12/23/2020 9:56pm
You’re gonna love it!
doright507
12/24/2020 6:54am
doright507 wrote:
I paid 14,300.00 cash in New York...
cloud41 wrote:
Lol ouch...
Yea it’s a lot of money, but if you add up the extras it’s well over the additional money your spend over stock. No buyers remorse here!

The Shop

Skuzzy29
12/24/2020 9:01am
doright507 wrote:
Lol I was in disbelief before listening to it!
The disbelief was that it's so dangerous to ride, he went 1-1!!! ...lol
hypermoto
12/24/2020 9:08am
Skuzzy29 wrote:
You gotta remember, vital members can feel the difference in frame flex with 1ft/lbs difference on their clutch perch.

Of course the CRF is dangerous and unridable to them
Meister
12/24/2020 9:20am
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
You gotta remember, vital members can feel the difference in frame flex with 1ft/lbs difference on their clutch perch. Of course the CRF is dangerous and...
You gotta remember, vital members can feel the difference in frame flex with 1ft/lbs difference on their clutch perch.

Well... What scared me a little was a pretty decent vital member that expressed concern who goes by the name of Renner.. hoping what he experienced was an isolated issue..
12/24/2020 9:35am
mxrider118 wrote:
paid 16k cash in Canada
greg570 wrote:
Few Ks more in remapping and suspension and you will be actually able to ride it... lol
LOL NOT WORRIED LOL..
12/24/2020 5:42pm
doright507 wrote:
Wow, I got a good deal. I paid $14,400 out the door here in Alberta, Canada. That includes the 5% tax. With the Canadian to American dollar exchange at about 30%, I did good.
doright507
12/24/2020 6:27pm
doright507 wrote:
hondaroger wrote:
Wow, I got a good deal. I paid $14,400 out the door here in Alberta, Canada. That includes the 5% tax. With the Canadian to American...
Wow, I got a good deal. I paid $14,400 out the door here in Alberta, Canada. That includes the 5% tax. With the Canadian to American dollar exchange at about 30%, I did good.
That’s an excellent deal OTD, congratulations on the new steed bud! I’m sure your in the same boat as me waiting to ride it lol though!!
12/24/2020 6:38pm
Thank you. You are correct, at least another two months recovery from surgery and then another two to three months for the snow to melt. I’ll be waiting on a ride report from you guys!
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
12/24/2020 7:10pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
You gotta remember, vital members can feel the difference in frame flex with 1ft/lbs difference on their clutch perch. Of course the CRF is dangerous and...

Yeah because everyone loves when a bike cuts out on the face of a jump, right? Know how I know this? Because it happened to me 3 times and my buddy more. There’s a big difference between Someone claiming to feel a minute change in something and a literal bike cut out. You’re right though, I probably should tell my buddy that’s not got decades of riding under his belt that everything is fine just go pin it.
mattbmx63
12/24/2020 7:13pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
Yeah because everyone loves when a bike cuts out on the face of a jump, right? Know how I know this? Because it happened to me...
Yeah because everyone loves when a bike cuts out on the face of a jump, right? Know how I know this? Because it happened to me 3 times and my buddy more. There’s a big difference between Someone claiming to feel a minute change in something and a literal bike cut out. You’re right though, I probably should tell my buddy that’s not got decades of riding under his belt that everything is fine just go pin it.
Any answers to what’s causing it?
doright507
12/24/2020 7:56pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
Yeah because everyone loves when a bike cuts out on the face of a jump, right? Know how I know this? Because it happened to me...
Hey Renner, I don’t doubt what’s going on with your buddies bike, i believe you 100 percent, and I think most of us do, maybe not all, but I speak for myself when I say, I think it might not be every bike that Honda produced. I mean I’ll be the first one to post about a problem, once I get on the bike, but don’t be mad at me for being optimistic after spending 14k on a dirt bike that could potentially have an ecu problem. Fingers are crossed that it just might be a certain amount that could be affected. Please let us know if you figure out the issue, thanks dude, Merry Christmas folks.
hypermoto
12/24/2020 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2020 9:29pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
Come on, you think Honda and all of their test riders gave the final stamp of approval to a bike that is dangerous to ride because it cuts out on jump faces?

It’s cutting out. Clearly an electrical issue. He may have a lemon, or better yet, some faulty electrical connection or part.

The “slight” bog these bikes have, is NOT a safety issue. As it happens so low in the rpm curve and is not significant at all. Most testers (basically all from what I’ve seen) seem to agree. Not once has any used the term “dangerous”.

