from last year?)"

From Matthes
It’s just unfortunate that GateDrop continues with it's stellar reporting by trolling U.S. sites and cherry-picking comments that it can bend to it's agenda."
|
DonM
8/11/2017 4:28pm
That guy has been taking excerpts out of interviews of others and using them out of context to fuel the GP vs US fire so people will click his site that has no original content....Just ask Roczen what he thinks of the guy...

The Shop

ATKpilot99
8/11/2017 4:46pm
I don't even know why they would bother responding to a piss ant like mccread. He really is irrelevant .
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
8/11/2017 5:31pm
Go honda! I wonder if we are going to be saying what happened to KTM soon?
slowgti
8/25/2017 7:11pm
Like my buddy says 'That guy ain't worth a squirt of piss if he was on fire'
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/25/2017 7:17pm
slowgti wrote:
Oxygen thief
DonM
8/25/2017 7:45pm
slowgti wrote:
early wrote:
Oxygen thief
Yep.....Sad thing is he doesn't think he's wrong...
DonM
8/25/2017 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 7:53pm
Of course he says he's good with DC and that Matthes is wrong...He PM'd me after I called him out the other day to try and defend himself...bottom line is he has no original content and tries to stir things up by posting excerpts from other articles/interviews to fuel his us vs them agenda...I about spit my lunch out when he tried to defend it...
Sodipop
8/25/2017 8:58pm
Is Matthes supposed to be some kind of victim? He doesn't speak positively about the GPs
DonM
8/25/2017 9:20pm
Sodipop wrote:
Is Matthes supposed to be some kind of victim? He doesn't speak positively about the GPs
Really?? give us an example....He may not be a fan of Luongo but he has always respected the GP's and their riders...The only victim here is the sport...but if you want to cozy up to mcraed and Geoff go ahead...y'all make a great threesome...
Sodipop
8/26/2017 12:44am
Sodipop wrote:
DonM wrote:
Really?? give us an example....He may not be a fan of Luongo but he has always respected the GP's and their riders...The only victim here is...
Really?? give us an example....He may not be a fan of Luongo but he has always respected the GP's and their riders...The only victim here is the sport...but if you want to cozy up to mcraed and Geoff go ahead...y'all make a great threesome...
Relax. I just don't see the need to defend either side. You say that mxgp has Geoff as a mouthpeace.... the owner of mx sports owns the biggest media outlet in the sport
RG1
8/26/2017 1:55am
Sodipop wrote:
Matthes goes to GP's, follows the racing and respects the riders. The only times I have heard him say bad things about GP's are to do with Luongo, which, let's be fair, we have all done at some point or another. I don't agree with everything he says regarding MXdN, but I understand where he is coming from.
Crush
8/26/2017 4:51am
McCread is just angling for MXGeoffs job, who has the brownest nose?
mccread
8/26/2017 6:29am
DonM wrote:
From Racerhead "The words put in Matthes' mouth led Youthstream's Giuseppe Luongo to offer a firm rebuke on the same site that misquoted Matthes, Gatedrop.com. (Remember...
From Racerhead
"The words put in Matthes' mouth led Youthstream's Giuseppe Luongo to offer a firm rebuke on the same site that misquoted Matthes, Gatedrop.com. (Remember the Ken Roczen misquotes from last year?)"

From Matthes
It’s just unfortunate that GateDrop continues with it's stellar reporting by trolling U.S. sites and cherry-picking comments that it can bend to it's agenda."
Neither of those sentences are true. It wasn't a misquote go listen to the podcast...and I just gave the organiser of the event a right to reply to allegations from the US media that YS were moving the race back on purpose - which GL deserved and btw, he denied the allegations.

It was Steve who had the agenda of saying YS were moving the race back to hinder the USA.

But you believe what you want...

And for the record, I like Steve and Davey - they both do a great job. And I love AMA SX/MX racing - I watch every race.

But different views are allowed and GL is allowed his opinion too. It shouldn't just be the US view getting media coverage, that is unfair.

Crush
8/26/2017 6:53am
DonM wrote:
From Racerhead "The words put in Matthes' mouth led Youthstream's Giuseppe Luongo to offer a firm rebuke on the same site that misquoted Matthes, Gatedrop.com. (Remember...
From Racerhead

From Matthes
mccread wrote:
Neither of those sentences are true. It wasn't a misquote go listen to the podcast...and I just gave the organiser of the event a right to...
Neither of those sentences are true. It wasn't a misquote go listen to the podcast...and I just gave the organiser of the event a right to reply to allegations from the US media that YS were moving the race back on purpose - which GL deserved and btw, he denied the allegations.

It was Steve who had the agenda of saying YS were moving the race back to hinder the USA.

But you believe what you want...

And for the record, I like Steve and Davey - they both do a great job. And I love AMA SX/MX racing - I watch every race.

But different views are allowed and GL is allowed his opinion too. It shouldn't just be the US view getting media coverage, that is unfair.

You should have another listen to what Matthes actually said.

Absolute dates don't mean shyte. It's relative.
8/26/2017 6:56am
Whatdrop??? I've never even really heard of this site, and I'm a pretty moto content obsessed human being
pmcc
8/26/2017 7:31am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:40am

There is the audio of what matthes said. Listen for yourself see if it was a missquote. And below is what mccread wrote on gatedrop.com for comparison

Steve Matthes, well respected journalist of Pulp MX and Racer X, said in a recent Racer X race review podcast that: “This event keeps getting pushed further and further back to basically screw team USA a little bit.”

Sounds like word for word quote to me
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
8/26/2017 7:49am

Post a reply to: DC Calls out Mcreed aka Gatedrop in Racerhead

The Latest