Creating The Next Generation Of Riders...

Zoom
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 2:00pm
That is the Mission Statement of STACYC.

STACYC (Pronounced Stay Sick) The name comes from what the product is, STAbility CYCle. Click on the link below to see the STACYC website.

STACYC Website

Full disclosure, I recently accepted a Regional Sales position from Stacyc, and just returned from our first national sales meeting. Yes, I'm drinking the cool aid!

I'm not new to the industry, I have been around a while. Struggling pro back in the 80's, that made several SX night shows and did qualify for an outdoor national, while working at motorcycle dealerships. Hung up the boots and got married. Got on as a District Manager for Parts Unlimited in '89 and stayed with them until 2017. Took a chance and left that very stable job to join a Silicon Valley start up, Alta. Was Regional Manager for Alta for a year and a half before they shut down. Throughout my career I have been a published reporter for Cycle News, Moto Playground, The Pickle, Finish Line and Parts Magazine. Have also been a motocross trainer part time for the last 25 years. Announced a few Houston SX, some Arenacross along with other key events and still do.

Enough about me, here is the deal about Stacyc.

The creation of Stacyc is an incredible story about a dad (Ryan Ragland) who was a former R&D manager for KTM, that thought of an easier way for his 4 year old to learn how to ride a motorcycle. That was 2014. Fast forward to 2019 and there are Stacyc dealers sprouting up all over the nation and bikes sold out at many locations.

Over the last year all of the manufactures have noticed Stacyc and have made offers to partner with them. All of them wanted Stacyc to private label it into their brand. All except for one. Most of you probably know that Harley Davidson purchased Stacyc earlier this year. Harley recognized that this product has the potential to bring a generation of riders to motorized two wheel riding at an early age and then a life time, like most of you that are reading this. Stacyc branded product will be in none Harley stores and Harley branded product in Harley dealerships. The models will be the same, just have Stacyc graphics in none Harley stores and have Harley graphics in Harley stores.

Its extremely rare that a adult walks into a motorcycle dealership for the first time and buys a motorcycle. Most of us where introduced to 2 wheeled motorcycles or mini bikes at an early age. That simply is not happening today enough. Below are some of the reasons how Stacyc will help to change that and get young riders on motorized two wheel fun.

-Easy to fit on. Riders sit flat footed and can push the bike before they engage with the throttle. PW-50 or CRF-50 are around 100lbs (Stacyc is under 20lbs) and kids have to tip toe, or use training wheels. We all know that training wheels give riders a false since of balance. Once the rider is ready, there are three modes that the parents can turn on. 5mph, 7 mph, 11-12mph. Note...I have witnessed through the years, families coming in a dealership to size their kid for a bike and because they can't touch the ground or hold up the bike they become discouraged and leave.

-Since they are electric, they can be ridden many places that don't upset the neighborhood or business community. Disclaimer, this is NOT a push for electric motorcycles.

-Affordable. $649 for the 12 inch and $699 for the 16 inch. PW-50 or CRF-50 are between $1500-$2000 out the door.

-Once the family see's the fun factor and other benefits of being outside and together as a family, there is a better chance they come back in and upgrade, or get other family members on a motorcycle.

-Available only and quality motorcycle dealers around the nation. This forces the family into a motorcycle dealership and introduces them to the whole line of motorcycles available from that brand.

-The long term benefit is really the best part of the equation. People will be having fun on two wheels at an early age. Even if they only ride for a few years, they are more likely to once again return to the lifestyle of motorcycling as they get older.

As I said, I'm drinking the cool aid. Not just because I'm working for the company, but because I have had the passion of motorcycling my entire life and know the benefits that it brings to the quality of life. I still ride, my wife and three kids ride or have ridden. The fact is that our family has spent the majority of weekends together for the past 30 years. Without motorcycles, I don't know if that would have happened.
|
SEE ARE125
6/9/2019 8:15am
I think the question we all want to know is when will the bikes be back in stock?
Zoom
6/9/2019 8:39am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I think the question we all want to know is when will the bikes be back in stock?
There is a shipment due in about two weeks, mid June. Then another shipment due in towards the end of June. Those will fill all existing back orders. Then a mother load shipment due in August.
dgmx
6/9/2019 8:44am
My daughter started riding one at 3 and a half and LOVES IT....I’m totally behind what the company is doing.
mikie44
6/9/2019 8:47am
I'm looking forward to getting the little guy on a Stacyc! It's the perfect way to bridge the gap between his Strider and first motorcycle.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
6/9/2019 8:59am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Zoom wrote:
There is a shipment due in about two weeks, mid June. Then another shipment due in towards the end of June. Those will fill all existing...
There is a shipment due in about two weeks, mid June. Then another shipment due in towards the end of June. Those will fill all existing back orders. Then a mother load shipment due in August.
Thank you. My son’s birthday is in Sept so that will work well. I was hoping to get one sooner though while the weather was still warm. Is there a way to order one now to ensure I get one in August? Or just do the “notify me when available” on your website?
CivBars
6/9/2019 9:47am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Zoom wrote:
There is a shipment due in about two weeks, mid June. Then another shipment due in towards the end of June. Those will fill all existing...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thank you. My son’s birthday is in Sept so that will work well. I was hoping to get one sooner though while the weather was still...
Thank you. My son’s birthday is in Sept so that will work well. I was hoping to get one sooner though while the weather was still warm. Is there a way to order one now to ensure I get one in August? Or just do the “notify me when available” on your website?
https://www.aeopowersports.com/

