Crossfire 3

419250f
Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 8:50pm
Anyone have any issues with the ankle flex stop system?

Reading from reviews on sites that sell the boots, I've seen a couple comments that the flex stop doesn't actually work and instead the boot kind of collapses in on itself at the ankle when it hits the stop point.

Just looking for some real world feedback on these new boots.
Riding 2 or 3x a week in my year old Tech 8's is not allowing the ole' planter fasciitis to heal up.
|
c0ncEpT
7/10/2017 11:17am
I'm curious on the reviews as well. I have Crossfire 2 SRS and love them. When they get wore out I'll look at upgrading to the 3's.
Titan1
7/10/2017 11:19am
c0ncEpT wrote:
I'm curious on the reviews as well. I have Crossfire 2 SRS and love them. When they get wore out I'll look at upgrading to the...
I'm curious on the reviews as well. I have Crossfire 2 SRS and love them. When they get wore out I'll look at upgrading to the 3's.
I was just going to type that exact same thing. I love the crossfire 2 srs's..
JohnMatrix
7/10/2017 11:38am
I have the crossfire 3's and I love them. I was also coming off of tech 8's. I like everything about the Sidi's better. They took a bit of adjustment because the sole tech 8's hang over the edge of the boot, and I would used that inner edge of the sole for rear braking. With the Sidi's they force me to point my toes in more which I actually prefer. The crossfire 3's fit me perfect. I can tighten them up around the calves more-so than I could with my tech 8's and grip the bike better. I like the buckles better and damn near every piece of the boot is replaceable.

In regards to your concern on the flex stop, I think it depends on how much of that flex support you are really expecting. I think any boot is going to collapse at the top of the foot near the ankle if you take a hard enough hit. It has happened on my tech 8's plenty of times once they are broken in. Last weekend I cased a landing with one of my feet too far back on the pegs so that I was almost on my toes. I felt the boot hit the stop point and flex a little bit as you described in your question. I specifically remember this because it was the first time they were really put to the test. They protected my ankle well enough so it wasn't sore or injured. So to answer your question, will they flex on a hard hit with bad foot positioning...yes. Is it so much that the boots are failing to do as advertised...I don't think so but we all have personal opinions on how stiff we want a boot to be. I still think these are the best boots I've owned so far.
spacecat
7/10/2017 11:46am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 11:47am
I have had the srs3 boots for about 3 months now. If you liked the srs2, you'll like this boot too. Im pushing hard on the back of the boot till it hits the ankle stop. No real flex noted beyond that. lower part of the boot holds its shape. Upper part has some movement but i doubt that would happen if my leg and knee brace was in there too. Having only 4 screws to change the sole is the best improvement on the new boot.

The Shop

Roostermx58
7/10/2017 12:12pm
The Crossfire3 definitely is an improvement over the Crossfire2 as the added hyper-extension blocks don't allow the boot to bend further which was one of the issues with the Crossfire2.

If you do move forward in purchasing some, I have some gently used ones listed on the website below.

Here is a good review video -
https://youtu.be/igkodHiol6g
419250f
7/10/2017 5:07pm
Thanks for the really detailed responses guys, appreciate it.

John when you refer to ankle stiffness and everyone having different preferences, I like a stiff ankle like when my Tech 8's where fresh.
I'd lean toward the sg 12's but I have super narrow and flat feet so they just didn't fit me.
Going to try a friend's Crossfire 2's for fitment reference and go from there.
Thanks
JohnMatrix
7/10/2017 6:05pm
Same here as far as fitment. I have a narrow flat foot. I tried on sg-12's, sg-10's, tech 10's and the sidi's all back to back. The sidi's just fit right compared to the others.
7/10/2017 6:23pm
The crossfire 2 srs boots are the best fitting / most comfortable boots I've ever owned. It's like wearing shoes but with protection as good as the rest.
swtwtwtw
7/10/2017 8:42pm
Keefer inc testing just threw up a review today on Instagram
7/10/2017 8:49pm
The Crossfire3 definitely is an improvement over the Crossfire2 as the added hyper-extension blocks don't allow the boot to bend further which was one of the...
The Crossfire3 definitely is an improvement over the Crossfire2 as the added hyper-extension blocks don't allow the boot to bend further which was one of the issues with the Crossfire2.

If you do move forward in purchasing some, I have some gently used ones listed on the website below.

Here is a good review video -
https://youtu.be/igkodHiol6g
Love the new website you got man, looks slick.
7/10/2017 9:01pm
I have been wearing Crossfire 2's for the last 3 years, I buy a set every season. This season I got a pair of the sick blue and red Crossfire 3's. As far as fit, they feel very similar to the C2's but maybe a little more comfortable or the boots are so new they just feel nicer. They do feel like they have more ankle support and it is noticeable. On the down side, I feel like there is less feel on the foot pegs almost like I'm more clumsy on the pegs. Racing moto or in the open trails I don't have much to complain about but when I'm riding more technical single track I like my C2's better. Truthfully I have to say I like my C2's better

Post a reply to: Crossfire 3

The Latest