Current frames with 2 stroke motors

MXATC
Fantasy
2373rd
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 5:01am
Has anyone tried to put a 2 stroke motor into the current 4 stroke frames? Just wondering what the handling would be like on the bike. Any thoughts out there?
|
9/20/2014 5:23pm
Yeah it's called a ktm. Haha. If you meant jap bikes though, than yes. Service honda. They're beautiful . But if your gonna build one, start with a 250f frame. You want the most maneuverable, light, and modern chassis you can get. But I would just get a ktm. The newest gen ones are good. Very good.

The Shop

PADDY'S LAD
9/20/2014 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2014 6:07pm
I built a 85 cr500 into a 05 crf 250 frame and it handles great I have raced it and ride it every weekend and in an average day it will beat the holly crap out of you . Fun to ride but you will feel it at the end of the day.
The power is brutal and hard to manage (no whiskey throttle) but tons of fun. If you have the chance do it!
Cheers, Pat
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
9/20/2014 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2014 6:10pm
Hi, welcome to Vital/ the interwebs
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/20/2014 6:19pm
Once I heard of a 2stroke 500 in a 4stroke frame...but I don't think they really exist.
dboivin
9/20/2014 6:22pm
its Trenton Pastrami you moran!
Wandell
9/20/2014 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2014 8:12pm
Yeah it's called a ktm. Haha. If you meant jap bikes though, than yes. Service honda. They're beautiful . But if your gonna build one, start...
Yeah it's called a ktm. Haha. If you meant jap bikes though, than yes. Service honda. They're beautiful . But if your gonna build one, start with a 250f frame. You want the most maneuverable, light, and modern chassis you can get. But I would just get a ktm. The newest gen ones are good. Very good.
Come on, get serious! Where on earth are you gonna find a complete late model 250f with a blown engine? LOL
9/21/2014 12:07pm
I have done a 250 2T in a 2010 YZ250F. Handling is just like the 250F. Suspension settings don't work though, so expect to put some work into it.
scooter5002
9/21/2014 12:19pm
Well, the op is from Arkansas, so that's somewhat of an explanation. Don't let these guys fuck with you, it's never been done. Any stories to the contrary are mythical and legendary, but its just like the Bigfoot tale. No one has EVER been able to prove it.
9/21/2014 12:53pm
Well, the op is from Arkansas, so that's somewhat of an explanation. Don't let these guys fuck with you, it's never been done. Any stories to...
Well, the op is from Arkansas, so that's somewhat of an explanation. Don't let these guys fuck with you, it's never been done. Any stories to the contrary are mythical and legendary, but its just like the Bigfoot tale. No one has EVER been able to prove it.
You sure look like bigfoot in your avatar!
9/21/2014 1:00pm
Well, the op is from Arkansas, so that's somewhat of an explanation. Don't let these guys fuck with you, it's never been done. Any stories to...
I saw your poke at Arkansas and I thought, "wow, bet this guy lives somewhere cool"..... Then I saw you are from Canada..... I was so wrong with my initial thoughts!
headache
9/21/2014 2:32pm
I saw your poke at Arkansas and I thought, "wow, bet this guy lives somewhere cool"..... Then I saw you are from Canada..... I was so...
I saw your poke at Arkansas and I thought, "wow, bet this guy lives somewhere cool"..... Then I saw you are from Canada..... I was so wrong with my initial thoughts!
Ha ha so true! Not all of us Arkansas guys live under a rock lol. I'd love to build a 500af just to see how much fun it would be.
9/21/2014 2:38pm
It's more of a semi current frame but you get the idea. I want to ride one of these beasts in the desert one day.

scooter5002
9/21/2014 2:53pm
I saw your poke at Arkansas and I thought, "wow, bet this guy lives somewhere cool"..... Then I saw you are from Canada..... I was so...
Clearly, when you're from Arkansas, you have no sense of humour, either. Rather unfortunate.
9/21/2014 3:17pm
Im from Arkansas, well Missouri originally, but ive lived in Ar for most of my life.
I was gona say something smartass back too him, but you nailed it...

From Canada hahaha.
scooter5002
9/21/2014 3:36pm
delta, did you have to climb off the back end of that pig to think of that zinger, or just to type it?
TeamGreen
9/21/2014 3:52pm
delta, did you have to climb off the back end of that pig to think of that zinger, or just to type it?
It's not a pig...

It's a Razorback.
slipdog
9/21/2014 3:59pm
I'd have gone with this one, but I am from California... eh!

