Curious about Herlings earned National number

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2018 5:26 AM

Hey guys, after last years race, it got me to thinking, with Jeffrey going 1-1 at Ironman and earning 50 points, what national number do you suppose he did/could have earned should he race another national this year. Base on the 50 point total, I’m guessing he might be as high as in the 60’s range. Any of you number crunchers have an idea where 50 points would put him in the top 100?

|

7/29/2018 5:33 AM

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/29/2018 5:48 AM

downward, Herlings would have been #71, but because he was riding on a foreign federation license (like Desalle and Strijbos did when they visited) he was excluded from the assigned AMA numbers. Here is a glimpse of what the math looked like... Photo

DC
Racer X

|

7/29/2018 5:49 AM

I don’t think he got allocated one from memory due to his license for the event ? Unsure though

|

7/29/2018 6:00 AM

Why not let the euro champ either run their own number with an 'E' behind it or in Herlings case a #1 with the 'E'. Another solution, run a green background for all international "visitors" with their own number.
I think it's better for the recognition of the infrequent MXGP riders to use the last option personally.

|

7/29/2018 6:02 AM

DC wrote:

downward, Herlings would have been #71, but because he was riding on a foreign federation license (like Desalle and Strijbos did when they visited) he was excluded from the assigned AMA numbers. Here is a glimpse of what the math looked like... Photo

DC
Racer X

Thanks for the info DC. Good luck this week with Lorettas. Let's hope he makes the trip this year also.

|

7/29/2018 6:10 AM

KMC440 wrote:

Why not let the euro champ either run their own number with an 'E' behind it or in Herlings case a #1 with the 'E'. Another solution, run a green background for all international "visitors" with their own number.
I think it's better for the recognition of the infrequent MXGP riders to use the last option personally.

^ What he said Photo

|

KX125

7/29/2018 7:34 AM

Herlings isn’t European champion...

|

7/29/2018 8:06 AM

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

Thanks Davey, I was mostly curious what his number “could” have been. I suspected the foreign liscense thing allowing him to race but not earning national number points. Guess I wasn’t too far off on my guess.smile

|

7/29/2018 8:42 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Herlings isn’t European champion...

"If you ain't American, you ain't shit!" -1980's American motocross fan

|