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

They sold out of the 16in but had 12in in stock when we got ours. We haven't even had to recharge the battery yet. We went to the West Valley location and they might be willing to ship it to you. I'd call and see what's available.
SEE ARE125
6/9/2019 10:11am
Zoom wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thank you. My son’s birthday is in Sept so that will work well. I was hoping to get one sooner though while the weather was still...
CivBars wrote:
[url=https://www.aeopowersports.com/]https://www.aeopowersports.com/[/url] (623) 561-1247 West (480) 981-4070 East They sold out of the 16in but had 12in in stock when we got ours. We haven't even had...

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

They sold out of the 16in but had 12in in stock when we got ours. We haven't even had to recharge the battery yet. We went to the West Valley location and they might be willing to ship it to you. I'd call and see what's available.
Thanks, I went to a local dealer who was listed on Stacyc’s site but they didn’t have anything. I’ll check out the links you provided. The 12in is the one I’m looking for.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/9/2019 10:21am
I'm a supporter. I am 100% on board with the Strider idea and these bikes are the next logical step. My kids are too big now, but I'd definitely have considered one a few years ago.
CivBars
6/9/2019 10:40am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
CivBars wrote:
[url=https://www.aeopowersports.com/]https://www.aeopowersports.com/[/url] (623) 561-1247 West (480) 981-4070 East They sold out of the 16in but had 12in in stock when we got ours. We haven't even had...

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thanks, I went to a local dealer who was listed on Stacyc’s site but they didn’t have anything. I’ll check out the links you provided. The...
Thanks, I went to a local dealer who was listed on Stacyc’s site but they didn’t have anything. I’ll check out the links you provided. The 12in is the one I’m looking for.
The website basically says they only have Husky's in stock in Mesa (East). The Peoria (West) store had a Husky on the showroom floor but is more or less a parts and service location. Mesa is the main Dealership. I don't know how current the online inventory is but they didn't have any Stacyc's listed online but definitely had them when we were there . The Peoria location was fully stocked with 12in and 16in Stacyc's about a month ago. It's a bummer that they're closed today and the online inventory isn't up to date but if I have time this week, I'll stop in and see what the scoop is on everything. If I were you, I'd call tomorrow morning at 10am and see. They're pretty willing to help however they can. Good luck!
Zoom
6/9/2019 10:55am
CivBars wrote:

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thanks, I went to a local dealer who was listed on Stacyc’s site but they didn’t have anything. I’ll check out the links you provided. The...
CivBars wrote:
The website basically says they only have Husky's in stock in Mesa (East). The Peoria (West) store had a Husky on the showroom floor but is...
The website basically says they only have Husky's in stock in Mesa (East). The Peoria (West) store had a Husky on the showroom floor but is more or less a parts and service location. Mesa is the main Dealership. I don't know how current the online inventory is but they didn't have any Stacyc's listed online but definitely had them when we were there . The Peoria location was fully stocked with 12in and 16in Stacyc's about a month ago. It's a bummer that they're closed today and the online inventory isn't up to date but if I have time this week, I'll stop in and see what the scoop is on everything. If I were you, I'd call tomorrow morning at 10am and see. They're pretty willing to help however they can. Good luck!
Dealers are not allowed to sell online. We are trying to drive people into the dealerships for the whole "motorcycle experience". They should have models in stock in a couple of weeks. They can sell over the phone and ship to.
CivBars
6/9/2019 11:53am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
CivBars wrote:
The website basically says they only have Husky's in stock in Mesa (East). The Peoria (West) store had a Husky on the showroom floor but is...
Zoom wrote:
Dealers are not allowed to sell online. We are trying to drive people into the dealerships for the whole "motorcycle experience". They should have models in...
Dealers are not allowed to sell online. We are trying to drive people into the dealerships for the whole "motorcycle experience". They should have models in stock in a couple of weeks. They can sell over the phone and ship to.
Are dealers allowed to show that they have inventory of Stacyc's in stock at their store but just not sell them online? Good to know that they can be bought and shipped over the phone though! Thanks!
6/9/2019 12:28pm
My little guy is 1.5 and loves it. I wish my local Harley dealer would stock parts and accessories. On Friday I asked and they didn’t even know what Stacyc was.

