Croom in the late '80's

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 4:26 PM

Matthes eluded to this a couple of weeks ago, the elite pro's practicing at Croom in the late '80's. Does anyone have any pictures of those days?

|

9/11/2018 4:34 PM

That would be cool to see. I have seen Travis there many times over the years. RJ used to come ride some crappy sand track here in my town late 80s while visiting family in sw Florida.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

9/11/2018 4:45 PM

Ronnie Tichenor would go out there all the time, his dad was the first person I had that really helped me with suspension.

|

9/11/2018 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 8:28 PM

Spent a lot of time there but no pictures,
James and RC rippng around that place up in the front on 80s was a thing of beauty.
Pastrana
Brian McElroy
Gene Naumec
Paul Curry
The Youngblood brothers
Jeff Frisz
Vince Devane

Just a few that I have seen ripping around that place!

|

9/12/2018 11:06 AM

Saw pics of Tim Farr there training in a quad magazine when I was a kid. He was an ATV national champion in the mid 90s, the guy who dethroned Gary Denton in 1995.

|

9/12/2018 12:58 PM

I was there in 1989 and have a few pictures buried somewhere... All year I have been I grabbing boxes of pictures from my parents house and working on scanning them, but I haven't unearthed those particular ones yet.
I will certainly post them on this thread when I finally come across them.

Its funny that someone else mentioned Ronnie Tichenor, I was only ever there one day in my life and Ronnie Tichenor was there that day.
I had gone to Florida for the winter as a 19-year old thinking of it as a stepping stone for an illustrious pro career.
Sadly, after hearing a bike screaming behind me, pass me (actually the word "pass" should be substituted with the word "sand-blast"), and disappear instantly from sight beyond the miles of whooped-out sand- I realized maybe a pro career wasn't waiting for me!!

|

9/12/2018 1:10 PM

Spent plenty of time there with many but I don't think I have any pictures but I will ask mom because she was a camera addict back then.
Swink, Emig, Stephenson, Buehl, Neumac, Hannah, DeHoop, Kitsch and Ferry are the few I remember.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

9/12/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2018 2:02 PM

Only time is I was ever there was during Speed Week at Daytona. Mike Kiedrowski was parked next to me.

|