Create a new Obstacle

kkawboy14
3/28/2021 7:36am
XxXx

Instead of whoops something with that “X” pattern
brocster
3/28/2021 8:16am
Jumps that have more pop UP to them, making riders use better techniques to soak them up, also slow the track down to allow more bar...
Jumps that have more pop UP to them, making riders use better techniques to soak them up, also slow the track down to allow more bar banging.
Yes, back to how Supercross looked in the 80’s. They went up more than they went far. Think of wall jumps with landings. Walls are the only things that slow these guys down. To make it more appealing to the fans give them a little landing. Up not out...
JMed651
3/28/2021 1:02pm
Mr. Ted wrote:
A hip jump in a corner? Wider on one side than the other, shadow like a triangle if you're looking down on it from the top.
Exactly my thought as well when I opened this thread. Would love to see that.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
3/28/2021 4:13pm
If we are seriously presenting thoughts on obstacles, I do have one. I know some don't like the walls but I kind of like them. I just don't think they do enough with them. For instance, everyone runs up to it, tries to get across the top as fast as possible and on the gas down the other side. There is only so much a better skilled rider can do that makes it faster than a lesser skilled rider. They all go and do about the same with pretty much the same technique. So my thought is to make a dip before it. Not something like JS jumped in Daytona. I'm actually thinking the opposite. Like a 4 foot drop off, maybe even a little egg shaped roll before the drop off. This would let faster riders stay low to the ground a little more with one technique or jump just a little and off the 4 foot drop off with another technique. But here is the catch. If they sail across to fast they are going to case into the face of the wall making it difficult to get over the top without being out of shape for the downside portion because of the sudden stop into the face and compressing and unloading the suspension. If they slow enough they can run at them much like they do now, but riders can lose or gain time on the egg roll portion leading up to the drop off.
I don't know if I explained very well what I envision but basically, I'm thinking of something that would be passible with 3, 4 or 5 different techniques or a combination there of. Not like now when they all basically have 1 or 2 ways of getting over the wall and they all do it at about the same speed.

The Shop

SWOHIO GUY
3/28/2021 6:00pm
Jumps that have more pop UP to them, making riders use better techniques to soak them up, also slow the track down to allow more bar...
Jumps that have more pop UP to them, making riders use better techniques to soak them up, also slow the track down to allow more bar banging.
brocster wrote:
Yes, back to how Supercross looked in the 80’s. They went up more than they went far. Think of wall jumps with landings. Walls are the...
Yes, back to how Supercross looked in the 80’s. They went up more than they went far. Think of wall jumps with landings. Walls are the only things that slow these guys down. To make it more appealing to the fans give them a little landing. Up not out...
Indy 2013 and Detroit 2017 had this and it worked well both times
3/29/2021 2:32pm
Put an off-camber turn in. Just once, let's see what happens.
Unless the dirt is clay and packed down super tight, this will happen no matter how steep the off camber is

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/29/2021 4:16pm
Falcon wrote:
270-degree turn using an over-under bridge. You go through the under part, then spiral up around a constantly-elevating turn until you reach the top, where there's...
270-degree turn using an over-under bridge. You go through the under part, then spiral up around a constantly-elevating turn until you reach the top, where there's a kicker. Then land on the downside. Put a small roller about 15 feet past the downside so the MCs of this generation can separate themselves by doubling. This whole obstacle could be reversed, too: a double which lands on the backside of the over/under bridge (yes, single to table is a DOUBLE,) then a continually descending 270-degree turn through the under portion.
There was an obstacle very similar to what you were describing about 4 to 6 years ago. I don't remember what track it was at but...
There was an obstacle very similar to what you were describing about 4 to 6 years ago. I don't remember what track it was at but you came in under the bridge went into a left hand turn that was 270°. The turn was all sand and some riders were going inside and some riders were going outside. Lots of passes happened through that turn. it wasn't a constantly slow elevating 270° turn though it was the standard over-under type rise and it didn't have the extra bump past it that you're describing.
I don't remember what track that was, either, but now you mention it, I remember the race. That was one of the tracks that the pros got to design - it was Pastrana's or Windham's.
tahoefd
3/29/2021 5:30pm
Put an off-camber turn in. Just once, let's see what happens.
Unless the dirt is clay and packed down super tight, this will happen no matter how steep the off camber is [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/29/485457/s1200_ruts_martin_mx_park_3988.jpg[/img]
Unless the dirt is clay and packed down super tight, this will happen no matter how steep the off camber is

Hard blue groove turns seem to wreak a bit of havic on almost all the riders at one point or another. I also like the sand sections. Especially the last one that seemed to change as the motos went along. That sand section really screwed KR up by him not adapting. Overall I'm in favor of rougher, slower, more technical tracks. I want to see all the racers avoid injuries and race. The cream will rise...

Post a reply to: Create a new Obstacle

The Latest