Crf 450rwe!!!!

Wolfey
12/29/2020 7:29pm

Looks like that wire mount at the bottom sticks out from my frame far enough to interfere with a stabilizer.
Meister
12/29/2020 7:45pm
Damn. I have one as well I wanted to slap on.

Are the last 3 of your vin 649? You know how long I've been trying to own a bike with a vin that matches my #...... Lol
Wolfey
12/29/2020 7:57pm
Meister wrote:
Damn. I have one as well I wanted to slap on. Are the last 3 of your vin 649? You know how long I've been trying...
Damn. I have one as well I wanted to slap on.

Are the last 3 of your vin 649? You know how long I've been trying to own a bike with a vin that matches my #...... Lol
Yep 649. Looks like I got your bike somehow.. lol. Since it is winter I went ahead and sent the suspension off to FC and should have it back on Monday. I only rode the bike for 20 minutes and I didn’t notice any bog but went ahead and had twisted remap the stock ecu. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of grease on all the linkage bearings and steering stem bearings.
Can’t wait for spring!
Meister
12/29/2020 8:36pm
Damn, that's crazy lol.. im jealous.. what are you having fc do? I'm thinking about going up a rate on both ends and trying stick valving.. I'll decide on the ecu after I get mine and ride it a little.. I read on fb that a guy called twisted and said they hadn't even actually had a WE in house yet and for now would only be flashing with their R mapping.. again, fb, so I don't know what truth there is it to.. I will check the grease throughout like I always do, but that's good to know.

The Shop

Wolfey
12/30/2020 4:04am
Mine isn’t the WE just the R. My son had the WE ordered from when they were announced with a deposit and Honda canceled the sale the day after thanksgiving. The day after thanksgiving he found the R and went and bought it for me !
On the suspension, FC says with the revalve ,spring rate was perfect for me (170-175 lbs).
When do you get yours?
Meister
12/30/2020 4:24am
I had a similar story but with an R. Money down since August, got the "should be any day" then a week and a half ago they got a 3/31 update from Honda. That wouldn't work because I wanna race Daytona and I had already sold my 17. This was at one of NE ohio's larger dealers. Thought it was a safe bet they'd get one. They were getting 1 WE and the owner apparently claimed it. Ended up stumbling on an unclaimed WE a few hours away and got a to good a deal to pass up. I'm picking it up tomorrow.
doright507
12/30/2020 4:49am
Meister wrote:
I had a similar story but with an R. Money down since August, got the "should be any day" then a week and a half ago...
I had a similar story but with an R. Money down since August, got the "should be any day" then a week and a half ago they got a 3/31 update from Honda. That wouldn't work because I wanna race Daytona and I had already sold my 17. This was at one of NE ohio's larger dealers. Thought it was a safe bet they'd get one. They were getting 1 WE and the owner apparently claimed it. Ended up stumbling on an unclaimed WE a few hours away and got a to good a deal to pass up. I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Good luck bud the bike is crispy!! Your going to love it, I started taking mine apart to grease the linkage and steering stem! Bike is a work of art man, good choice!
rjs3118
12/30/2020 6:10pm
Picked mine up on Christmas Eve. Pictures don't do this justice, this is the most beautiful bike I've ever seen.
Meister
12/31/2020 10:48am
Fyi

Five star powersports in Bradford PA has 1 WE and 1 R on the floor. Along with kx's, ktm's, and gasgas MC's coming (off-road models in stock).

Ask for Josh Maezzi. Absolutely great to deal with.
Meister
12/31/2020 3:57pm
Even tho right now it looks like most, here's my horrible horrible pos!

Wolfey
12/31/2020 4:06pm
Meister wrote:
Even tho right now it looks like most, here's my horrible horrible pos! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/31/469191/s1200_PXL_20201231_215233756.jpg[/img]

It’s a beaut Clark!!!!
Brent
12/31/2020 4:07pm
Meister wrote:
Even tho right now it looks like most, here's my horrible horrible pos! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/31/469191/s1200_PXL_20201231_215233756.jpg[/img]

Did you bring your bike in the house?

Looks like rubber mat flooring from a home gym, either that or most expensive garage floor Ive ever seen...

Wink
Wolfey
12/31/2020 4:12pm
So what are your plans as far as parts/changes ?
Meister
12/31/2020 5:12pm
Brent wrote:
Did you bring your bike in the house? Looks like rubber mat flooring from a home gym, either that or most expensive garage floor Ive ever...
Did you bring your bike in the house?

Looks like rubber mat flooring from a home gym, either that or most expensive garage floor Ive ever seen...

Wink
Lol, I have a walk out basement. I'm a painter by trade. It's actually not an epoxy or rubber mats. It's a magic potion of sherwin williams products that my rep suggested. I just refinished that side of the basement. Half for me for bikes and archery, and half for my kids gymnastics stuff. I plan to build a nice work space/bench against the wall behind the bike. My garage is full of kid crap, and it's not heated. Dont plan on living here forever so I'm not building a new garage. Making due.
Meister
12/31/2020 5:19pm
Wolfey wrote:
So what are your plans as far as parts/changes ?
I'm pulling plastic to keep new. I'm having graphics very similar made, just without the blue, and of course numbers and sponsors. Trying to keep it clean.