Zoom
6/9/2019 12:48pm
CivBars wrote:
Zoom wrote:
Dealers are not allowed to sell online. We are trying to drive people into the dealerships for the whole "motorcycle experience". They should have models in...
CivBars wrote:
Are dealers allowed to show that they have inventory of Stacyc's in stock at their store but just not sell them online? Good to know that...
Are dealers allowed to show that they have inventory of Stacyc's in stock at their store but just not sell them online? Good to know that they can be bought and shipped over the phone though! Thanks!
Yes, they can show that they have product, just can't sell online.
Zoom
6/9/2019 12:51pm
My little guy is 1.5 and loves it. I wish my local Harley dealer would stock parts and accessories. On Friday I asked and they didn’t...
My little guy is 1.5 and loves it. I wish my local Harley dealer would stock parts and accessories. On Friday I asked and they didn’t even know what Stacyc was.

It's in the infant stage right now. Awareness should be getting better soon.
6/9/2019 1:08pm
I just wish the price point would come down just a bit on them. It's a hard choice between picking this up or a used pw50.
Yeah I would get a lot more use out of this but when the kids want to progress and get on a track I am back looking for a p dub again.
kb228
6/9/2019 2:10pm
Stacycs are really cool and all...

But why deny online sales when the general market is going to an online only format? You can buy cars online now days...
Zoom
6/9/2019 2:23pm
kb228 wrote:
Stacycs are really cool and all... But why deny online sales when the general market is going to an online only format? You can buy cars...
Stacycs are really cool and all...

But why deny online sales when the general market is going to an online only format? You can buy cars online now days...
Totally understand that view point. Our goal is to drive the consumer into the motorcycle dealer where they can experience the entire motorcycle line up from Mini to Mighty. Not saying that might change in the future, but for now it's about getting as many good performing dealers to buy into the brand. Once you go online, there are a few big players that control the market. We want local dealers out in the community promoting motorized two wheel fun.
Zoom
6/9/2019 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 2:25pm
Oops, double posted my last reply...
CivBars
6/9/2019 4:02pm
I just wish the price point would come down just a bit on them. It's a hard choice between picking this up or a used pw50...
I just wish the price point would come down just a bit on them. It's a hard choice between picking this up or a used pw50.
Yeah I would get a lot more use out of this but when the kids want to progress and get on a track I am back looking for a p dub again.
Skip buying a Strider all together and it helps offset some of the cost. It doubles as a Strider if you take the battery out and maybe take the chain off so it rolls more freely, then when they get good enough, give them the juice! Although they are a bit pricey, once we had one and I could inspect everything, I was overly impressed with the quality of parts used; from the seat to the wheels to the welds etc. The attention to detail with the instructions and I liked the fact that some assembly was required so I was able to double check everything and make sure it was one hundred percent. They don't cut any corners and thing's like that matter if the safety of a little one is at stake.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/9/2019 5:58pm
I just wish the price point would come down just a bit on them. It's a hard choice between picking this up or a used pw50...
We have one of each- a PW and a Stacyc. The good thing about the Stacyc is the ability to limit the top speed. With the PW you can limit the throttle, however it will still rev out to a very fast speed.

Bad thing about the Stacyc is that it’s electric! The speed controller will get hot and shut the bike down when riding around in grass and of course the battery goes dead and takes a while to charge. Meanwhile my son continues doing lap after lap on the PW.

Also, the Stacyc has no suspension and so my daughter complains the ride gets to be to rough after a while.

Anyway, I am so-so happy with the Stacyc..Honestly between the Electric Kids John Deere Gator, Barbie Jeep and Stacyc I am utterly sick of charging batteries..and hate electric...PW just goes and goes..
mxtech1
6/10/2019 5:31am
Zoom wrote:
CivBars wrote:
Are dealers allowed to show that they have inventory of Stacyc's in stock at their store but just not sell them online? Good to know that...
Zoom wrote:
OK, so what would keep someone from running a continuous add online for a Stacyc bike for say $25 over dealership purchase price plus shipping? Each time someone buys from their add they would just run down to the dealership and buy one and then turn around and ship it for a profit. It may not happen in significant volumes, but it could and if it does, your HD dealerships are now forced out of online sales.

CivBars
6/10/2019 7:32am
CivBars wrote:
Zoom wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
OK, so what would keep someone from running a continuous add online for a Stacyc bike for say $25 over dealership purchase price plus shipping? Each...
OK, so what would keep someone from running a continuous add online for a Stacyc bike for say $25 over dealership purchase price plus shipping? Each time someone buys from their add they would just run down to the dealership and buy one and then turn around and ship it for a profit. It may not happen in significant volumes, but it could and if it does, your HD dealerships are now forced out of online sales.

