Cox fixes the MX of Nations

GIwasB4
9/3/2013 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2013 4:56am
The reason there is no mystic(misteec), no proud to wave the flag moment, no matter whom is winning while being held in any country moment,is instant media.
We already know whom is riding for whom via wastebook, twit her, etc, etc.
We bitch about the coverage-we complain about the non-coverage
Why even go to the event as a passive fan, not much unlike the armchair quarterbacks of the NFL, passive nascar couch driver's or picnic bench hotdog swallowing MLB fans. Lets not forget NHL fans, they are stupid rabid
We need a Wonder Wart-hog type mentality not this:

So Steve thinks...........and thinks.............and thinks
"Understanding this, here is the first of two ideas about how a revamped Motocross of Nations could work:

Each team picks five racers in each class.
The 10 racers on each team line up and race two (or three) motos.
The score is tabulated and the champion region is crowned.

Or here is a second way a revamped Motocross of Nations could work:

Each team picks 10 racers in each class.
Similar to the current format, “USA” races “Rest of World” in moto one, then “Rest of World” races “Europe” in moto two, and then “USA” races “Europe” in the final moto (or some variation thereof).
The results are tabulated and the champion region is crowned.

Check out the list of racers we could have on each team and try to imagine how good it would be if the race were held this way in 2013:
"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

#1 Its THE MX Des Nations!

#2.: How about each country that wishes to participate assemble their best team possible. Send that team to a predisclosed venue in a pre-determined country voted on by the powers in charge at the time and MX Sports at the beginning of the outdoor series and get world wide prime time television coverage for the event.

We think that would work.
|
GIwasB4
9/3/2013 10:48pm
Hey you guys want to spend a couple thousand and got to the Chamberlain Trophy race?...............................................................................Huh?

Hey you guys want to spend a couple thousand and go to the MX Des (OF) Nations? HELL YA, LETS GO!!!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/3/2013 10:49pm
Cox couldn't "fix" a sandwich much less anything moto related, he just wants your approval to validate his opinion. Whistling
visser62
9/4/2013 12:20am
The U.S. would never lose.
9/4/2013 12:22am
I posted this elsewhere too, but it looks like this might be the right place for it,,,just my 2 cents..

"If the USA wins, nobody cares?" Speak for yourself, I am damn proud of our boys that represent and bring home the trophy! That quite possibly is one of the more ignorant statements I've ever heard, even coming from you Cox. The European population may not care when we win over there, but what would expect them to do, cheer for being on the wrong end of another beat down on their turf? If memory serves me, I am pretty sure any of the MXDN's held on American soil, were very well represented by cheering Americans. Or maybe those thousands of people trying to get a glimpse of the podium all the while chanting USA were actors paid to act like they "cared." If we are the best in the world, then so be it. That is what competition is all about. Being the underdog has no pressure. They aren't supposed to win, but if they do it's time to party. But the pressure of defending a Championship year after is the feeling I think our top riders live for when they line up at the gate. Go ask the the Ryan's or The Man what they think about the underdog feeling. All it means is that the previous year they didn't win, and I know that never sits will with them. What's next? Villopoto is going to have give everybody a 45 second head start? It's RV Against Everybody! So Steve, if you like to be the Underdog, go cheer for another country, you won't be missed seeing how we Americans don't even care anyway. GO USA!

