Custom helmet painting

DADTAXI
Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 10:53pm
I just sent a shoei out to Cole @ KC designs.

The dude is really cool to work with. I gave him minor details & he threw it together for a sick lid.

Quick turnaround!! It's only been a week & it's already finished.

I've always wanted a custom helmet just didn't want the bigger company price tags. It was very reasonable for the work provided. I'm pumped, check his work out.

|
Awood
Fantasy
4211th
5/2/2017 9:02pm
Looks like a straight tagger designs knock off to me...
2slow4u
5/2/2017 9:08pm
Looks like what the local kid does with his $40 airbrush kit. It doesn't look bad but it's a generic graffiti style. I miss the days of chrome dip and metal flake, the neon colors and bubbly letters are soooo 1993.
DADTAXI
5/2/2017 9:14pm
2slow4u wrote:
Looks like what the local kid does with his $40 airbrush kit. It doesn't look bad but it's a generic graffiti style. I miss the days...
Looks like what the local kid does with his $40 airbrush kit. It doesn't look bad but it's a generic graffiti style. I miss the days of chrome dip and metal flake, the neon colors and bubbly letters are soooo 1993.
Those are the particular items I requested. I'm happy with the results.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/2/2017 9:46pm
Looks good. What did it cost, if you don't mine me asking? I've got an all white shoei that I want painted
5/2/2017 9:52pm
Everyone is intrigued by different designs/art. Personally a fan of the graffiti type art. If you don't mind my asking, what'd you pay? Got a new Moto-9 and weighing options on a custom/semi-custom design. May it be a wrap or painted.
DADTAXI
5/2/2017 10:02pm
seven1two wrote:
Looks great! How is the pricing?
$400 for this one. Price varies on work load involved.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/2/2017 11:13pm
Only on Vital can you guarantee that a few will feel the need to post something negative in a thread that the OP is sharing his new custom lid. I just don't get it, but to each their own. Hopefully you feel better now.....

Your helmet looks cool and as long as you like it, that's all that matters. With the helmet companies delivering so many different designs, helmet painting isn't as prevalent as it use to be. I miss seeing custom paint jobs.
Motofinne
5/2/2017 11:18pm
Congrats! Really nice looking lid!

I have always wanted to get a helmet painted but i haven't been able to justify pricing so i got a helmet wrap a few weeks ago haha...
BAD10
5/2/2017 11:45pm
langhammx wrote:
Only on Vital can you guarantee that a few will feel the need to post something negative in a thread that the OP is sharing his...
Only on Vital can you guarantee that a few will feel the need to post something negative in a thread that the OP is sharing his new custom lid. I just don't get it, but to each their own. Hopefully you feel better now.....

Your helmet looks cool and as long as you like it, that's all that matters. With the helmet companies delivering so many different designs, helmet painting isn't as prevalent as it use to be. I miss seeing custom paint jobs.
True that! Everyone's a critic! Helmet looks great and at the price you paid it's a steal!
5/3/2017 1:34am
Motofinne wrote:
Congrats! Really nice looking lid! I have always wanted to get a helmet painted but i haven't been able to justify pricing so i got a...

I have always wanted to get a helmet painted but i haven't been able to justify pricing so i got a helmet wrap a few weeks ago haha...
Where did you buy the wrap? Smile
Motofinne
5/3/2017 1:43am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 2:13am
Motofinne wrote:
Congrats! Really nice looking lid! I have always wanted to get a helmet painted but i haven't been able to justify pricing so i got a...

rippinruts wrote:
Where did you buy the wrap? Smile
https://www.backyarddesign.de/en/

I do have to say that it was a pain in the ass to get the wrap on the helmet(Bell Moto 9 Flex)
DADTAXI
5/3/2017 4:28pm
langhammx wrote:
Only on Vital can you guarantee that a few will feel the need to post something negative in a thread that the OP is sharing his...

Its expected.
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
5/4/2017 6:11am
I was looking at doing a helmet for my daughter for the world BMX championships.....but money is getting tight, and for a 1 off helmet she will wear once I have a hard time justifying the paint, so a graphics company locally stepped up and going to wrap it for her, thanks to Nick Jackson at https://blackdiamondmx.com/

KVDT
5/4/2017 6:34am
Looks good. Had a friend paint this one back in 1997. Still has the dirt on it from a crash back in 97. Haven't wore it since.

DADTAXI
5/4/2017 7:19am
KVDT wrote:
Looks good. Had a friend paint this one back in 1997. Still has the dirt on it from a crash back in 97. Haven't wore it...
Looks good. Had a friend paint this one back in 1997. Still has the dirt on it from a crash back in 97. Haven't wore it since.

I like it for the era. I want to do a TP199 shoei replica next.
BobPA
5/4/2017 8:18am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2017 8:20am
DADTAXI wrote:
I just sent a shoei out to Cole @ KC designs. The dude is really cool to work with. I gave him minor details & he...

The dude is really cool to work with. I gave him minor details & he threw it together for a sick lid.

I've always wanted a custom helmet just didn't want the bigger company price tags. It was very reasonable for the work provided. I'm pumped, check his work out.

Insert "Ha Gayyyyyyy" photo here
DADTAXI
5/4/2017 8:23am
DADTAXI wrote:
I just sent a shoei out to Cole @ KC designs. The dude is really cool to work with. I gave him minor details & he...

BobPA wrote:
Insert "Ha Gayyyyyyy" photo here
that comment is about as strong as harbor freight straps #chucklechuckle
mxb2
5/4/2017 8:51am
Love it, great color.
cable
5/4/2017 10:07am
langhammx wrote:

exactly! As a friend of a helmet painter and graphics designer, that helmet looks great!
No matter what anyone says, helmets take time, and effort. its not a flat object.
disassemble, scuff, sand, paint, paint, lines, paint, scuff, clear, assemble.
I bet it will feel real good to go to the line with that!
7/5/2017 2:26pm
Thats nice.. I love the color selections.

I'm thinking of scuffing my helmet and laying on a base coat of primer and drawing some designs with posca pens and then clear coating over that.. I've seen it done on different types of helmets but never on a mx helmet.. Do any of you know of someone who has done this??
Harvdog21
7/5/2017 2:54pm
Custom helmets are sweet, although these days the cost seems to be a bit high compared to the old days. Here is a Bell Moto 4 I had painted for $200 back in 1998. It still looks good after almost 20 years. Airbrushed helmets are good for at least one gear higher on the straights.

r
Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2647th
7/5/2017 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 5:54pm
Harvdog21 wrote:
Custom helmets are sweet, although these days the cost seems to be a bit high compared to the old days. Here is a Bell Moto 4...
Custom helmets are sweet, although these days the cost seems to be a bit high compared to the old days. Here is a Bell Moto 4 I had painted for $200 back in 1998. It still looks good after almost 20 years. Airbrushed helmets are good for at least one gear higher on the straights.

r
Looks good for the era

What is the go with not having a "DOT" sticker on the back?

Here in OZ they wont let you race with out the dot or Australian standard sticker,Silly
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/5/2017 5:13pm
Looks great! The price is unreal! Ignore the haters, always a few to try to piss on your parade.....

Post a reply to: Custom helmet painting

The Latest