I see your point but I think you misunderstood. Stacyc.com sells bikes online (when they're in stock). They just don't want their distributors, like the store I went to, to sell online. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding but at one point a while back I thought I remember being on the Stacyc website and having the ability to order a bike to my door.
whyZ
6/10/2019 8:52am
Would you mind my asking where are these bikes being manufactured/ assembled? No big deal to me, just curious.
CivBars
6/10/2019 9:03am
Bottom of the frame has a sticker that says Made in Taiwan
6/10/2019 9:53am
Brad460 wrote:
We have one of each- a PW and a Stacyc. The good thing about the Stacyc is the ability to limit the top speed. With the...
We have one of each- a PW and a Stacyc. The good thing about the Stacyc is the ability to limit the top speed. With the PW you can limit the throttle, however it will still rev out to a very fast speed.

Bad thing about the Stacyc is that it’s electric! The speed controller will get hot and shut the bike down when riding around in grass and of course the battery goes dead and takes a while to charge. Meanwhile my son continues doing lap after lap on the PW.

Also, the Stacyc has no suspension and so my daughter complains the ride gets to be to rough after a while.

Anyway, I am so-so happy with the Stacyc..Honestly between the Electric Kids John Deere Gator, Barbie Jeep and Stacyc I am utterly sick of charging batteries..and hate electric...PW just goes and goes..
Do you have multiple batteries for each and a “battery station” ? Friend of mine has that as his kids are older than mine and it works well.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/10/2019 12:05pm
Brad460 wrote:
We have one of each- a PW and a Stacyc. The good thing about the Stacyc is the ability to limit the top speed. With the...

Do you have multiple batteries for each and a “battery station” ? Friend of mine has that as his kids are older than mine and it...
Do you have multiple batteries for each and a “battery station” ? Friend of mine has that as his kids are older than mine and it works well.
Yes- I have a couple batteries each for the Gator and Barbie Jeep...Those I can keep going and never overheat the speed controller... LaughingTongue

The Stacyc- No because there is zero stock of the batteries available. My other concern is the batteries are waaayyy over-priced ($150?) and not sure I want to stick anymore money into this setup. My daughter is 3 and easily handles the 16" bike in high speed and often it shuts down on speed controller high temp (she rides in the flat field next to our house that I keep a track mowed right to the ground).

I had higher expectations of the Stacyc..we are 80% happy with it.
CivBars
6/10/2019 12:27pm
Zoom wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
CivBars wrote:

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

I talked to Chris at the AEO Powersports West Valley location in Peoria and he said that they had 5 - 12in in stock and the East Valley location in Mesa has 3 - 12in in stock. All of the 16in are sold out at both stores and they don't have any spare batteries (16 on back order) He also said that they're willing to ship them out of state but keep in mind that the shipping costs will be about $40-$60.
SEE ARE125
6/10/2019 12:47pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
CivBars wrote:

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

CivBars wrote:
I talked to Chris at the AEO Powersports West Valley location in Peoria and he said that they had 5 - 12in in stock and the...
I talked to Chris at the AEO Powersports West Valley location in Peoria and he said that they had 5 - 12in in stock and the East Valley location in Mesa has 3 - 12in in stock. All of the 16in are sold out at both stores and they don't have any spare batteries (16 on back order) He also said that they're willing to ship them out of state but keep in mind that the shipping costs will be about $40-$60.
Thanks! I found a dealer that has them in stock, but it’s about a 4hr drive one way. Need to find some other stuff to do in the area to justify an 8hr trip. lol I think I’ll call them later and see if they’ll ship and what the cost would be.
CivBars
6/10/2019 1:25pm
CivBars wrote:

(623) 561-1247 West

(480) 981-4070 East

CivBars wrote:
I talked to Chris at the AEO Powersports West Valley location in Peoria and he said that they had 5 - 12in in stock and the...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thanks! I found a dealer that has them in stock, but it’s about a 4hr drive one way. Need to find some other stuff to do...
Thanks! I found a dealer that has them in stock, but it’s about a 4hr drive one way. Need to find some other stuff to do in the area to justify an 8hr trip. lol I think I’ll call them later and see if they’ll ship and what the cost would be.
Nice! Do you know if they have any 16in in stock? Or batteries Smile
SEE ARE125
6/10/2019 1:28pm
CivBars wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Thanks! I found a dealer that has them in stock, but it’s about a 4hr drive one way. Need to find some other stuff to do...
CivBars wrote:
Nice! Do you know if they have any 16in in stock? Or batteries Smile
Looking at their site, they show the 16. Unsure about the batteries though. Found them on CycleTrader.

https://www.interstatecycle.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=6180590

Post a reply to: Creating The Next Generation Of Riders...

The Latest