Honda has sold A LOT of these bikes. If they were cutting out on jump faces hurting people, you’d know. You are the ONLY one I have seen or heard with this experience.
Meister
12/24/2020 10:09pm
Like I mentioned previously, I hope Renners buddies bike is something other than the mapping and its just something dumb that's wrong.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
12/25/2020 6:59am
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
doright507 wrote:
Hey Renner, I don’t doubt what’s going on with your buddies bike, i believe you 100 percent, and I think most of us do, maybe not...
Hey Renner, I don’t doubt what’s going on with your buddies bike, i believe you 100 percent, and I think most of us do, maybe not all, but I speak for myself when I say, I think it might not be every bike that Honda produced. I mean I’ll be the first one to post about a problem, once I get on the bike, but don’t be mad at me for being optimistic after spending 14k on a dirt bike that could potentially have an ecu problem. Fingers are crossed that it just might be a certain amount that could be affected. Please let us know if you figure out the issue, thanks dude, Merry Christmas folks.
I have 4 other buddies that have the R with no issues. I was talking to one yesterday and he said that Honda told him the first batch of bikes had that issue, but not all of them. I hope no one else’s bikes have this issue. He looked at it yesterday and thinks he may have found an issue. Just gonna wait until Monday when the shop opens back up to see what’s up and may call up twisted as well.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
12/25/2020 7:03am
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
Come on, you think Honda and all of their test riders gave the final stamp of approval to a bike that is dangerous to ride because...
Come on, you think Honda and all of their test riders gave the final stamp of approval to a bike that is dangerous to ride because it cuts out on jump faces?

It’s cutting out. Clearly an electrical issue. He may have a lemon, or better yet, some faulty electrical connection or part.

The “slight” bog these bikes have, is NOT a safety issue. As it happens so low in the rpm curve and is not significant at all. Most testers (basically all from what I’ve seen) seem to agree. Not once has any used the term “dangerous”.

Honda has sold A LOT of these bikes. If they were cutting out on jump faces hurting people, you’d know. You are the ONLY one I have seen or heard with this experience.
You’re so sensitive bro. Im just giving you the feedback from actually riding the bike. The “slight bog” these bikes have should be a major concerned for someone paying 12-14k for a bike. I know that my ktm has no “slight bog” in it. And yes, a slight bog when riding a local sx style track could be an issue for someone that doesn’t have the experience to deal with it properly.
cloud41
12/25/2020 7:18am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2020 7:21am
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
Come on, you think Honda and all of their test riders gave the final stamp of approval to a bike that is dangerous to ride because...

Ktm did it in 2016 when they had condensers shorting out. I had a 450 shut off 3rd gear WFO ramping down a hill. Sold it Immediately after the 3 months of warranty work. First year bikes are a crapshoot regardless of brand.
hypermoto
12/25/2020 7:37am
Renner153 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
You’re so sensitive bro. Im just giving you the feedback from actually riding the bike. The “slight bog” these bikes have should be a major concerned...
You’re so sensitive bro. Im just giving you the feedback from actually riding the bike. The “slight bog” these bikes have should be a major concerned for someone paying 12-14k for a bike. I know that my ktm has no “slight bog” in it. And yes, a slight bog when riding a local sx style track could be an issue for someone that doesn’t have the experience to deal with it properly.
Like I mentioned, I also rode the bike.

I’m not a Honda guy, never will be. But find it funny when people loyal to other brands really overexaggerate issues with one brand. Look, it’s not perfect. Neither is a KTM, or a Kawi, or a Suzuki, etc.

What you rode is clearly not the slight bog issue (some professional, national level testers, mentioned they don’t even notice the bog). It’s an electrical issue or an actual fuel delivery issue. Not mapping related.
Wolfey
12/25/2020 7:55am
Skuzzy29 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
I know we are talking 450s here but we purchased a 21 crf250r and had the same issue in the first 5 minutes of riding it. Ended up finding a ground screw bolt that mounted under the left side shroud had not been tightened firmly from the factory. When I found it all most backed completely out,I started the bike on the stand and pulled the bolt the rest of the way out and the bike immediately died.Tightened it back up and have 4 hours on it without any issue now. It could end up being something stupid like that.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
12/25/2020 8:22am
hypermoto wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
You’re so sensitive bro. Im just giving you the feedback from actually riding the bike. The “slight bog” these bikes have should be a major concerned...
hypermoto wrote:
Like I mentioned, I also rode the bike. I’m not a Honda guy, never will be. But find it funny when people loyal to other brands...
Like I mentioned, I also rode the bike.

I’m not a Honda guy, never will be. But find it funny when people loyal to other brands really overexaggerate issues with one brand. Look, it’s not perfect. Neither is a KTM, or a Kawi, or a Suzuki, etc.

What you rode is clearly not the slight bog issue (some professional, national level testers, mentioned they don’t even notice the bog). It’s an electrical issue or an actual fuel delivery issue. Not mapping related.
I’m actually currently riding his 2019 Honda 450, I was once sponsored by Honda for a few years, purchased two a few years ago. I actually love Honda’s. I was excited to ride the 2021, but after riding his, it’s dangerous. Hence why I started out originally asking how the bog was on others. Because his is not good. As I stated previously, I have a few other buddies with them and they haven’t said a word about it. I was just stating an issue we have on one so others are aware.
hititpind
12/25/2020 8:51am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2020 11:13am
hypermoto wrote:
Agreed Everyone talking about the “bog” have you ridden one? Last ride of the season I got to spin 5-6 laps on one. When i was...
Agreed

Everyone talking about the “bog” have you ridden one?