I also have ordered a dirt tricks zirconium 50t rear. I already have new flo jet fuel pegs. I always run cycra handguards because Ive broke too many fingers. Springs, tune, and mx3s tires. Tires mainly because I hate 120 rears and will switch to a 110. I'll likely get suckered into a little bling with caps/covers, possibly levers. I think that'll do for now. But then again, maybe hubs and xtrigs or atleast phds stock mounts? Who knows... Lol
Wolfey
12/31/2020 5:39pm

I just got some twin air filters and their power flow set up that eliminates the backfire screen. I prefer the traditional bolt system over the wire clamp setup .
Meister
12/31/2020 5:55pm
Nice! I will look into that as well. I haven't even looked at the air filter yet lol
Meister
12/31/2020 7:57pm
Any east coast tuners yet? A little apprehensive about sending my stuff across the country, but wanna get it tuned before I even ride it.
nick610s
1/2/2021 10:26am
Meister wrote:
Any east coast tuners yet? A little apprehensive about sending my stuff across the country, but wanna get it tuned before I even ride it.
Bad idea... my R didn’t settle in until I hit about 10 hours I just resprung for my weight at this point but now I know what I want in a revalve after putting time on it.
Meister
1/2/2021 10:34am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 10:35am
nick610s wrote:
Bad idea... my R didn’t settle in until I hit about 10 hours I just resprung for my weight at this point but now I know...
Bad idea... my R didn’t settle in until I hit about 10 hours I just resprung for my weight at this point but now I know what I want in a revalve after putting time on it.
I meant for a reflash.

I'm doing the same that you did with suspension.
1/2/2021 12:01pm
nick610s wrote:
Bad idea... my R didn’t settle in until I hit about 10 hours I just resprung for my weight at this point but now I know...
Meister wrote:
I meant for a reflash.

I don’t have one, but I thought the RWEs come with a custom tune to match the head mods and exhaust system? Why would you need to get it remapped? Does it have the same issue as the Rs?
Meister
1/2/2021 12:16pm
nick610s wrote:
Meister wrote:
I meant for a reflash.

I don’t have one, but I thought the RWEs come with a custom tune to match the head mods and exhaust system? Why would you need...
I don’t have one, but I thought the RWEs come with a custom tune to match the head mods and exhaust system? Why would you need to get it remapped? Does it have the same issue as the Rs?
It's being reported that some WE's do. I just figure I can't go wrong with a reflash anyway.
1/2/2021 12:26pm
Meister wrote:
I meant for a reflash.

I don’t have one, but I thought the RWEs come with a custom tune to match the head mods and exhaust system? Why would you need...
Meister wrote:
It's being reported that some WE's do. I just figure I can't go wrong with a reflash anyway.
Since Honda custom built a map to match the mods they did to the head on the RWE, you’d probably be better off trying it first to see if you like it before sending it out to have it reflashed. Unless the tuner has had an RWE to throw on the dyno, you might be better off with stock. You won’t know if you don’t try it.
nick610s
1/2/2021 12:56pm
nick610s wrote:
Meister wrote:
I meant for a reflash.

Ahh I got it.. I couldn’t not go at least break it in and then decide. lol. Everyone is so afraid of the mapping and I don’t know why! So much placebo effect!
Meister
1/2/2021 1:16pm
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it really, I just believe every bike could probably benefit from a map over stock. The stock map is produced to cover many ranges of fuel and such but I want it specifically for non ethanol 91-93.. If anything, it'll clean it up.. I won't send it to someone who hasn't had a WE though. I've heard places just using the R map they've come up with, which doesn't make any sense to me because of the pipe and whatever they actually do in the motor..
nick610s
1/2/2021 2:39pm
Meister wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it really, I just believe every bike could probably benefit from a map over stock. The stock map is produced...
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it really, I just believe every bike could probably benefit from a map over stock. The stock map is produced to cover many ranges of fuel and such but I want it specifically for non ethanol 91-93.. If anything, it'll clean it up.. I won't send it to someone who hasn't had a WE though. I've heard places just using the R map they've come up with, which doesn't make any sense to me because of the pipe and whatever they actually do in the motor..
I be would say find an east coast guy with the Honda setting tool that knows what they are doing because the WE is even more rare than the regular R.. so it may take a while.. but at least would ride first to see if there’s even an issue. Just my .02
1/2/2021 4:29pm
Wolfey wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/31/469203/s1200_image.jpg[/img] I just got some twin air filters and their power flow set up that eliminates the backfire screen. I prefer the traditional bolt system over...

I just got some twin air filters and their power flow set up that eliminates the backfire screen. I prefer the traditional bolt system over the wire clamp setup .
Hey Wolfey! I cant seem to find these anywhere, could you share with you got it please
Wolfey
1/2/2021 5:45pm
Wolfey wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/31/469203/s1200_image.jpg[/img] I just got some twin air filters and their power flow set up that eliminates the backfire screen. I prefer the traditional bolt system over...

mxrider118 wrote:
Hey Wolfey! I cant seem to find these anywhere, could you share with you got it please
Yep . www.dominuscorp.com
Took about a week or so to get them.

Post a reply to: Crf 450rwe!!!!

The Latest