Craigslist score kx500, holy clean

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2017 9:02 AM

Look at this guys, 95 in incredible shape. Looks all original, the graphics that are left look like the originals, seat looks original etc !

Can't wait to ride it!
Photo

|

10/29/2017 9:12 AM

Nice find! They are getting harder to find in decent shape.
Flex bars and pegs will help you not have blurry vision. A counterbalanced k5 would be awesome!

|

10/29/2017 9:18 AM

I get arm pump just looking at that bike.... blink

|

"We don't rent pigs."

10/29/2017 9:23 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

I get arm pump just looking at that bike.... blink

They aren't any worse than 450s in my experience!

|

10/29/2017 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2017 5:10 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

I get arm pump just looking at that bike.... blink

yz133rider wrote:

They aren't any worse than 450s in my experience!

Ive spent time on the KX500 and CR500AF both and the vibration is what does it.

The good side is they are tractors and you never hafta shift.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

10/29/2017 9:39 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

I get arm pump just looking at that bike.... blink

yz133rider wrote:

They aren't any worse than 450s in my experience!

Uh huh. In 2 weeks, there will be new ad on Craigslist, 95 KX500 for sale, best offer. whistling

Seriously though, nice looking bike. Be interested to know your findings, assuming you want to spend the time, of how much vibration is reduced, by shimming the lower and front motor mounts.

|

10/29/2017 10:06 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

I get arm pump just looking at that bike.... blink

yz133rider wrote:

They aren't any worse than 450s in my experience!

scooter5002 wrote:

Uh huh. In 2 weeks, there will be new ad on Craigslist, 95 KX500 for sale, best offer. whistling

Seriously though, nice looking bike. Be interested to know your findings, assuming you want to spend the time, of how much vibration is reduced, by shimming the lower and front motor mounts.

I love these old bikes! I've had 3 k5's. Getting the motor mounted right is the first fix if you plan on staying with the old frame. Then flex bars and pegs. My latest build vibrates about like an aluminum frame cr250.

|

10/29/2017 10:51 AM

yz133rider wrote:

They aren't any worse than 450s in my experience!

scooter5002 wrote:

Uh huh. In 2 weeks, there will be new ad on Craigslist, 95 KX500 for sale, best offer. whistling

Seriously though, nice looking bike. Be interested to know your findings, assuming you want to spend the time, of how much vibration is reduced, by shimming the lower and front motor mounts.

FI2T wrote:

I love these old bikes! I've had 3 k5's. Getting the motor mounted right is the first fix if you plan on staying with the old frame. Then flex bars and pegs. My latest build vibrates about like an aluminum frame cr250.

What crank is in it? Probably a Hot Rod. Have you tried some of Crank Works magic, re balancing etc to reduce the main offender?

|

10/29/2017 12:08 PM

Nice find. Bike looks clean!

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

10/29/2017 1:18 PM

Looks like someone put a different seat cover in it ? 95 had a purple seat cover. I had a 95. It was fun but it was cursed. Everyone that owned it, crashed it in some weird fashion. Including me lol ... very nice!

|

10/29/2017 1:19 PM

Stop being a bunch of fairies.... They are great bikes... They do vibrate a little but you could always buy a Mountain Bike if your frightened of the internal combustion engine... Good find, good purchase, good bike, now mix some gas and go have some fun....

|

10/29/2017 1:26 PM

But then again some photos of 95 look blue also, mine was purplish looking ... weird Photo

Photo

|

10/29/2017 1:35 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Look at this guys, 95 in incredible shape. Looks all original, the graphics that are left look like the originals, seat looks original etc !

Can't wait to ride it!
Photo

Nice bike, how much did it sell for if you don’t mind?

|

10/29/2017 1:52 PM

By the way, Emig Racing sells a link for those, helps with the cornering. Raises the back end though, if you're a little shorter, you may not like it, although you could shave the seat.

|

10/29/2017 2:50 PM

Cool as hell.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

10/29/2017 2:50 PM

Harry B. Jealous.

|

10/29/2017 3:08 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Look at this guys, 95 in incredible shape. Looks all original, the graphics that are left look like the originals, seat looks original etc !

Can't wait to ride it!
Photo

That is a beast! Lol looks damn clean tho, good find!

|

10/29/2017 7:46 PM

I went to a garage sale this summer and a guy had 2 last generation KX500s for sale, he wanted $3500 for them as a pair. Both could use some freshening up but one was plated in California, if it was any other week this year they would have gone home with me that second, but everything went to shit the week before and I balked. When I went back a few days later he was gone, not just not home, gone. He told me he had sold the house and didn't want to move anything back to Florida, he must have just dumped everything that weekend because it was abandoned.

|

10/30/2017 8:43 AM

Awesome bikes. Very humbling though. This was my original 95 when I brought it home. Purple seat mafia
Photo

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

10/30/2017 9:14 AM

Wow that's clean!!

Can't wait to get the graphics on this one!

|

10/30/2017 11:46 AM

Here’s mine....
Photo

|

10/9/2018 11:00 AM

scooter5002 wrote:

By the way, Emig Racing sells a link for those, helps with the cornering. Raises the back end though, if you're a little shorter, you may not like it, although you could shave the seat.


KX500 guru racing also sells dog bones.
And other assorted K5 goodies
|

10/9/2018 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 12:06 PM

scooter5002 wrote:

Uh huh. In 2 weeks, there will be new ad on Craigslist, 95 KX500 for sale, best offer. whistling

Seriously though, nice looking bike. Be interested to know your findings, assuming you want to spend the time, of how much vibration is reduced, by shimming the lower and front motor mounts.

EDIT: Just realized this is an old post brought back to life...

Bahaha.... Beat me to it! wink Hope I acquire his barely ridden KX500 just like how I acquired his barely ridden '96 CR250 McGrath replica! (lol not knocking you, OP! However I have noticed a trend of short term affinity with the sick ass toys you acquire! The CR2fiddy, that stupid clean low mileage pre-97 Powerstroke... Wish I had that kind of will power! I hoard all my toys laughing

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/9/2018 11:41 AM

Very nice find! My fillings are rattling just thinking about riding it.

|