Covington back to MXGP ?

MXMattii
8/19/2019 4:00pm
MXMattii wrote:
Some of you should really start following the [url=https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Clement-Desalle-2020,1362642?page=7]MXGP Silly Season topic[/url]. [quote]About Thomas Covington coming back to Europe. Today I spoke to a well informed...
Some of you should really start following the MXGP Silly Season topic.

About Thomas Covington coming back to Europe. Today I spoke to a well informed insider and he said following thing. Because Covington still got a one year deal with Husqvarna, Mitch Covington has tried to create a "Monster Energy Husqvarna Team" lead by Jacky Martens with riders: Thomas Covington and this is the biggest news Justin Barcia!

Husqvarna wasn't really against this idea, but to get these two riders both Husqvarna and Monster Energy needed to go "All-In" also financially. Something Red Bull has blocked, going politician-modus. Non of the two Austrian brands (KTM & Husqvarna) will (ever) support a Monster Energy sponsored team (financially). Monster Energy is the only brand of energy drink close to Red Bull and Red Bull clearly didn't hesitate to use their power at the KTM Group to prevent a Monster Energy Logo shining on a official supported Husqvarna/KTM bike.

So Husqvarna has told the "Covington clan" that they can't support them in this project and they (talked) or are still talking with almost all brands. But knowing that most teams doesn't have the same financial space as Husqvarna/KTM because they don't sell as much off road bikes, I suspect that they won't be aiming at Justin Barcia anymore. Thomas Covington and Max Anstie on Green,Blue,Yellow,Red,... bikes would look like a solid team but the same can be said about Guillod, Tixier and others like Searle.
DonM wrote:
Barcia was never going anywhere or talking to anybody...he has a contract with Yamaha in the US...
I think I showed my credibility already enough in the MXGP Silly season topic. So if you're not Justin Barcia' mom, dad, agent, girlfriend or himself then I trust my own source more then you. Also Covington has still a contract with Husqvarna in the US and he's going somewhere!!
bsharkey
8/19/2019 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 6:55am
. The gp guys always say our series sucks. So why would they take him back after his results here. He needs to regroup, get healthy and get results again before he does anything. . Same thing sanayaei is going thru in mx2 this year. Tons of talent but trying to come back too soon
DonM
8/19/2019 7:57pm
MXMattii wrote:
Some of you should really start following the [url=https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Clement-Desalle-2020,1362642?page=7]MXGP Silly Season topic[/url]. [quote]About Thomas Covington coming back to Europe. Today I spoke to a well informed...
Some of you should really start following the MXGP Silly Season topic.

About Thomas Covington coming back to Europe. Today I spoke to a well informed insider and he said following thing. Because Covington still got a one year deal with Husqvarna, Mitch Covington has tried to create a "Monster Energy Husqvarna Team" lead by Jacky Martens with riders: Thomas Covington and this is the biggest news Justin Barcia!

Husqvarna wasn't really against this idea, but to get these two riders both Husqvarna and Monster Energy needed to go "All-In" also financially. Something Red Bull has blocked, going politician-modus. Non of the two Austrian brands (KTM & Husqvarna) will (ever) support a Monster Energy sponsored team (financially). Monster Energy is the only brand of energy drink close to Red Bull and Red Bull clearly didn't hesitate to use their power at the KTM Group to prevent a Monster Energy Logo shining on a official supported Husqvarna/KTM bike.

So Husqvarna has told the "Covington clan" that they can't support them in this project and they (talked) or are still talking with almost all brands. But knowing that most teams doesn't have the same financial space as Husqvarna/KTM because they don't sell as much off road bikes, I suspect that they won't be aiming at Justin Barcia anymore. Thomas Covington and Max Anstie on Green,Blue,Yellow,Red,... bikes would look like a solid team but the same can be said about Guillod, Tixier and others like Searle.
DonM wrote:
Barcia was never going anywhere or talking to anybody...he has a contract with Yamaha in the US...
MXMattii wrote:
I think I showed my credibility already enough in the MXGP Silly season topic. So if you're not Justin Barcia' mom, dad, agent, girlfriend or himself...
I think I showed my credibility already enough in the MXGP Silly season topic. So if you're not Justin Barcia' mom, dad, agent, girlfriend or himself then I trust my own source more then you. Also Covington has still a contract with Husqvarna in the US and he's going somewhere!!
I said nothing about your credibility, Barcia isn't going anywhere until his contract is up with Yamaha is what I said...Time will tell
Natester551v
8/23/2019 6:28am
As a fan base we complain about the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, and ironically it seems a lot of those same fans are ready to toss TC out already...

