"Crazy Joe" Shimoda!!!

ZOBITO
2/9/2021 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 4:23pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
"Sushi" is really ignorant nickname, for the record. Imagine if you went to another country and they called you "Cheeseburger" because you're American. I know the...
"Sushi" is really ignorant nickname, for the record. Imagine if you went to another country and they called you "Cheeseburger" because you're American. I know the PC police are out of hand these days, but it's just a stupid nickname. I'd be embarrassed for the industry if it stuck. "Crazy" doesn't fit, because he's the opposite- very controlled.
Stupid AND racist, if you ask me.
Let's call Stewart Soul food or Fried Chicken, ha, sooo funny. Wilson will be Haggis and Do, the snail. I'll go for Fajitas!

mulletman
2/9/2021 4:34pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
"Sushi" is really ignorant nickname, for the record. Imagine if you went to another country and they called you "Cheeseburger" because you're American. I know the...
"Sushi" is really ignorant nickname, for the record. Imagine if you went to another country and they called you "Cheeseburger" because you're American. I know the PC police are out of hand these days, but it's just a stupid nickname. I'd be embarrassed for the industry if it stuck. "Crazy" doesn't fit, because he's the opposite- very controlled.
ZOBITO wrote:
Stupid AND racist, if you ask me. Let's call Stewart Soul food or Fried Chicken, ha, sooo funny. Wilson will be Haggis and Do, the snail...
Let's call Stewart Soul food or Fried Chicken, ha, sooo funny. Wilson will be Haggis and Do, the snail. I'll go for Fajitas!

yzf162
2/9/2021 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 8:52pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
ZOBITO wrote:
Stupid AND racist, if you ask me. Let's call Stewart Soul food or Fried Chicken, ha, sooo funny. Wilson will be Haggis and Do, the snail...

Girlfriends nick name is sushi. She laughed and said wow some peepo jus tink everytings waysist!
hamncheeze
2/9/2021 9:03pm
Getting back to Shimoda as a rider, I do like his progression for a guy who is only 18. He has very good body position and rides with technical precision. His speed is gradually increasing. It is not out of the question to see this guy as a consistent podium guy in 2022. At age 19. It's hard to see beyond the shooting star of Jett, but I really think Shimoda has a great future ahead of him.

The Shop

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
2/9/2021 9:53pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
ZOBITO wrote:

you know he gave him self that Nickname? it started as an inside joke between him and Jett. because you know.. there close friends off the track.
And if you follow his Instagram or even see the butt patches he has.. its what he labels himself as well.

Just shows how people will turn anything into a negative or no matter what always have something to sook about hahaha

ZOBITO
2/10/2021 10:12am
yzf162 wrote:
Girlfriends nick name is sushi. She laughed and said wow some peepo jus tink everytings waysist!
Yeah, and some people don't have a clue what racist is.
Whistling
ZOBITO
2/10/2021 10:14am
you know he gave him self that Nickname? it started as an inside joke between him and Jett. because you know.. there close friends off the...
you know he gave him self that Nickname? it started as an inside joke between him and Jett. because you know.. there close friends off the track.
And if you follow his Instagram or even see the butt patches he has.. its what he labels himself as well.

Just shows how people will turn anything into a negative or no matter what always have something to sook about hahaha

Absolutely not. Yannig Kervella came with this, quite a long time ago.
bd
2/10/2021 5:47pm
yzf162 wrote:
Fuckin love it. Guy was going for it.
Great nickname for Joe.

If any one missed it.... google Crazy Joe Gallo.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/24/2021 6:18pm
kage173 wrote:
? Nice guy but I really don't get the hype. I still haven't seen him pass another factory rider. Hope he kills it in the main...
? Nice guy but I really don't get the hype. I still haven't seen him pass another factory rider.

Hope he kills it in the main. It'd be nice to see him put a straight up pass on CC or one of those guys

He just won his first main event straight up.
yzf162
4/24/2021 6:31pm
It has been a while since I've really stood up and yelled at the TV watching a race. Literally on our feet from minute him and moisman started to mix it up. Crazy Joe showed he can bump and run and just ride his race and focus on himself under pressure an just block everything else out.

Congrats Crazy Jo!!!!!
Neverclear
4/24/2021 7:37pm
Watched at my son's house tonight, and as soon as Shimoda hit the finish line, he turned to me and said "Goddamn I love this sport".

Cool to hear his family was in attendance for his first win too.
NewOldSchool
4/24/2021 8:01pm
Agree with you guys, can’t remember the last time I was so pumped for someone to get their first win.
Up Wind
4/24/2021 8:14pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
I became a fan only a week ago seeing how chill the dude was in his podium and how humble he was about ending up on...
I became a fan only a week ago seeing how chill the dude was in his podium and how humble he was about ending up on the podium.

He's awesome and seeing him push a bit was awesome. I dont understand why his speed is in question. He passed Lawrence for the lead at one point. He's consistently near the front and looks to be getting quicker.

