Cross jump?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2018 6:58 AM

|

3/7/2018 7:11 AM

He was clearly ahead so he had every right to use the whole track. He was setting himself up for the next corner so looked okay to me.

That was an incredible lap. Pretty easy to see why those two are the best in the world when it comes to an outdoor track. The US guys have talent but highly doubt they can turn a lap like that. Even more amazing it was the last lap.

|

3/7/2018 7:26 AM

That was such a good race.

|

3/7/2018 7:31 AM

Such a shame that the announcer's sound so boring....laughing That was an awesome last lap, thanks for the link.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/7/2018 7:38 AM

No. That track is killer and brought about close racing. Cairoli isn't about to concede anything to Herlings, he looks like he has something to prove.

|

3/7/2018 8:04 AM

Yes, Cairoli jumped all the way across the jump in the beginning of the video. But he was aware that Herlings was nowhere near him. They both jump straight on every jump after they knew they were within a bike length of each other.

|

3/7/2018 10:53 AM

He cross jumped properly. He wanted to get to the inside, he knew he had space and he wanted Herlings to start guessing where he was going.

|

3/7/2018 11:10 AM

Yesterday, taking my Aussi out for her morning business, we took off down the front stairs. About 4-6 from the end going at a good pace I jumped down the rest just as she decided to cross jump me. Shit, couldn't land on my little Aussi, had to react mid air and landed splat on the ground. Ouch for an old man. She knew exactly what she did and wouldn't leave my side as I hobbled away. Even the dog knows it's wrong. LOL
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

3/7/2018 11:53 AM

ToolMaker wrote:

Yesterday, taking my Aussi out for her morning business, we took off down the front stairs. About 4-6 from the end going at a ...more

It happens to me all the time.....

|

3/7/2018 11:59 AM

I missed the part where the guy crashed due to cross jumping??

|

3/7/2018 12:01 PM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

I missed the part where the guy crashed due to cross jumping??

That wasn’t the question! But thx for playing!

|

3/7/2018 12:30 PM

So if I am reading this correctly, cross jumping is only cross jumping if someone gets cleaned out?

Got it.

|

3/7/2018 12:36 PM

My pitch fork is ready, which one of these heathens is getting the wrath?

|

3/7/2018 12:37 PM

That was an awesome clip, hope these guys stay healthy all season

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

3/7/2018 12:43 PM

NV825 wrote:

My pitch fork is ready, which one of these heathens is getting the wrath?

Was just gonna say I sharpened mine up. Let's torch this disgraceful A hole!

|

3/7/2018 12:55 PM

No - just great F-ing racing.

I have seen that clip about 20 times and it never gets old!!

|

3/7/2018 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2018 2:43 PM

What is cross jumping anyway? When I was a pro in the early 80's, cross jumping wasn't even a term used. We referred to it as racing. People jump from the inside to the outside and vise versa all the time. I guess some of you have no problem with that....unless someone is trying to pass, in which case you should alter your line and relinquish the position. Should the racer pay more attention to the person behind him, instead of the triple in front? Here's an idea, if you are worried about a racer taking you out while passing him over a triple or otherwise large jump, choose a different spot to pass, where they don't have the opportunity to clean you out.

|

3/7/2018 4:26 PM

Motoxdoc wrote:

What is cross jumping anyway? When I was a pro in the early 80's, cross jumping wasn't even a term used. We referred to it as ...more

This.

So much.... this.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/8/2018 6:55 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

What is cross jumping anyway? When I was a pro in the early 80's, cross jumping wasn't even a term used. We referred to it as ...more

Falcon wrote:

This.

So much.... this.

Tru story!

|

3/8/2018 7:24 AM

Fantastic announcing! You could be blind and still feel the exact action because of the passion he exudes.

|

3/8/2018 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 7:25 AM

Perfect "Science of Supercross" segment topic. McGrath could explain the "art" and have Emig (SME..subject matter expert) show folks how it's done.

|

3/8/2018 7:52 AM

Great clip!

|

3/8/2018 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 8:22 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

Here is the problem, you have to "commit" on these triples and other obstacles. And outdoors can have some big jumps at a high-speed. If you are about to take off and the rider in front of you cuts you off on the ramp or other wise drifts over in mid-air into your line then that's cross jumping and extremely dangerous for both riders.

We are not talking about a guy who is several bike lengths ahead of you. In that case he is free to jump however and wherever he wants. Just like in this video. He jumps literally from right to left. No problem. No danger.

Now imagine if Herlings is about a bike length or maybe less then a bike length back. He's already committed to jumping and there is nothing he can do to alter his line as he is already committed off the takeoff.

If "cross jumping" was just another part of racing then why don't guys do it more? And when a rider does get cross jumped why do you think they get so pissed off?

Because it's dangerous and scary as shit when it happens to you.

|

3/8/2018 11:31 AM

All that amazing racing and all you mother-hens can focus on is cross-jumping that didn't cause an accident.

I guess we should give Tony a stern talking to with a time-out and no lolly-pop.

|

3/8/2018 11:56 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Here is the problem, you have to "commit" on these triples and other obstacles. And outdoors can have some big jumps at a ...more

I agree with everything you said but I’ll add one thing. Sometimes a rider will cross jump in front of a rider (like Cairolli did) so that the rider behind him has to start guessing where your going, which will make a guy nervous about getting to close, it’s an effective part of racing and not dangerous. I would still call that cross jumping not just jumping across a jump.

|