What part of injury and illness wasn't clear? Once he's healthy he'll be fine...the kid rips....

The Shop

500guy
8/23/2019 8:47am
As a fan base we complain about the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, and ironically it seems a lot of those same fans...
As a fan base we complain about the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, and ironically it seems a lot of those same fans are ready to toss TC out already...

What part of injury and illness wasn't clear? Once he's healthy he'll be fine...the kid rips....
Illness maybe okay but holy shit if He can't throw down even one good lap He should not be out there.

His results since he came home are baffling.
8/23/2019 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 2:23pm
As a fan base we complain about the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, and ironically it seems a lot of those same fans...

500guy wrote:
Illness maybe okay but holy shit if He can't throw down even one good lap He should not be out there. His results since he came...
Illness maybe okay but holy shit if He can't throw down even one good lap He should not be out there.

Baffling? Does anyone on here not understand when racers don’t race. They don’t get paid. It’s a shame so many people treat racers like they are animals. They are humans. Just like you, but they don’t the benefit of having an excuse like you. They don’t get sick days. They have kids and people bag on them. They break their legs and it’s when the heck are they going to be back? Injure their brain and ohhhh they just bumped their head. It’s not like other sports and it’s sickening the risk vs reward behind it all. Yeah it’s grassroots yada yada yada. The guys who started this weren’t racing all year round. They were not seat bouncing 3 onto a table and quading out for 20 laps. They didn’t have a mechanic rushing to look over their motorcycle for 25 minutes wide open just to make sure it stays together for another 35 minutes. The only thing they did have was respect. Something that not even the top guys get anymore. It’s like an episode of the view around here anymore.
500guy
8/23/2019 2:30pm
Baffling? Does anyone on here not understand when racers don’t race. They don’t get paid. It’s a shame so many people treat racers like they are...
Baffling? Does anyone on here not understand when racers don’t race. They don’t get paid. It’s a shame so many people treat racers like they are animals. They are humans. Just like you, but they don’t the benefit of having an excuse like you. They don’t get sick days. They have kids and people bag on them. They break their legs and it’s when the heck are they going to be back? Injure their brain and ohhhh they just bumped their head. It’s not like other sports and it’s sickening the risk vs reward behind it all. Yeah it’s grassroots yada yada yada. The guys who started this weren’t racing all year round. They were not seat bouncing 3 onto a table and quading out for 20 laps. They didn’t have a mechanic rushing to look over their motorcycle for 25 minutes wide open just to make sure it stays together for another 35 minutes. The only thing they did have was respect. Something that not even the top guys get anymore. It’s like an episode of the view around here anymore.
WTF are you babbling about? You are more baffling than his results. By the way I don't get sick days or Vacation days so that theory is out.

Also risk vs Reward is up to the Participant nobody is forced to race.

You take a guy who contended in GP's last year and even won and now He can't even log one fast lap? yes that is baffling.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/23/2019 2:41pm
After following his amateur career I'm actually more "baffled" by his GP success than his domestic mediocrity
8/23/2019 2:45pm
500guy wrote:
Illness maybe okay but holy shit if He can't throw down even one good lap He should not be out there. His results since he came...

he had a top 10 in his very first SX race ..not bad at all , after that it all went wrong real quick
500guy
8/23/2019 2:56pm
he had a top 10 in his very first SX race ..not bad at all , after that it all went wrong real quick
Yea, I remember that, just crazy how side ways it went.
8/23/2019 3:17pm
500guy wrote:

Hes on a factory team. Top 10 should be the minimum
Nuffsaid
8/23/2019 7:02pm
GrapeApe wrote:
After following his amateur career I'm actually more "baffled" by his GP success than his domestic mediocrity
Someone finally brought this up,
8/24/2019 12:56am
Hes on a factory team. Top 10 should be the minimum
if healthy and fit , no doubt and i quess thats why they signed him ... but he never raced SX , so to think a rookie comes over and races SX top 10 first year is only for the real talented like Roczen , Thomas is not in that category

you dont go from winning GP's to not qualify for races with 40 man startgates without a damn good reason ..

Post a reply to: Covington back to MXGP ?

The Latest