5/28/2018 7:40 PM

"2005 Suzuki RM250 for sale"

I asked the seller who did the conversion

what conversion? ....lol
Photo Photo

|

ride

5/28/2018 7:45 PM

A lot nicer than the KX250 I saw on FB yesterday. Dual exhaust and a slick rear tire!

|

5/28/2018 7:53 PM

It would be even funnier if he said “fresh top end” like most sellers do, since there is a KTM 200 motor in that thing!

|

5/28/2018 7:54 PM

Maybe Tyler can explain this bike to us...

|

5/28/2018 7:57 PM

Moto Mofo wrote:

It would be even funnier if he said “fresh top end” like most sellers do, since there is a KTM 200 motor in that thing!

It's actually a good affordable base for a KDX200 conversion.

|

5/28/2018 8:26 PM

Looks like crap but I'll tell you one thing, the engine he's got in there is a lot better than the one it came with on the showroom floor.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/28/2018 9:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 9:35 PM

That looks like a 2006 RMZ 250 chassis.
I think the seller is correct.

|

5/28/2018 9:37 PM

Edit: I get it now..the SELLER didn’t know, lol

|

5/28/2018 10:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 10:10 PM

yeah, the seller thinks this is just an average 05 RM250. his ad mentions things like the aftermarket shift lever and ignition cover , and of course touches on the sheer speed of the thing, but makes no mention of the fact that it started life as a four stroke and is now actually running an older KTM200 engine. clueless

|

ride

5/29/2018 12:16 AM

The swingarm graphics ”Transformer 200” lol

|

5/29/2018 12:37 AM

I'd be interested. (at the right price)

Those 200 engines are a superb donk. It could be made into a good woods bike.

Certainly a lot better than the grenade engine it had in it originally.

|

5/29/2018 3:12 AM

That motor was probably the best thing that could ever happen to this old RMZ

|

5/29/2018 4:21 AM

I'd never buy a garage conversion.

|

5/29/2018 9:08 AM

I can't make out the name of the racing company on the graphics....I can clearly see it but what the hell does it say? Some of those letters get all jumbled up in the middle but it may answer some of the questions about who did the conversion since someone took the time to have custom graphics made and name it "Transformer 200"

They obviously knew what they were doing with the conversion, I know that doesn't sayuch about the QUALITY of the conversion but Judging from the graphics someone clearly had the intent of putting a 200 motor in this chassis it was just a garage conversion where they had a 200 motor laying around and decide to put in there this is purpose built

|

5/29/2018 9:59 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

I can't make out the name of the racing company on the graphics....I can clearly see it but what the hell does it say? Some of those letters get all jumbled up in the middle but it may answer some of the questions about who did the conversion since someone took the time to have custom graphics made and name it "Transformer 200"

They obviously knew what they were doing with the conversion, I know that doesn't sayuch about the QUALITY of the conversion but Judging from the graphics someone clearly had the intent of putting a 200 motor in this chassis it was just a garage conversion where they had a 200 motor laying around and decide to put in there this is purpose built

throlrold racing??

|

5/29/2018 10:15 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Graphics looks to have an old Ride PG logo. Which that company no longer exists.

|

5/29/2018 12:09 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

cbarber wrote:

throlrold racing??

Threlkeld

|

5/29/2018 4:35 PM

Honestly this bike isn’t as stupid as it’s owner. I loved my 2007 200 XCW, it was the perfect woods bike for me coming off an 85, raced it for 3 years. That engine in a Japanese bike with linkage and everything would be sick

|

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
2014 KTM 300SX
2003 Kawasaki KX500
Instagram: @MarkusUpdate

5/29/2018 4:44 PM

After riding the original(brother has one) and not knowing the quality of the conversion on this one, I can honestly say I would rather ride the converted one. Can't be any more of a gamble. I would bet top dollar it's more fun to ride and won't overheat in 5 minutes.

|

5/29/2018 7:31 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Andrew_Foster wrote:

Graphics looks to have an old Ride PG logo. Which that company no longer exists.

To quote my earlier post, here’s a pic of the old logo. Only reason I’m familiar with this is because I used to work there.
Photo

|