The Shop

mmcmx
9/4/2013 12:57am
Since my country can't field a team, and once we achiveve independence from Spain the Catalan team will suck anyways...i'd prefer an AMA vs FIM race.
Rovalova
9/4/2013 2:06am
How would it go if it was left as is, but with the inclusion of an all in, all powers, mano-a-mano best in the world, no team play, single moto.
newmann
9/4/2013 4:22am
Racer X bailout award winner stuff right there.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
9/4/2013 5:30am
Cut him some slack I think he hit his head pretty hard when he ran over himself in the hoops...
KMC440
9/4/2013 5:44am
I would go to an every other year format and the winning country hosts the following event.
Crush
9/4/2013 5:48am
mystique...
DonM
9/4/2013 6:05am
The biggest problem with Cox's plan is the cost would be insurmountable to send 10 rider's every year. The US is the only country that would be sending additional riders to the event as the Euro based GP riders for the majority would be in the traditional MXdN racing for their countries anyways so no additional cost for them.
I would see the US teams losing interest in this real fast as that cost comes out of their racing budget.
So with that said it would never work, unless there was a huge payday for the winning team....and if Luongo is involved that's not going to happen.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/4/2013 6:17am
Where did Steve write that?
newmann
9/4/2013 6:23am
Where did Steve write that?
Their is a home page here, ya' know.Smile Heck, it's even at the bottom of the page right here.
frita
9/4/2013 6:36am
visser62 wrote:
And you wonder why others take such pleasure when the U.S loses. It's ignorant people like you. I have a lot of respect how Dungey, Bagget and Barcia handled the flogging last year, but zero for the fans making excuses. Wake up to yourself.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/4/2013 6:39am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2013 7:10am
Okay, so I was a little confused by the melding of the OP's writing and his summary of Cox's ideas, or the OP's interpretations of Cox's ideas (and I'm pretty sure Steve would never write "no matter whom is winning" or "whom is riding for whom").

Beyond that, I'm not sure why the pile on; it's not like the concept he's relaying hasn't been kicked around a lot here and on other boards over the years, often by GP fans who have had to resort to the notion that winning motos is the point of the event to validate web arguments about which series' riders are faster. But I agree with the point that the plan is cost prohibitive, and I think the event loses more than it gains by having the rest of the world team which would likely exclude some of the marginal national teams that come out of the inspiration of the event. I mean, I doubt Mongolia is going to make it to the A final, and I kind of doubt any of the riders on that team would make the rest of the world team (no disrespect, could be wrong), but it's kind of cool that they are a part of it.
newmann
9/4/2013 6:40am
visser62 wrote:
frita wrote:
And you wonder why others take such pleasure when the U.S loses. It's ignorant people like you. I have a lot of respect how Dungey, Bagget...
And you wonder why others take such pleasure when the U.S loses. It's ignorant people like you. I have a lot of respect how Dungey, Bagget and Barcia handled the flogging last year, but zero for the fans making excuses. Wake up to yourself.
Yeah, they did get their asses handed to them pretty good last year. Almost lost it in Colorado a couple years ago too.
9/4/2013 7:00am
visser62 wrote:
frita wrote:
And you wonder why others take such pleasure when the U.S loses. It's ignorant people like you. I have a lot of respect how Dungey, Bagget...
newmann wrote:
Yeah, they did get their asses handed to them pretty good last year. Almost lost it in Colorado a couple years ago too.
They have almost lost it every year since 2007, but always come through. The difference between the smaller MX countries and America has closed up somewhat. As for AMA versus FIM, that seems pretty level at the moment. Which is great for the sport. Americans still know how to win when the crunch is on though.
Xeno
9/4/2013 7:07am
This topic was "almost lost", but no, it comes back every year.
lumpy790
9/4/2013 7:44am
Want to make it more fair for the rest of the world? Most other countries are small like each of our states and have a small pool of riders to choose from making it difficult to send 3 strong contenders.

Make Each USA state send a team.... but Cal & Florida will still be hard to beat.
9/4/2013 8:02am
lumpy790 wrote:
Want to make it more fair for the rest of the world? Most other countries are small like each of our states and have a small...
Want to make it more fair for the rest of the world? Most other countries are small like each of our states and have a small pool of riders to choose from making it difficult to send 3 strong contenders.

