D. Durham

bronwynrayne
3/2/2016 5:53pm
Nope, don't know him, but if you had been following this whole thing closely, you would know by now that the team is riding for "fun"...
Nope, don't know him, but if you had been following this whole thing closely, you would know by now that the team is riding for "fun". They are also going to different areas on the east coast to film. Where will they find time to train?

Here is a direct quote from Bereman "This shit is so much fun, but it’s definitely tough coming straight off the couch."

Does that sound like he trains to you?
So now there's something wrong with people having fun while they ride dirtbikes? Jesus. This mentality is what is wrong with the sport. If you're not a winner, you're a loser.
bangmyhead
3/2/2016 6:03pm
That's your first post? Are you related to Bereman by chance? My problem with Bereman (and guys like him) is that he could do so well...
That's your first post?

Are you related to Bereman by chance?

My problem with Bereman (and guys like him) is that he could do so well if he applied himself! He did well at Loretta's and then he turned into a hipster. Sad, really. If he just wants to go out and have fun, that's his deal. Just a shame that all that talent is going to waste. What is he afraid of? Why not train to win? Why is he settling for just "fun" and not adding winning to it, also? He has the talent to do it.
So tell me how he is not applying himself? And wasting his talent? And not training to win? And how he is settling for "fun"? Do...
So tell me how he is not applying himself? And wasting his talent? And not training to win? And how he is settling for "fun"? Do you know him? Does he call you at home?

Nope, don't know him, but if you had been following this whole thing closely, you would know by now that the team is riding for "fun"...
Nope, don't know him, but if you had been following this whole thing closely, you would know by now that the team is riding for "fun". They are also going to different areas on the east coast to film. Where will they find time to train?

Here is a direct quote from Bereman "This shit is so much fun, but it’s definitely tough coming straight off the couch."

Just shut up already
g taylor
3/2/2016 8:29pm

That's bullshit. You do know him and you're jealous as fuck for some stupid reason. Love it! HAHA!

Way to go Tyler. On the couch last week, out there just for fun and almost put it in the main. Attaboy! Keep havin' fun Bud!
visser62
3/2/2016 8:37pm
I don't know much about Bereman, he seems like a nice enough guy.

I thought it was funny when he raced at the X-Games a few years ago and he described how he would felt if he won the race, which was against Brayton, Grant, Reed, etc. I imagine the TV people wanted to him to say that though.

The Shop

3/3/2016 7:03am
Wow, these dudes are so rad! Having fun and racing at the same time; who gives a shit if they win or not. That's what I was telling my doctor right before my knee surgery; just have fun and it don't matter if you don't make the main and operate on the wrong leg; it's all good bro! I want all the people I deal with to have this same attitude, even my next president. Just have fun and don't really put a lot of effort into it cuz we all die anyway dude.
bangmyhead
3/3/2016 7:20am
Wow, these dudes are so rad! Having fun and racing at the same time; who gives a shit if they win or not. That's what I...
Wow, these dudes are so rad! Having fun and racing at the same time; who gives a shit if they win or not. That's what I was telling my doctor right before my knee surgery; just have fun and it don't matter if you don't make the main and operate on the wrong leg; it's all good bro! I want all the people I deal with to have this same attitude, even my next president. Just have fun and don't really put a lot of effort into it cuz we all die anyway dude.
That's right broseph, hopefully next time your "doc" give you a frontal lobotomy all in good fun Cool

Just curious why does it matter so much to you/ppl what others do?
hammertime
3/3/2016 8:00am
the single most important thing to remember in this great thread is that if he had a "program"....i'm sure he'd win the title! hahaha
3/3/2016 9:45am
Wow, these dudes are so rad! Having fun and racing at the same time; who gives a shit if they win or not. That's what I...
bangmyhead wrote:
That's right broseph, hopefully next time your "doc" give you a frontal lobotomy all in good fun B) Just curious why does it matter so much...
That's right broseph, hopefully next time your "doc" give you a frontal lobotomy all in good fun Cool

Dude, that's the same thing I've been saying to all of these wacko anti-abortion nut jobs; why does it matter to you what a woman does with her own body! You worry about your life and let her worry about hers. It's cool if I order parts for my yami and they send Kawi parts as long as they are having fun doing their job. I think giving participation trophies to kids instead of rewarding those that do well in youth sports is the greatest idea since Owlsley Stanley made acid famous in the Haight. I don't care what these Spicoli wanna-be's do. Live and let live bra, that's my handle.
visser62
3/3/2016 10:43am
Dude, that's the same thing I've been saying to all of these wacko anti-abortion nut jobs; why does it matter to you what a woman does...
Dude, that's the same thing I've been saying to all of these wacko anti-abortion nut jobs; why does it matter to you what a woman does with her own body! You worry about your life and let her worry about hers. It's cool if I order parts for my yami and they send Kawi parts as long as they are having fun doing their job. I think giving participation trophies to kids instead of rewarding those that do well in youth sports is the greatest idea since Owlsley Stanley made acid famous in the Haight. I don't care what these Spicoli wanna-be's do. Live and let live bra, that's my handle.
I don't think people should impose their beliefs on others, but I also don't think you just "worry about your life." Having sympathy and reaching out to help victims of injustice is important. Worrying only about your own decisions is selfish.

