Craigslist find/deal of the day 2004 Cr 250

shane509
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 10:20am
|
DYE
5/4/2018 6:06am
I found an 03 that was all origninal when I got back into riding around 2009. This was before the smokers became so rare. It was in such good shape I hated to ride it and ended up selling it and getting a 450. I barely managed to get 2k out of it. Little did I know if I had just held on to it I could have doubled my money lol
Dtat720
5/4/2018 6:35am
Looks like one of the bikes Mark had to fire sale after the Corner Lot fiasco. Buddy of mine picked up the 07 125 for 1500. Had maybe 20 minutes on it. Think his 250’s sold for 2k each. Practically brand new. If you dont snag it, I will take it after i close on my house the 22nd
Solidkm
5/4/2018 7:02am
What would you do if a potential buyer took it around the block and wrecked it, and then immediately didn’t offer to make it right?

I wheelied one up and down the street like a douche once. And the seller was like wtf my tire! I’m like I’m buying it, relax bro
tprice07
5/4/2018 7:55am
Solidkm wrote:
What would you do if a potential buyer took it around the block and wrecked it, and then immediately didn’t offer to make it right? I...
What would you do if a potential buyer took it around the block and wrecked it, and then immediately didn’t offer to make it right?

I wheelied one up and down the street like a douche once. And the seller was like wtf my tire! I’m like I’m buying it, relax bro
I don't let anyone onto something without the cash in my hand. Be aware also that if someone rode the bike, wrecked it and got hurt they can actually turn around and sue you.

I sold a pretty custom harley springer softtail over the weekend and the guys that came to buy it were wanting to ride it in the rain. Once they handed over the cash and I signed over the title one of them hopped on it and ran it quick down the road.

I'm not sure what they were thinking would happen if for whatever reason they changed their mind because I wasn't about to give the cash back.

The Shop

Solidkm
5/4/2018 8:01am
Solidkm wrote:
What would you do if a potential buyer took it around the block and wrecked it, and then immediately didn’t offer to make it right? I...

tprice07 wrote:
I don't let anyone onto something without the cash in my hand. Be aware also that if someone rode the bike, wrecked it and got hurt...
I don't let anyone onto something without the cash in my hand. Be aware also that if someone rode the bike, wrecked it and got hurt they can actually turn around and sue you.

I sold a pretty custom harley springer softtail over the weekend and the guys that came to buy it were wanting to ride it in the rain. Once they handed over the cash and I signed over the title one of them hopped on it and ran it quick down the road.

I'm not sure what they were thinking would happen if for whatever reason they changed their mind because I wasn't about to give the cash back.

No doubt. Sold and bought lots of bikes through he years. Always a sketchy thing. ESP with Craigslist
rehan53
5/4/2018 9:16am
Is that a good price? Seems pretty high.
jeffro503
5/4/2018 9:21am
If you are into Honda's.....shit yes that's a good deal. You don't find them in that kind of shape very often , or at all. That bike will be gone quick.
shane509
5/4/2018 9:39am
anything is worth a lot of money, to the right person. I’ve been at work all week, might try an go look at it this weekend.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/4/2018 9:40am
Solidkm wrote:

tprice07 wrote:
I don't let anyone onto something without the cash in my hand. Be aware also that if someone rode the bike, wrecked it and got hurt...

Same here. I just sold my 14 yz450 and the guy that bought it was pissed because I wouldn't let him ride it before giving me the money. Told him, "sorry, heard too many horror stories and I don't know you. If you crash my bike and turn around and sue me, I'm screwed. Can't take that chance." So he went and looked at a few more bikes, they all told him the same thing, then he came back and bought mine. I took a stand the second time so he could see that the bike shifted just fine. He texted me two days later and said it's the best bike he's ever ridden haha
matze
Fantasy
3097th
5/4/2018 9:48am
I would never ever buy a bike without riding it before
zehn
5/4/2018 9:49am
matze wrote:
You also don't live in America where you can be sued for almost anything
mooch
Fantasy
501st
5/4/2018 10:19am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 10:20am
$3975.00 sounds high for a 2004 CR250 unless you're a devoted Honda fan. Personally would prefer a 2006 RM or YZ for that kinda price.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/4/2018 10:20am
matze wrote:
zehn wrote:
You also don't live in America where you can be sued for almost anything
Yup.

Post a reply to: Craigslist find/deal of the day 2004 Cr 250

The Latest