Crf 250 2018 vs 2019

Edited Date/Time 10/28/2018 2:46pm
Question had led you do the new one crf250 2019
It is really better than last year's model I always talk about the engine
I have read somewhere that this also has a problem in low mid It is a bit better but not a substantial difference
|
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/27/2018 2:48pm
Hot topic lately. In short, 18 has issues and someone posted merge racing dyno runs of 19 crf and yzf, where the yz had +3 hp or so.
usafwx
10/27/2018 3:15pm
18 has some known issues Honda addressed with the 19. I'd go with the 19.
NoMuff2Tuff
10/27/2018 4:31pm
Until a test is done on the bike, a shootout and all bikes dyno'ed together it'll just be a he said she said deal. I'm not saying it's not true but I seriously doubt the YZF will be 3+ HP more then the Honda stock for stock. Just hope Honda gets the bottom and mid better because it did rev and make good upper power. Both are great bikes and the Yamaha stepped up there game with there 19. The shootouts should be interesting
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/27/2018 5:05pm
Until a test is done on the bike, a shootout and all bikes dyno'ed together it'll just be a he said she said deal. I'm not...
Until a test is done on the bike, a shootout and all bikes dyno'ed together it'll just be a he said she said deal. I'm not saying it's not true but I seriously doubt the YZF will be 3+ HP more then the Honda stock for stock. Just hope Honda gets the bottom and mid better because it did rev and make good upper power. Both are great bikes and the Yamaha stepped up there game with there 19. The shootouts should be interesting
That's exactly what was done between the CRF and YZF, same dyno same day.

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
10/27/2018 5:13pm
How Did the 18 win some shootouts and finish 2nd in several, surprising with as bad as people make it sound , I've never ridden one personally but from reading here on vital it seems like people have a bad opinion of the 18 model
NoMuff2Tuff
10/27/2018 6:08pm
Until a test is done on the bike, a shootout and all bikes dyno'ed together it'll just be a he said she said deal. I'm not...
seth505 wrote:
I just looked up the dyno curve and numbers from Merge. If that's the case Honda still has some home work to do on the motor especially in the mid. 38.6 compared to Yamaha's 41.0, 2.4 HP is a good bit. The 19 Honda looks about the same as the 18 HP graphs. Dyno's shouldn't be the sole purpose on making a decision on a bikes performance, its the whole package but some people will take dyno numbers and run with them and use that as the main reason to purchase a particular bike. I'm a Honda rider but I like what I've been seeing with Yamaha the last few years. Every race I go to it seems the Yamaha yzf250's are the majority bike in those classes.
kiwifan
10/27/2018 6:32pm
Tarz483 wrote:
How Did the 18 win some shootouts and finish 2nd in several, surprising with as bad as people make it sound , I've never ridden one...
How Did the 18 win some shootouts and finish 2nd in several, surprising with as bad as people make it sound , I've never ridden one personally but from reading here on vital it seems like people have a bad opinion of the 18 model
The bike has a extremely good chassis and suspension, the only weak point was the motor down low (and the clutch basket)....that dyno report was interesting but the CRF was brand new never been on a track, much better to run a bike it properly and a race or two before seeing how much HP or torque it makes.
Racer111
10/27/2018 6:36pm
I’ve ridden both and there isn’t much difference. Screams up top and begs down low. I’m not a Yamaha fan, but the YZ250F is great up top and way better down low than the Honda.
10/27/2018 8:44pm
My son have crf 250 with vortex ,air filter kit and Yoshi exhaust
The engine goes better bit lower to stock but nothing special
A Month ago ride the yzf250 2019 not impressed by this engine is better to Honda in low mid but not the top
Really powerful engine has only KTM ,Husky
Now I'm thinking of buying the new Honda but I really do not know if it's worth it
usafwx
10/27/2018 8:48pm
I dont think anyone is sayng its a bad bike. But just like most first year bikes and being a all new dual cam, it had some issues. Clutch basket recall, oil starvation up top causing cams to lock up, overheating on some bikes. If you look at the 19 press release updates you can see where Honda addressed these issues. I would just stay clear of the 18 to avoid the headaches and go with the 19.
10/27/2018 9:00pm
I have solved these problems
Hinson clutch basket and 1,8 radiator cup from Ktm 2018
New crf 250 2019 is 500 euro more accurate than last year (factory price)
7600 euro 2018 8100euro 2019
Because there is a big stock from last year's models, the price for the 18 is close to 7000 €
Used sold about 5500-5800
I do not know if it is worth spending around 2500 € to get the new model
usafwx
10/27/2018 9:18pm
Sounds like you have your answer minus the oil starvation up top which I think some guys were adding more oil to help with that. Good luck. Still a great bike.
brocsdad
10/27/2018 10:26pm
seth505 wrote:
Though the CRF curve nose dives way sooner than 14k rpm where all of the 18 dynos showed the CRF revving all the way to 14k. Wait and see what the tests show.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/28/2018 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2018 2:09pm
seth505 wrote:
I just looked up the dyno curve and numbers from Merge. If that's the case Honda still has some home work to do on the motor...
I just looked up the dyno curve and numbers from Merge. If that's the case Honda still has some home work to do on the motor especially in the mid. 38.6 compared to Yamaha's 41.0, 2.4 HP is a good bit. The 19 Honda looks about the same as the 18 HP graphs. Dyno's shouldn't be the sole purpose on making a decision on a bikes performance, its the whole package but some people will take dyno numbers and run with them and use that as the main reason to purchase a particular bike. I'm a Honda rider but I like what I've been seeing with Yamaha the last few years. Every race I go to it seems the Yamaha yzf250's are the majority bike in those classes.
Ya, personally I'd rather a bike (chassis) I'm comfortable on and do some mods/tinkering to get more power out of it than just go with the most HP.
That said, as far as dyno findings go, I'd rather pay attention to good engine builders over shootouts. Shootouts dyno all the bikes at the same time which is needed but they are relying on the shop for expertise and just report the findings to us.
10/28/2018 2:46pm
This crf has an amazing frame a fantastic forks a very good shock absorber and a wrong designed engine that is built to work only high is constructively wrong
My opinion that changes and to make the motor will not have a bottom mid power

Post a reply to: Crf 250 2018 vs 2019

The Latest