Credit where its due

Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
3/14/2018 3:14am
This thread is give credit where its due, for anything in the industry actually.

For me, I need to give credit to FELD and the track crew for making probably best tracks in a decade (besides A2). Every week the tracks have been challenging, interesting and created really really good racing.

And St Louis looks incredible as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSYxgIXEjtM

Credit Where its due guys
|
yz133rider
3/14/2018 7:32am
Yes tracks are extremely effective at removing half the field by round 7. Most effective so far.
Donk122
3/16/2018 5:57pm
yz133rider wrote:
Yes tracks are extremely effective at removing half the field by round 7. Most effective so far.
Yah that technical track sure got roczen... and oooh that standard triple that Barcia didn't jump was all because of the track. Dude come on..
CASH476
3/16/2018 6:47pm
"But 450s make it too easy to do the jumps, even the 250s can do them now. Back in the day only a few 125 riders could triple, racing was better back then"

A couple of 450 riders get landed on doubling - "Tracks are stupid, causing too many injuries" Huh

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/16/2018 6:54pm
Not the Tracks imo
The tracks have been good
Bikes have just gotten too fast imo
Even if you took today's bikes and rode tracks from 10 yrs ago or 20 yrs ago
They would be flying on these bikes just the same
It's just evolution .
But I wish everyone had to run stock motors
They are still fast
But would slow it down a little
And everyone would have equal power
Which I think is a benefit too
slipdog
3/16/2018 7:16pm
I must give credit where credit is due...
And, at the same time, make known to you...
Because when you see is when you will believe...
That there is not another DJ with cuts like these!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/16/2018 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2018 9:07pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Not the Tracks imo The tracks have been good Bikes have just gotten too fast imo Even if you took today's bikes and rode tracks from...
Not the Tracks imo
It's just evolution .
They are still fast
Yeah they are fast...

They could always add a few EnduroCross obstacles to slow them down some lol.
I wonder how pissed the teams/riders would be if they showed up at A1 and there was a giant water crossing and a log section after the first corner and a rock section before the finish?

Maybe they should try it at the MEC sometime - might even evolve the sport more. Laughing

May sound ridiculous but you never know....could make for closer racing and slow them down some.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
3/20/2018 1:57am
Tarz483 wrote:
Not the Tracks imo The tracks have been good Bikes have just gotten too fast imo Even if you took today's bikes and rode tracks from...
Not the Tracks imo
It's just evolution .
They are still fast
Personally I think they should limit the 250s as well to make more of a difference between the classes.

In reality its not Power thats the issue, its the tractability that goes with the current machines. 500 2 strokes had just as much power but it couldnt be harnessed around a supercross track. The 450s can harness the power unlike anything else and without impeccable technique turn it into insane speed. No longer do we riders need to choose between power and tractability/easy to ridedness, they can have them both.

Is that bad? I dont really know. Does it actully contribute to injuries? Maybe i dont know.

I wonder if Rokzen could he stayed that close through the whoopsie doozies to attempt the pass on a 250 2 stroke? Would their have been enough acceration/traction to throw his hand off the clutch? Would he have consistently jumped the rhythm section that put him down in 2017 without the broad tractable power getting him over it every time?

It seems to be less about outright speed and more about the tractability ensuring the riders can generate and maintain speed even when the conditions are dangerous. This then potentially causes mistakes that dont seem to have anything to do with outright engine power or ground speed.

Bassically an 80hp cr500 2 stroke would have a slower ground speed in almost all areas of the track than the traction controlled 450 4 stroke with 60hp.

How do you fix that? I dono tbh.

Post a reply to: Credit where its due

The Latest