Credit where credit is due.

McG194
I have been very critical of Eli in the past, mostly because he has ridiculous speed but hasn't put a championship season together yet. The problem has always seemed to me and many others to be mental.

Well watching the race Sunday when Eli got passed by Webb and Roczen Eli had a bit of a bobble and my first thought was "Well, Eli gonna Eli" and I assumed that he would pull out a patented Eli 10th place WTF race.

You could almost see him shake off his screw up and refuse to get sucked into another head scratcher performance. Then he pulls the good kind of "Eli's gonna Eli" and had a dominant performance.

If Eli gets his first SX title this year that in my eyes is the defining moment. Time to prove what you are Eli.
|
6/2/2020 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 4:42pm
McG194 wrote:
I have been very critical of Eli in the past, mostly because he has ridiculous speed but hasn't put a championship season together yet. The problem...
I have been very critical of Eli in the past, mostly because he has ridiculous speed but hasn't put a championship season together yet. The problem has always seemed to me and many others to be mental.

Well watching the race Sunday when Eli got passed by Webb and Roczen Eli had a bit of a bobble and my first thought was "Well, Eli gonna Eli" and I assumed that he would pull out a patented Eli 10th place WTF race.

You could almost see him shake off his screw up and refuse to get sucked into another head scratcher performance. Then he pulls the good kind of "Eli's gonna Eli" and had a dominant performance.

If Eli gets his first SX title this year that in my eyes is the defining moment. Time to prove what you are Eli.
Did he not prove himself when he won 3 straight Motocross titles?

But yeah, an SX title would be the cherry on top, but I don't think anyone is doubting his authenticity as a racer
McG194
6/2/2020 5:16pm
McG194 wrote:
I have been very critical of Eli in the past, mostly because he has ridiculous speed but hasn't put a championship season together yet. The problem...

Did he not prove himself when he won 3 straight Motocross titles? But yeah, an SX title would be the cherry on top, but I don't...

But yeah, an SX title would be the cherry on top, but I don't think anyone is doubting his authenticity as a racer
No, even though 3 straight mx titles are gnarly as hell he hasn't proven himself yet.

So far in his career on the biggest stages he has failed.

In levels of prestige of events he has competed in Supercross is top then MXdN and then Outdoor Nationals. Riders train for outdoors the moment the checkered flag falls on the last SX race of the season until the last national. The other 8 and a half months is all about SX.

There is no denying that he has not come up big when it mattered in the biggest series/race. I don't really consider myself a fanboy or hater of any racer I legit like to see excellence and hope he wins it all. So far in his career I have been a skeptic. I'm a fan of American moto and would love to have the best in the world come from the US or at least be racing in a US based series.
kkawboy14
6/2/2020 5:20pm
McG194 wrote:

Classy!
aeffertz
6/2/2020 5:21pm
McG194 wrote:
No, even though 3 straight mx titles are gnarly as hell he hasn't proven himself yet. So far in his career on the biggest stages he...
No, even though 3 straight mx titles are gnarly as hell he hasn't proven himself yet.

In levels of prestige of events he has competed in Supercross is top then MXdN and then Outdoor Nationals. Riders train for outdoors the moment the checkered flag falls on the last SX race of the season until the last national. The other 8 and a half months is all about SX.

There is no denying that he has not come up big when it mattered in the biggest series/race. I don't really consider myself a fanboy or hater of any racer I legit like to see excellence and hope he wins it all. So far in his career I have been a skeptic. I'm a fan of American moto and would love to have the best in the world come from the US or at least be racing in a US based series.
Hasn’t proven himself as what? A professional racer? An elite talent? If Eli didn’t win this title, you would view him as a failure?

Don’t you think you’re being a bit critical?

The Shop

Tuna
6/2/2020 5:25pm
McG194 wrote:

Did he not prove himself when he won 3 straight Motocross titles? But yeah, an SX title would be the cherry on top, but I don't...

McG194 wrote:
No, even though 3 straight mx titles are gnarly as hell he hasn't proven himself yet. So far in his career on the biggest stages he...

