DC... 9 minutes ?

8tensolutions
5/28/2022 8:21pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Yeah i paid to watch motos ASAP at my leisure. You know like after having to work for 12 frickin hours today!! Been home 4 hours...
Yeah i paid to watch motos ASAP at my leisure. You know like after having to work for 12 frickin hours today!! Been home 4 hours and still cant view the content that I paid up front for. NBCGOLD put this shit to shame!!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This is great, but only the second motos. Better than nothing I guess
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/28/2022 8:27pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Yeah i paid to watch motos ASAP at my leisure. You know like after having to work for 12 frickin hours today!! Been home 4 hours...
Yeah i paid to watch motos ASAP at my leisure. You know like after having to work for 12 frickin hours today!! Been home 4 hours and still cant view the content that I paid up front for. NBCGOLD put this shit to shame!!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The broadcast is over 4 hours long.

250 moto one is around the 28 minute mark.
ctbale
5/28/2022 8:42pm
FlaNard wrote:
I hate this for DC. Dude is as moto as they come and you know he wants better than this. Absolute train wreck of a first...
I hate this for DC. Dude is as moto as they come and you know he wants better than this. Absolute train wreck of a first round.
DC had to have known there was going to be backlash. Looks like he sold out for the cash
ctbale
5/28/2022 8:46pm
MAVTV's website

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mavtvplus.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
To get Chrome’s highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection
This server could not prove that it is mavtvplus.com; its security certificate is from *.sucuri.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to mavtvplus.com (unsafe)

The Shop

8tensolutions
5/28/2022 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2022 8:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The broadcast is over 4 hours long.

250 moto one is around the 28 minute mark.
Maybe it was, but now it's two hours and only second motos.
aeffertz
5/28/2022 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2022 8:56pm
Is the on demand stream different than the live stream? I just watched all 4 motos with zero commercials, outside of the in and out segments before cutting to cable commercials. Felt no different than the peacock service last Summer, though I did see comments saying that the live stream was janky.
8tensolutions
5/28/2022 8:58pm
aeffertz wrote:
Is the on demand stream different than the live stream? I just watched all 4 motos with zero commercials, outside of the in and out segments...
Is the on demand stream different than the live stream? I just watched all 4 motos with zero commercials, outside of the in and out segments before cutting to cable commercials. Felt no different than the peacock service last Summer, though I did see comments saying that the live stream was janky.
Where did you watch this?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/28/2022 8:58pm
I just checked and scrolled through the replay again. All 4 motos are still there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8tensolutions
5/28/2022 9:00pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I just checked and scrolled through the replay again. All 4 motos are still there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man, I don't know. I am looking at the same link.
DerickYZ
5/28/2022 9:07pm
MavTV is a fucking joke. The replays are Ad free but the live feed has a fuck load of Ad’s? Absolutely insane. NBCSports was better imho, but of course we have to always settle for less.
Mossy940
5/28/2022 9:12pm
Assuming the commercials really were not supposed to be there and next week we don’t see any, we still have to have a discussion about those fucking segments in the middle of the race.

Let me be clear - I love seeing the history of Honda’s guys…..BUT NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING MOTO OF OUTDOORS.

“Look here we’ve got Sexton breathing down Roczens neck, and we’ll be right back”

***6 minute moto history segment***

“Wow lot of action now that Sexton has made the move”

I’ve never complained about subscription service in my life, but seriously you would think the people that put this on were actively trying to piss off anyone trying to watch the race.

Hopefully next week we can be better

Leave Us To
5/28/2022 9:23pm
ctbale wrote:
DC had to have known there was going to be backlash. Looks like he sold out for the cash
Way to pile on with assumptions like DC had to have known, looks like he sold out. DC has hooked up so many people over the years and responded directly to so many members here I don't think he deserves such cheap shots. My guess is next weekend things will be fine.
jeffro503
5/28/2022 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2022 9:39pm
I'm a little miffed at what I saw today on the live broadcast ( infomercial nightmare! ) But I'm not putting that blame towards DC one bit!! He doesn't run MAV TV , and it is soley on them to make this " paid content " right again!

If next week is like what we just saw....then I'm out. Not paying anyone so I can watch commercials!
dkurtd
5/28/2022 9:51pm
ctbale wrote:
Way to pile on with assumptions like DC had to have known, looks like he sold out. DC has hooked up so many people over the...
Way to pile on with assumptions like DC had to have known, looks like he sold out. DC has hooked up so many people over the years and responded directly to so many members here I don't think he deserves such cheap shots. My guess is next weekend things will be fine.
Says the guy that admitted he didn't pay for the subscription and only watched because he found the YouTube link here on Vital. You obviously have a love affair going on with DC as you're all over Vital this evening defending him. Go watch your antenna t.v..
kopfjaeger
5/28/2022 10:00pm
Glad I paid for the subscription and had to watch the shit for free on youtube!!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/28/2022 10:24pm
You've got to be fucking kidding me with this shit
CPR
5/29/2022 12:39am
Friend messaged me saying Vurb had a link to free on YouTube, so I watched there as I hadn’t got around to hooking up with MavTv yet.
Vurb page said it was available due to issues with Mav. What was the issue, besides being shit?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2022 1:03am
CPR wrote:
Friend messaged me saying Vurb had a link to free on YouTube, so I watched there as I hadn’t got around to hooking up with MavTv...
Friend messaged me saying Vurb had a link to free on YouTube, so I watched there as I hadn’t got around to hooking up with MavTv yet.
Vurb page said it was available due to issues with Mav. What was the issue, besides being shit?