CR500Rider
9/21/2014 4:28pm
I found the gen 4 250f chassis (with a CR500 crammed in) to be the sketchiest dirt bike I've ever straddled.
9/21/2014 5:00pm
Nope, i just had to remember your from Canada... or i could say your from a country that the government embraces open drug use, libral propriety and a depencency on another nation (USA) for its defence, not to mention the largest gay population the world has ever seen. Unfortunately alot of Canada's bad influences have trickled down to us, but not to the degree yall have..
You need to really think before you go questioning folks intelligence based off of where they are from.

scooter5002
9/21/2014 6:09pm
Well, let's see......... I, you're, I, you're, liberal, alot, yall. These would be all your spelling errors, failure to capitalize, or use of words that do not exist in the English language. I won't even go into your horrible sentence structure, in what is a feeble attempt to belittle Canada in general. Engage in hypocrisy a lot, or just when you're making a desperate attempt to show how clever you are?

Open drug use: The use of medical marijuana has been approved up here for a while, I believe Colorado and Washington State did so last year, by popular vote. Correct me if I'm wrong in that one, but one could argue that those two states are simply behind the times, as are 48 others, compared to us.

Liberal propriety: show me. Post links or an argument that proves your point.

To my knowledge, we have our own complete military force, as evidenced by the fact that I live within 150 miles of three bases. One of which is an air base, to which pilots come to train from all over the world, Americans included. A base which was also used to test the original Cruise missile, apparently, since the terrain and climate resembled that of Russia.

As to the gay population, again, post a link. Our population is approx. 35 million, yours is 10 times that. So, you would suggest, that based on those numbers, even as a percentage alone, our number is greater. Post something to back up your argument.

Perhaps you could engage in thinking things through yourself, before setting yourself up for an internet flogging. That way, people won't think you're desperate to show how intelligent you are, regardless of where you're from. Wink
9/21/2014 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2014 7:21pm
What about your, oh sorry "you're" horrible attempt to belittle Arkansas. That is what started this, correct.
And sentence structure, punctuation, words that dont exist...whatever.

Im not gona argue statistics and number with you.. oh forgot gona should be going to.

The whole point of what i said was just a dig back at ya, and you knew that, but all you could come up with is show me facts, show me percentage, show proof with statistics, and you accuse me of trying to desperately convince someone i'm intelligent..

Think things thru before i speak, like did i climb off the back of that pig.. yeah thats thoughtfull alright.
Ya really thought that one thru..

You say were behind the times with the legalization of medical marijuana. Behind the times ehh..Whistling

9/21/2014 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2014 7:25pm
If you can make it fit, and get the CG rght, then best case is mid corner handling will be worse, primarily because of two stroke power delivery. The reason that 4Ts are faster in certain conditions (hard pack, flat corners, chop) is because they deliver LESS power at small throttle openings. When you are at the limit entering a corner...and you roll on and get too much power...what do you think will happen? More HP all the time is not always faster.
TF212
9/21/2014 8:00pm
Well, let's see......... I, you're, I, you're, liberal, alot, yall. These would be all your spelling errors, failure to capitalize, or use of words that do...
Well, let's see......... I, you're, I, you're, liberal, alot, yall. These would be all your spelling errors, failure to capitalize, or use of words that do not exist in the English language. I won't even go into your horrible sentence structure, in what is a feeble attempt to belittle Canada in general. Engage in hypocrisy a lot, or just when you're making a desperate attempt to show how clever you are?

Open drug use: The use of medical marijuana has been approved up here for a while, I believe Colorado and Washington State did so last year, by popular vote. Correct me if I'm wrong in that one, but one could argue that those two states are simply behind the times, as are 48 others, compared to us.

Liberal propriety: show me. Post links or an argument that proves your point.

To my knowledge, we have our own complete military force, as evidenced by the fact that I live within 150 miles of three bases. One of which is an air base, to which pilots come to train from all over the world, Americans included. A base which was also used to test the original Cruise missile, apparently, since the terrain and climate resembled that of Russia.

As to the gay population, again, post a link. Our population is approx. 35 million, yours is 10 times that. So, you would suggest, that based on those numbers, even as a percentage alone, our number is greater. Post something to back up your argument.

Perhaps you could engage in thinking things through yourself, before setting yourself up for an internet flogging. That way, people won't think you're desperate to show how intelligent you are, regardless of where you're from. Wink

I've got to side with Canada here.
Darryl916
9/22/2014 9:25am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 9:26am
this thread wins

Google CR500AF or KX500AF then youtube it. Make sure you have a towel or a sock or something so you don't make a mess

Service Honda

Clear your schedule for the next couple days and enjoy...
SEE ARE125
9/22/2014 10:41am
Ask Garrett how it worked: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/22/65791/s1200_6c17f612214011e3957d22000a1fa40f_7.jpg[/img]
Ask Garrett how it worked:

Kawasaki dirt bike with powerband in ever gear. Ran grate when took apart. Everything's their, just needs to be put back together. Needs carb cleaned from setting. $6500 FIRM May trade for bass boat, Z28, mobile home, or zero turn mower. Let me no what you got.

Post a reply to: Current frames with 2 stroke motors

The Latest