You have a pretty ridiculous idea of what failure is.
I bet you think Hearlings is a failure as well😂
Maybe you should clarify that he failed to win certain races and events. Just being there and racing sounds like success to me. I’m not an Eli fan but I think when it comes to being one of the fastest offroad racers in the world, it’s safe to say there is no doubt he is massive success.
kkawboy14
6/2/2020 5:27pm
He was judging him based on no sx championships. Relax
bvm111
6/2/2020 5:36pm
pretty sure his bank account doesn’t give two shits what you think of his career, and pretty sure he doesn’t give two shits about your career either. 🤦‍♂️
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/2/2020 5:37pm
Well hell, I bet Tomac will be able to sleep at night now that he has makmcguires approval. Laughing
dimetime
6/2/2020 6:05pm
Good lord, settle down fellers. ET3 paying y'all to protect him on the internet?

It's not a leap of logic to think Eli might be a little bummed he hasn't wrapped one up yet. It is a little disappointing. He's fast as fuck and has been in the mix but never finished it out with a championship.

I think he may actually concede it was a disappointment not get one if he ends up not getting one over his long career.

He sure as hell doesn't need anyone's approval of his career but yeah, a solid final tally to any riders long list of championship should include a 450 SX title.

Hell there are people on this board that think Dungey was a waste because he simply won titles instead of worrying about being the fastest guy on the track. Some of you guys aren't all the consistent in your bitching about riders.
McG194
6/2/2020 6:07pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Well hell, I bet Tomac will be able to sleep at night now that he has makmcguires approval. Laughing
You're right, no one cares about Eli not winning a SX title yet. No idea why I brought it up.

Yes I do, I brought it up because he faced some adversity and responded like a champion does and not wilting like he has before so I wanted to bring attention to the fact that although I have been critical I have an open mind and when I see something impressive I will say it. I was pre-admitting to being wrong if he indeed holds on and wins the title.
McG194
6/2/2020 6:13pm
Tuna wrote:
You have a pretty ridiculous idea of what failure is. I bet you think Hearlings is a failure as well😂 Maybe you should clarify that he...
Maybe you should clarify that he failed to win certain races and events. Just being there and racing sounds like success to me. I’m not an Eli fan but I think when it comes to being one of the fastest offroad racers in the world, it’s safe to say there is no doubt he is massive success.
I don't think I ever called him a failure. I did bring up the fact that up until now he has failed in the most prestigious series he races in.

There is a good chance that not only is he one of the fastest offroad racers in the world he very well may be the fastest. There is a huge difference between being the fastest and being a champion.
Alex.434
6/2/2020 6:27pm
I love how you literally can't offer anything resembling criticism of a rider on this board. The Plessenger thread is another example. No matter how it's worded, no matter how constructive... PITCHFORKS TO OP.

Look they are all 'really cool guys' and 'way faster than you'll ever be' and 'are making that sweet money' but at the end of the day having discussions about riders, their successes, their shortcomings, and our opinions on those topics is no reason to constantly screech about how unjust and unwarranted said discussions are.

I can assure you, from past professional experience, those making the decisions (team managers, team sponsors, etc) are ruthless in their criticisms. RUTH-LESS.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/2/2020 6:30pm
lostboy819 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
You're right, no one cares about Eli not winning a SX title yet. No idea why I brought it up. Yes I do, I brought it...
You're right, no one cares about Eli not winning a SX title yet. No idea why I brought it up.

Yes I do, I brought it up because he faced some adversity and responded like a champion does and not wilting like he has before so I wanted to bring attention to the fact that although I have been critical I have an open mind and when I see something impressive I will say it. I was pre-admitting to being wrong if he indeed holds on and wins the title.
Its not that no ones cares if Tomac has not won a SX title, its you thinking that it matters THAT you have not been giving him credit in the past.
kkawboy14
6/2/2020 7:00pm
He just stated in his latest interview it bums him out that he doesn’t have a 450 Championship
TeamGreen
6/2/2020 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 8:20pm
Is it just me or are there some Super-Sensitive Eli fans?
Laughing

I thought that was just like “Eli back at Honda” dominant on Sunday. When he passed? Well...you better duck! I mean damn. He was ON IT!