Last ride of the season I got to spin 5-6 laps on one. When i was on a sight lap, lugging the bike everywhere, there is a bit of a gurgle, but not once did I notice anything when I was doing normal laps on it. EVERY bike bogs or has a hesitation when you are in too high of a gear rolling around on a sight lap.

This “unridable bog” is such an exaggeration
I don’t think most new bikes bog. My 19 Kawi doesn’t bog. Either does my buddies 20 Yamaha. Trey Canard even talked about how bad it was the other Day. It sounds like it can be fixed, but to say it’s normal when it isn’t.
hypermoto
12/25/2020 9:09am
hypermoto wrote:
Agreed Everyone talking about the “bog” have you ridden one? Last ride of the season I got to spin 5-6 laps on one. When i was...
Agreed

Last ride of the season I got to spin 5-6 laps on one. When i was on a sight lap, lugging the bike everywhere, there is a bit of a gurgle, but not once did I notice anything when I was doing normal laps on it. EVERY bike bogs or has a hesitation when you are in too high of a gear rolling around on a sight lap.

hititpind wrote:
I don’t think most new bikes bog. My 19 Kawi doesn’t bog. Either does my buddies 20 Yamaha. Trey Canard even talked about how bad it...
I don’t think most new bikes bog. My 19 Kawi doesn’t bog. Either does my buddies 20 Yamaha. Trey Canard even talked about how bad it was the other Day. It sounds like it can be fixed, but to say it’s normal when it isn’t.
Do the situation I said and it’ll hesitate or bog. Put your 450 in 3rd, and putt around a corner slowly then go full throttle. It won’t instantly be screaming. That’s how the new Honda is, for a split millisecond at very very low rpm, that unless you are riding SX, you would never be in.

I get if you are a Supercross racer, it’s not ideal. But the slight rich bog is fixable, and nobody racing SX isn’t putting a few thousand into suspension, so what’s $250 to send your ignition into vertex? It shouldn’t be mandatory, but it is (if you want to race SX).

Do people forget we used carb’s for 10+ years on 4 strokes? They all had a bog that got worse the hotter the bike got. Ask guys that raced SX on them. But it was what it was. People still rode. The MX community has become such delicate flowers. Bikes that don’t have INSTANT 60 hp at 1rpm are unridable. Forks slightly stiff? Unridable. Tires not MX33’s? Unridable. Yet we talk about bringing 2 strokes back. The most raw MX bikes made. Fuck man...
H4L
12/25/2020 10:41am
hypermoto wrote:
Agreed

hititpind wrote:
I don’t think most new bikes bog. My 19 Kawi doesn’t bog. Either does my buddies 20 Yamaha. Trey Canard even talked about how bad it...
hypermoto wrote:
Do the situation I said and it’ll hesitate or bog. Put your 450 in 3rd, and putt around a corner slowly then go full throttle. It...
Do the situation I said and it’ll hesitate or bog. Put your 450 in 3rd, and putt around a corner slowly then go full throttle. It won’t instantly be screaming. That’s how the new Honda is, for a split millisecond at very very low rpm, that unless you are riding SX, you would never be in.

I get if you are a Supercross racer, it’s not ideal. But the slight rich bog is fixable, and nobody racing SX isn’t putting a few thousand into suspension, so what’s $250 to send your ignition into vertex? It shouldn’t be mandatory, but it is (if you want to race SX).

Do people forget we used carb’s for 10+ years on 4 strokes? They all had a bog that got worse the hotter the bike got. Ask guys that raced SX on them. But it was what it was. People still rode. The MX community has become such delicate flowers. Bikes that don’t have INSTANT 60 hp at 1rpm are unridable. Forks slightly stiff? Unridable. Tires not MX33’s? Unridable. Yet we talk about bringing 2 strokes back. The most raw MX bikes made. Fuck man...
Chill out Nancy.. It's Christmas ! Wink
hypermoto
12/25/2020 11:18am
hititpind wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
Do the situation I said and it’ll hesitate or bog. Put your 450 in 3rd, and putt around a corner slowly then go full throttle. It...

H4L wrote:
Chill out Nancy.. It's Christmas ! Wink
Correct, and people got these bikes for Christmas. I don’t want them coming on Vital and reading the thing is unridable and dangerous.

Merry Christmas
Bogett287
12/25/2020 11:26am
I have to 21 r and it had the stock box remapped and I think it pulls longer too end then the vortex I have . I will be sending my vortex back to twisted devolpement this week coming .they have better maps now I can’t wait to ride it after the cortex is remapped since I have a full Yoshimura now .

Post a reply to: Crf 450rwe!!!!

The Latest