Make Each USA state send a team.... but Cal & Florida will still be hard to beat.
Yep. I heard last year how those guys in Florida really know how to ride the sand........
Choppy
9/4/2013 9:32am
Fix the MX of NATIONS by making it not about nations or representing your country at all? Not much of a fix if you ask me.
Here's an idea. Don't fix something that already works.
The race is supposed to show what country is superior in MX at that one race, no?
newmann
9/4/2013 9:42am
Never has been enough money to send three guys, now we need to send ten. How many stickers will DC have to sell to fund that....

TeamGreen
9/4/2013 10:08am
lumpy790 wrote:
Want to make it more fair for the rest of the world? Most other countries are small like each of our states and have a small...

Yep. I heard last year how those guys in Florida really know how to ride the sand........
Then I guess we should have sent RC, JS & Mookie!
Motoxdoc
9/4/2013 10:21am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2013 10:22am
GIwasB4 wrote:
The reason there is no mystic(misteec), no proud to wave the flag moment, no matter whom is winning while being held in any country moment,is instant...
The reason there is no mystic(misteec), no proud to wave the flag moment, no matter whom is winning while being held in any country moment,is instant media.
We already know whom is riding for whom via wastebook, twit her, etc, etc.
We bitch about the coverage-we complain about the non-coverage
Why even go to the event as a passive fan, not much unlike the armchair quarterbacks of the NFL, passive nascar couch driver's or picnic bench hotdog swallowing MLB fans. Lets not forget NHL fans, they are stupid rabid
We need a Wonder Wart-hog type mentality not this:

So Steve thinks...........and thinks.............and thinks
"Understanding this, here is the first of two ideas about how a revamped Motocross of Nations could work:

Each team picks five racers in each class.
The 10 racers on each team line up and race two (or three) motos.
The score is tabulated and the champion region is crowned.

Or here is a second way a revamped Motocross of Nations could work:

Each team picks 10 racers in each class.
Similar to the current format, “USA” races “Rest of World” in moto one, then “Rest of World” races “Europe” in moto two, and then “USA” races “Europe” in the final moto (or some variation thereof).
The results are tabulated and the champion region is crowned.

Check out the list of racers we could have on each team and try to imagine how good it would be if the race were held this way in 2013:
"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

#1 Its THE MX Des Nations!

#2.: How about each country that wishes to participate assemble their best team possible. Send that team to a predisclosed venue in a pre-determined country voted on by the powers in charge at the time and MX Sports at the beginning of the outdoor series and get world wide prime time television coverage for the event.

We think that would work.
He forgot to ban all dogs! ........This is the SECOND stupidest thing that I've heard about cox!
visser62
9/4/2013 10:37am
frita wrote:
newmann wrote:
They have almost lost it every year since 2007, but always come through. The difference between the smaller MX countries and America has closed up somewhat...
They have almost lost it every year since 2007, but always come through. The difference between the smaller MX countries and America has closed up somewhat. As for AMA versus FIM, that seems pretty level at the moment. Which is great for the sport. Americans still know how to win when the crunch is on though.
Whoa. My comment got taken way out of context. I like most of the FIM riders better than a lot of the U.S. riders. I was referring to the first scenario I saw, where it said each country would field ten riders. Most countries don't have that kind of depth.
1-forty-8
9/4/2013 10:43am
Seeing as he called it, he should organize and pay for the first one.. Only fair Laughing

Good luck Steve, I'm behind you !
mxpappy711
9/4/2013 11:20am
If the issue is our giant pool of riders, why aren't we winning the ISDE every year too? Not trying to stir the pot but you would think off road teams would produce the same results as MX teams. Trials teams? Don't think its our population. We get our asses handed to us regularly in those events. Maybe luck?
Before you start flaming, I have a lot of respect for all racers worldwide.
Brent
9/4/2013 11:20am
There is no money in it for anyone except the promoter. Why would so many guys risk their career for a race that means nothing?

Its getting to be like the NFL Pro Bowl. Fun to watch for awhile but who give a shit who wins...

Post a reply to: Cox fixes the MX of Nations

The Latest