Crossbar or Fatbar for 21 CRF450

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2021 7:57 AM

looking for your opinions and why.

heard the crossbar may help with chassis rigidity

|

1/18/2021 7:58 AM

Buy a twinwall and remove the crossbar to see which is best. Its preference..

|

1/18/2021 11:51 AM

kb228 wrote:

I guess I was trying to figure out why KR is using crossbar this year and some other factory guys. I see sexton is still using the fatbars so just wanted to see those who have tested this already.

Do you have a 21 ?

|

1/18/2021 1:16 PM

Just recently switched to FatBar after five years on TwinWalls. I’m on a 2017 but I noticed a huge difference in comfort. The 604 bend is awesome. if you want a more relaxed and less rigid feel, go with the TwinWalls. And if your budget allows I would consider those new FatBar 36’s. Your post is a bit miss leading. Do you want the bike to be more rigid or less rigid?

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

1/18/2021 1:25 PM

Protaper EVO

|

1/18/2021 1:28 PM

Pro Taper fusion.

|

1/18/2021 1:34 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Just recently switched to FatBar after five years on TwinWalls. I’m on a 2017 but I noticed a huge difference in comfort. The 604 bend is awesome. if you want a more relaxed and less rigid feel, go with the TwinWalls. And if your budget allows I would consider those new FatBar 36’s. Your post is a bit miss leading. Do you want the bike to be more rigid or less rigid?

Interesting. I always thought Fatbar were more flex. I was thinking Roczen switched on Twinwall to have a better intensity of riding. I m wrong.

|

1/18/2021 1:48 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

WCRider wrote:

Interesting. I always thought Fatbar were more flex. I was thinking Roczen switched on Twinwall to have a better intensity of riding. I m wrong.

Fatbar does have more flex than a twin wall with the crossbar on. Some will cut the crossbar and tape it to whether where it was cut. I think that helps it absorb more impact but still be a little stiffer when you pull up on the bar.

|

1/18/2021 2:22 PM

First thing I noticed roc’s bike when on the gate was his pad had a curve in it. That happens when you cut the cross bar.

|

1/18/2021 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2021 2:36 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

WCRider wrote:

FatBars have more flex and comfort. That’s why I switched. The new bike is 20% less rigid so maybe Kenny misses the feel of the old chassis.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

1/18/2021 3:15 PM

If you want a crossbar, try the odi podium cft. I find they are a very comfortable bar since they have kind of elastomer built into the crossbar to allow flex. I’ve been happy with the last couple of sets I ran.

|

1/18/2021 3:54 PM

Fat bar = more comfort

|

1/18/2021 4:42 PM

I've been a fat bar fan for a longggg time.. I tried mika hybrids and on the next bike I switched back to a fat bar, if that tells you anything. We can't compare our set ups to krocs.

|

1/18/2021 4:50 PM

kb228 wrote:

mxrider118 wrote:

I guess I was trying to figure out why KR is using crossbar this year and some other factory guys. I see sexton is still using the fatbars so just wanted to see those who have tested this already.

Do you have a 21 ?

No diff bikes but the fatbar for me is way more comfortable.

|

1/18/2021 4:54 PM

I’ve been using fat bars on all 450s since the beginning of time of making 450s. Biggest reason is I feel like the fat bars are less rigid which is already a factor with a super powerful engine. Anything that can tame down the effect of the strong engine on your arms/hands, the better IMO.

But again, I feel like this is totally a personal preference type situation and someone who has been using traditional cross-bar setups for the last 18 years or so on 450s could probably deliver an effective argument on their side as well. Setups are personal.

|

1/18/2021 6:56 PM

I’ve always run a 997 Twinwall and find them very comfortable.

I guess I’m in the minority.

|

1/18/2021 7:24 PM

If it really feels rigid AF to you, just throw a 7/8" on there.

|