He's not quiet at Nichols level yet. That guy is untouchable by anyone except Jett when he's on. But there's not much separating him and the other top guys. Certainly a gap he can bridge easily.
aeffertz wrote:
He’s quite a bit younger than Colt and has been on a steady progression as far as speed goes. He’s definitely starting to gain more people’s...
He’s quite a bit younger than Colt and has been on a steady progression as far as speed goes. He’s definitely starting to gain more people’s attention this year!
Maybe #1 or #2. Anything can happen.
jk367
4/24/2021 8:26pm
Man that was awesome. I really hope he doesn’t point out too soon. How many years do you get now? 4? Because he’s already down two with good consistent rides. Looking like second in points this year
gt80rider
4/24/2021 8:33pm
Big fan, kid has his head screwed on straight
Leeham
Fantasy
3059th
4/24/2021 10:17pm
kage173 wrote:
? Nice guy but I really don't get the hype. I still haven't seen him pass another factory rider. Hope he kills it in the main...
? Nice guy but I really don't get the hype. I still haven't seen him pass another factory rider.

Hope he kills it in the main. It'd be nice to see him put a straight up pass on CC or one of those guys

Lol now you look stupid af, things never go away on the internet, especially on Vital. Hold the L dude
kage173
4/25/2021 5:32am
kage173 wrote:

Leeham wrote:
Lol now you look stupid af, things never go away on the internet, especially on Vital. Hold the L dude
That's cool. I can handle being proven wrong. As I said I wanted him to do well just hadn't seen it. Now I have.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
4/25/2021 6:25am
I love watching this guy ride. Probably one of the most graceful pros I’ve seen. Last night even his mistakes looked smoother than a lot of other guys’ race lines.
yzf162
4/25/2021 1:29pm
Just thinking about this win just set his career cause the minute he's done in sx/MX her or even the gp's he's set for life back in Japan. He will be a hot commodity for the oems there as well. An he will be paid well.
Moto Nomad
4/26/2021 12:46pm
I find it pretty amazing how the crowd got behind this kid so much- just goes to show a good personality makes all the difference. I'm 100% behind this guy because he's really humble and appreciative.
Bidirella
4/26/2021 1:22pm
Being added on the team as the last guy but getting the shit done must be a nice feeling.

Steady and weekly improving and he will be a title contender in the coming years.

Guess Mitch will offer him a nice contract for a few years...
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1222nd
4/26/2021 1:23pm
I freaking love cheeseburgers and would not be offended to get called one in another country.

I do see your point but context is everything.
HAHA I was called Pako Taco by some american friends (all girls) I wasn't offended at all and yeah context is everything
FerCzD
4/26/2021 1:37pm
Will be a shame for japanese OEMs, lose Shimoda to KTM Group. This kid has everything Decoster looks up in a rider: humble, hard worker, no drama, collected.

Looking forward to witness where his career takes him. I'm a fan.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
4/26/2021 1:49pm
I have a buddy of Asian decent that I ride with. We were chilling around the backyard having beers one day and somehow got on the topic of "what is your biker gang name?" He won the best name with "Panda Express" and it has just stuck. He's the one that came up with it too. He's one hell of a good guy and funny as hell so I don't see the racism in it whatsoever. He's like family to me.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
4/28/2021 8:42pm
I have a close friend who is from and lives in the same place as Jo Shimoda is from. I spoke to him after Joe's win and he said the whole place was talking about Joe and how its a been recognized and spoken about as a historic event. So cool to see!

If any one seen the swap moto interview with Joe, he talks about how much him and jett trust each other when racing.

Its even cooler to see Joe and Jett make friends at world mini's in 65's. podium together. Fast forward, both sacrifice and move countries and now both 1&2 in the AMA Supercross.
amazing stuff! Hope they keep the friendship going for many years.
Sully
4/28/2021 8:50pm
I have a close friend who is from and lives in the same place as Jo Shimoda is from. I spoke to him after Joe's win...
I have a close friend who is from and lives in the same place as Jo Shimoda is from. I spoke to him after Joe's win and he said the whole place was talking about Joe and how its a been recognized and spoken about as a historic event. So cool to see!

If any one seen the swap moto interview with Joe, he talks about how much him and jett trust each other when racing.

Its even cooler to see Joe and Jett make friends at world mini's in 65's. podium together. Fast forward, both sacrifice and move countries and now both 1&2 in the AMA Supercross.
amazing stuff! Hope they keep the friendship going for many years.
With the racing atmosphere in Suzuka, I can only imagine it's a pretty big deal, but unfortunately, up here near Tokyo, moto isn't even a ripple in the ocean, so I haven't seen anything other than the Yahoo News link someone posted in the other thread.
Up Wind
5/7/2021 3:32pm
Glad to hear he will be moving to the Yamaha 250 team next year. He earned it!
toroP
5/7/2021 5:43pm
Up Wind wrote:
Didn’t hear that. Source?
Up Wind
5/7/2021 7:47pm
Up Wind wrote:
toroP wrote:
Didn’t hear that. Source?
My friend, who's friend, who knows another guy that knows. Im happy for Joe. On that bike....he just became a championship contenter.

Post a reply to: "Crazy Joe" Shimoda!!!

The Latest