And like the OP said,”Mistakes be damned! I’m winning’ this!”
KTMBRO362
Fantasy
3237th
6/2/2020 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 7:16pm
If Eli is a failure, I’m fucked
ktmdan
6/2/2020 7:47pm
Power slide right into a manual over that first roller out of the turn was so wicked smooth.
7I3N
6/2/2020 8:18pm
ktmdan wrote:
Power slide right into a manual over that first roller out of the turn was so wicked smooth.
Right?!? That was so bad ass.
str8line
6/2/2020 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 8:41pm
Eli was about flawless. Cooper seems really ready. And I've got Kenny possibly geting beat by those two a few more times.

If Eli gets the outdoors title this year and wraps up Supercross and he'll have a lot of championships.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/2/2020 8:40pm
Well at least there isn't a "open letter to Eli Tomac " thread yet.Cool
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/2/2020 8:46pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
He just stated in his latest interview it bums him out that he doesn’t have a 450 Championship
No shit ? I bet Kroc and Marvin and and bunch of other top riders are bummed they dont have one either,isn't that what they are all racing for to begin with? I would rather see Kroc win it this year. Cool
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
6/3/2020 2:17am
So if Eli don’t win the SX title he’s a failure?? HUHHHH???? Any dude racing dirt bikes for a living isn’t a failure. Let alone the guys that can retire and not work a single day ever. Kenny isn’t a failure. Tomac for sure isn’t a failure. I can’t with some people LaughingLaughing
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
6/3/2020 2:19am
KTMBRO362 wrote:
If Eli is a failure, I’m fucked
We’re all fucked. None of us have as much money as him and we’re over here talking about Tomac on a message board and he’s riding his dirt bike for a living Laughing
Tuna
6/3/2020 3:36am
Tuna wrote:
You have a pretty ridiculous idea of what failure is. I bet you think Hearlings is a failure as well😂 Maybe you should clarify that he...
McG194 wrote:
I don't think I ever called him a failure. I did bring up the fact that up until now he has failed in the most prestigious...
I don't think I ever called him a failure. I did bring up the fact that up until now he has failed in the most prestigious series he races in.

There is a good chance that not only is he one of the fastest offroad racers in the world he very well may be the fastest. There is a huge difference between being the fastest and being a champion.

You wrote the above words. Not sure how else someone can look at that. If you don’t want to be misunderstood you should be clearer with your words.
Failed to win a championship? Maybe so. Failed? that’s pretty subjective. I have failed to reach certain milestones or goals in my life so far but I am far from a failure. I’ve been pretty successful if you base success on the stereotypical bench marks most people use to judge success.
Regardless, I get what your saying, I just think you failed to express it successfully😂
Crush
6/3/2020 4:02am
He’s had three or four races this year where it could have gone to shit and Atlanta was maybe the worst, still a 4th or 5th? He’s gonna get it done I think.
McG194
6/3/2020 5:18am
Tuna wrote:
So far in his career on the biggest stages he has failed. You wrote the above words. Not sure how else someone can look at that...

You wrote the above words. Not sure how else someone can look at that. If you don’t want to be misunderstood you should be clearer with your words.
Failed to win a championship? Maybe so. Failed? that’s pretty subjective. I have failed to reach certain milestones or goals in my life so far but I am far from a failure. I’ve been pretty successful if you base success on the stereotypical bench marks most people use to judge success.
Regardless, I get what your saying, I just think you failed to express it successfully😂
It is quite possible to fail but not be a failure. We all at some point fail as we are striving to achieve something, Edison failed over 100 times inventing the lightbulb. Was he a failure? Obviously no.

Fail: (verb) To be unsuccessful in achieving ones goal.

Failure: (noun) Lack of success
mxb2
6/3/2020 6:52am
Alot of big name, high paid riders dont have a sx title and dont have tomacs resume.
berm surfer
6/3/2020 7:09am
McG194 wrote:

Your saying Eli hasn't proven himself?? You are one lame dude, no doubt. Sell your dirtbike if you even have one. Carry on..

Post a reply to: Credit where credit is due.

The Latest