Also, the whole Kawi/Yamaha analogy...what the fuck?
bangmyhead
3/3/2016 10:48am
bangmyhead wrote:
That's right broseph, hopefully next time your "doc" give you a frontal lobotomy all in good fun B) Just curious why does it matter so much...

Dude, that's the same thing I've been saying to all of these wacko anti-abortion nut jobs; why does it matter to you what a woman does...
so others are directly affected by Durham and Bereman choice to have fun? You're twisting things that do not relate to fit your argument. I get it tho you just like to troll. Flame on brother!
SJK
3/3/2016 11:21am
If those guys would not be having fun at supercross, then some hard working guy with a program would get a spot in a main instead
akillerwombat
3/3/2016 11:26am

Thelen20
3/3/2016 11:26am
I know I'm a little off topic . . . but did anyone see Durham building his own race bike in their latest video??? I thought that was pretty cool!

Pulling for durham to keep it up front the rest of the year!!!
hvaughn88
3/3/2016 11:53am
Thelen20 wrote:
I know I'm a little off topic . . . but did anyone see Durham building his own race bike in their latest video??? I thought...
I know I'm a little off topic . . . but did anyone see Durham building his own race bike in their latest video??? I thought that was pretty cool!

Dude, didn't you know that Durham is an asshole for working on his own bike. If he wasn't so selfish then that work could go to a mechanic that deserves itTongue
Motoxdoc
3/3/2016 12:23pm
bangmyhead wrote:

Sooo...are you pro-choice or pro-take-a-womens-rights-away? Are you sarcastic or serious; or are you switching back and forth in the same paragraph? Can't figure you out. Your first post made me think...sarcasm sprinkled with very poor analogies. This post makes me think....bipolar, again sprinkled with very poor analogies. Albeit, an entertaining read! Anyway, back on track...Go Tyler and Darryn!!
3/3/2016 2:14pm

OMG!! WHERE WILL THEY FIND TIME TO TRAIN WITH ALL THE FUN THEY ARE HAVING!?!?

Put a bag over your head.

Fyi--I also ride for "fun". and lots of it.
JW381
3/3/2016 3:38pm
Thelen20 wrote:
I know I'm a little off topic . . . but did anyone see Durham building his own race bike in their latest video??? I thought...

It sucks that this thread has derailed so badly that you noting Durham was working on his on bike (badfuckingass btw) is considered off topic lol
BobPA
3/3/2016 3:55pm
That's your first post? Are you related to Bereman by chance? My problem with Bereman (and guys like him) is that he could do so well...
That's your first post?

Are you related to Bereman by chance?

My problem with Bereman (and guys like him) is that he could do so well if he applied himself! He did well at Loretta's and then he turned into a hipster. Sad, really. If he just wants to go out and have fun, that's his deal. Just a shame that all that talent is going to waste. What is he afraid of? Why not train to win? Why is he settling for just "fun" and not adding winning to it, also? He has the talent to do it.
I do not think you know what a hipster is first of all. If the dude applied himself and trained like crazy, what will he get...some top tens? That does not exactly pay the bills. I'm sure he is making some decent dollars free riding and not having to train and pressure himself all the time. Not everyone who has natural talent cares to dedicate their entire life to training and racing....
peelout
3/3/2016 4:03pm
what happened to this sikk ass thread? wtf is wrong with you people
Spagina767
3/3/2016 4:54pm
SJK wrote:
If those guys would not be having fun at supercross, then some hard working guy with a program would get a spot in a main instead
If that hard working guy can't make it in, because some guys who "just have fun" beat him out... Then guess what? Time for a new job.
diesellands
3/3/2016 5:49pm
This thread blows my mind...

Those dudes are riding bikes (you can see them in the video)
They aren't "just off of the couch", that's sarcasm
I think the video shows dd on a rowing machine.
What people seem to be missing is that they know they aren't willing to train enough to be in a title chase, and are reasonable with their finishes. Lets not forget that dd got $977 for his finish Saturday night and TB $576 plus whatever the contingency from yam & kawi is. I'm sure the bikes are loaners (given back at the end of the season), The van is a loaner (given for the series), the gear is all sponsor supplied + whatever vonzipper and DC kicks up to the guys. The suspension is most likely no cost from DD's dad (PR2) - The motor work was probably done for free & most of the parts given to them or bought at cost. Their cost to do the series is minimal with most everything provided by the sponsors. They are making extra loot by selling swag & making videos that the sponsors kick up loot for them to produce. All of that means they have pretty much no pressure to get results, and at the end of the day bringing the same amount of money as DD's deal with PC (since most of those contracts are performance based). Why rag on the guys for doing what makes them happy? I don't see anyone bashing or trash talking the other privateer's out on the track.