Website was down and you couldn't login.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
5/29/2022 1:11am
Honestly....after the experience watching the replays tonight, I'm going to drop the coverage at the end of the month and just watch highlights on Youtube.

Commercials are bad enough....but biographies in the middle of the race is the nail in the coffin for me.

Glad this month is only costing me $3.50 The service isn't worth even that.

What a clusterfuq.
CPR
5/29/2022 1:17am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 1:18am
CPR wrote:
Friend messaged me saying Vurb had a link to free on YouTube, so I watched there as I hadn’t got around to hooking up with MavTv...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Website was down and you couldn't login.
Thanks, not a great start!
SlackBoy
5/29/2022 3:31am
Maing, you's guys whinge more than the British. And at least they are polite whilst they are doing it.
zd35
5/29/2022 5:35am
knobby101 wrote:
30 - 9 = 21 minutes of horrible coverage, I don’t remember the overload of commercials in your Mavtv hype?
Replays have full motos without ads and commercial breaks.
Timo
5/29/2022 5:43am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 5:44am
The replays are what was supposed to be on the app, they are good with no commercials. I will say, I clicked on Pala 30 min after the live broadcast was completed. It said the replay was being loaded, 3 hours later said the same thing, so I closed the app and reopened it. All 4 motos were there, they need a refresh button because new content isn't automatically pushed to the app.
5/29/2022 5:44am
kevin204 wrote:
In addition to the commercials, can we get rid of useless segments during live racing? Thanks.
How many times do we need to see a course preview ?
MXWebmaster
5/29/2022 5:54am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 5:56am
I don't know why everyone is blaming DC. It's not his fault. He's not responsible for MavTV's website and technical infrastructure. As for the ads, those wouldn't normally be there (on the livestream) but because of the technical issues, they had to show us the broadcast stream instead. I watched the last part of the race on YouTube and it was fine.

I will agree with those that mentioned the overly long 'history' pieces. But again, that's the producer of the show choosing when and where to run those, not DC.

I'm sure things will be better next week. If not, I'm going to show my displeasure to MavTV again, not DC.
thundergoat
5/29/2022 5:55am
kevin204 wrote:
In addition to the commercials, can we get rid of useless segments during live racing? Thanks.
What sucks is that the segments seems good, but I'm so annoyed that they're on during the race that I don't pay any attention to them. And for the ads, we don't even need commercials, there's ads all over the track, and all over the riders. There's product placement halfway through every moto, do more of that or something. Capitalism is a wild ride. Every where you look it's just "BUY MY SHIT!"
chrisg19
Fantasy
4462nd
5/29/2022 6:24am
The only thing that gives me a little bit of hope is that if you watched on the app, in the lower right corner it said “MAVTV”. That feed, on the app, had a ton of commercials, and basically sucked. If you watched the commercial free YouTube feed, the lower right corner said “MAVTV Plus”. So I am hoping the feed from YouTube is the one we were supposed to be getting on the app, and that in future weeks it will be better with the commercial free feed on the app. I sure as hell wasn’t happy about the mess that was yesterdays broadcast, but I am holding out a little hope that it may not be as bad as what we had yesterday.
Leave Us To
5/29/2022 6:57am
dkurtd wrote:
Says the guy that admitted he didn't pay for the subscription and only watched because he found the YouTube link here on Vital. You obviously have...
Says the guy that admitted he didn't pay for the subscription and only watched because he found the YouTube link here on Vital. You obviously have a love affair going on with DC as you're all over Vital this evening defending him. Go watch your antenna t.v..
Admitted? Drama queen much? I don't have a love affair with DC but didn't lose my mind over yesterday's issues. And talk about tight wads acting like 7 bucks is so much money.

And on the antenna subject, some of the SX races were on NBC plus there are advantages to using an antenna even if you have cable or satellite.

Why Use a TV Antenna?

Digital television broadcasts that can be received by an HD TV antenna is in an uncompressed high definition format, meaning that the image quality is crisper and sharper to that of cable. While cable companies do indeed broadcast in high definition, the signal is often compressed, which results in a loss of quality.
HD TV Antennas, are able to pick up broadcasts from your local network affiliates, meaning that you’ll be able to enjoy high definition programming from networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, the CW and many more.
Cable and satellite television providers often only carry a fraction of the channels that are available in your local area. With an HD antenna you will be able to pick up these “hidden” channels, as most broadcast stations offer additional regional programming that cable and satellite exclude.
Antennas can weather the storm. Cable and satellite providers can be finicky, if storm clouds roll in and tumultuous weather compromises your cable or satellite reception, you’re totally cut off. With an antenna, you stand a better chance of staying informed.

Post a reply to: DC... 9 minutes ?

The Latest