I say live and let live. Chances are whatever decisions they make wont impact you in anyway unless you choose to press play on the videos they post. Get excited if they do well, don't cry if they don't - either way its not going to change anything...

BTW - Most riders don't even bother to read these forums because its all just nonsense. Prime example is the mm-rd-js controversy from last weekend. JS7 is still laying down at night in his mansion in Florida, MM is still waking up Monday and working at bakers place, and RD is still going shopping with his super cute wife. Nothing changes... Not even the points race
JM485
3/3/2016 7:43pm
There was some pretty well known guy. . .What was his name. . .Think he had like 199 on his bike or something like that? Anyways, this dude was never one to hit the training super hard, but he decided to give that a go one year and see where it took him. Long story short, he got worse, and realized that he needed to keep doing his freestyle on the side to keep himself happy and motivated. Wonder what ever happened to that guy, must have had a terrible career. . .
Myke
Fantasy
2849th
3/3/2016 10:33pm
This thread blows my mind... Those dudes are riding bikes (you can see them in the video) They aren't "just off of the couch", that's sarcasm...
This thread blows my mind...

Those dudes are riding bikes (you can see them in the video)
They aren't "just off of the couch", that's sarcasm
I think the video shows dd on a rowing machine.
What people seem to be missing is that they know they aren't willing to train enough to be in a title chase, and are reasonable with their finishes. Lets not forget that dd got $977 for his finish Saturday night and TB $576 plus whatever the contingency from yam & kawi is. I'm sure the bikes are loaners (given back at the end of the season), The van is a loaner (given for the series), the gear is all sponsor supplied + whatever vonzipper and DC kicks up to the guys. The suspension is most likely no cost from DD's dad (PR2) - The motor work was probably done for free & most of the parts given to them or bought at cost. Their cost to do the series is minimal with most everything provided by the sponsors. They are making extra loot by selling swag & making videos that the sponsors kick up loot for them to produce. All of that means they have pretty much no pressure to get results, and at the end of the day bringing the same amount of money as DD's deal with PC (since most of those contracts are performance based). Why rag on the guys for doing what makes them happy? I don't see anyone bashing or trash talking the other privateer's out on the track.

I say live and let live. Chances are whatever decisions they make wont impact you in anyway unless you choose to press play on the videos they post. Get excited if they do well, don't cry if they don't - either way its not going to change anything...

BTW - Most riders don't even bother to read these forums because its all just nonsense. Prime example is the mm-rd-js controversy from last weekend. JS7 is still laying down at night in his mansion in Florida, MM is still waking up Monday and working at bakers place, and RD is still going shopping with his super cute wife. Nothing changes... Not even the points race
Good post!
Myke
Fantasy
2849th
3/3/2016 10:38pm
I thought DD did great! It was awesome to see them out there.

I did appear to me that DD bike seemed under powered compared to the factory bikes. The factory bikes seemed to accelerate harder and this was very noticeable at the beginning of the race.
bronwynrayne
3/4/2016 12:02am
peelout wrote:
This place is a breeding ground for bacteria, that's what happened to the sikk ass thread. No room in the vitalmx world for stoke and smoke anymore, just fuckin tear it down and examine every angle then take it out back and bench race it till it's dead, then bitch about how shitty it was and how much better it was back in your time.

moto455va
3/4/2016 12:13am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2016 12:14am
I NEVER MADE IT ANYWHERE IN MOTOCROSS SO IM GOING TO SHIT ON EVERYTHING IN MOTOCROSS THAT I CAN FIND FAULT IN
ricko
3/4/2016 3:08am
Myke wrote:
I thought DD did great! It was awesome to see them out there. I did appear to me that DD bike seemed under powered compared to...

I did appear to me that DD bike seemed under powered compared to the factory bikes. The factory bikes seemed to accelerate harder and this was very noticeable at the beginning of the race.
did we watch the same race? he was top 3 in all 3 starts that night. I'd say his bike pulls plenty hard.
JW381
3/4/2016 6:24am
Myke wrote:
I thought DD did great! It was awesome to see them out there. I did appear to me that DD bike seemed under powered compared to...

ricko wrote:
did we watch the same race? he was top 3 in all 3 starts that night. I'd say his bike pulls plenty hard.
Yup
swtwtwtw
3/4/2016 6:33am
bereman and durham are my motivation to keep track of the east series. at last, a couple of riders having FUN. They remind me why I ride. woo hoo
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
671st
3/4/2016 11:04am
peelout wrote:
Yup.

Post a reply to: D. Durham

The Latest