Covington and the goat farm

bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
I was a little surprised to hear that Covington is training at the goat farm. I know KTM and Husky’s relationship with Aldons program. ZO was at the bakers factory while he was on 250’s so why isn’t Thomas? Is it that there is no room for him or what because I assume husky is expecting him to be their “next” guy.

That said, I know a lot of guys on green Kawasaki’s spend some time at rc’s place so this whole training thing has me confused a little.

I also know that Tld was spending a little time at aldons so last year So what’s going on.

Insight form any who knows would be nice.
|
motomike894
2/22/2019 3:40pm
I know 2 people that ride at Carmichaels, you just pay X amount of money to ride there during SX or the MX season, or both.

There is really no training there other than RC mom helps with lap times and the periodic help whenever Ricky is there, but Ricky usually is never there, just here or there.

That being said I have no clue why Covington isn't at Aldons, my only guess is maybe Aldon didn't want to take anyone else on ? Or maybe Covington didn't want to do it, not sure, I do know my 2 buddies that ride at Rickys both beat Covington in lap times lol.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
2/22/2019 3:48pm
I know 2 people that ride at Carmichaels, you just pay X amount of money to ride there during SX or the MX season, or both...
I know 2 people that ride at Carmichaels, you just pay X amount of money to ride there during SX or the MX season, or both.

There is really no training there other than RC mom helps with lap times and the periodic help whenever Ricky is there, but Ricky usually is never there, just here or there.

That being said I have no clue why Covington isn't at Aldons, my only guess is maybe Aldon didn't want to take anyone else on ? Or maybe Covington didn't want to do it, not sure, I do know my 2 buddies that ride at Rickys both beat Covington in lap times lol.
That’s interesting. Thanks for the insight man! I figured Ricky and his mom were more instrumental in the training program there.
slumpstone
2/23/2019 6:24am
I know 2 people that ride at Carmichaels, you just pay X amount of money to ride there during SX or the MX season, or both...

Check back when they shift to outdoor and let us know if your 2 buddies are within 6 seconds a lap of Thomas. They won’t be I promise.

The Shop

shuggs
2/23/2019 6:40am

Wow your buddies are faster than a SX rookie bet their gladSilly
motomike894
2/23/2019 6:40am

slumpstone wrote:
Check back when they shift to outdoor and let us know if your 2 buddies are within 6 seconds a lap of Thomas. They won’t be...
Check back when they shift to outdoor and let us know if your 2 buddies are within 6 seconds a lap of Thomas. They won’t be I promise.
Lol within 6 seconds depending on track pretty good chance yeah, but faster no way, still surprised how far Covington is off in sx.

But yeah I’m hoping come outdoors Covington just unleashes, I just hope he doesn’t get hurt in sx before then but I think he’s taking it really easy so he doesn’t and that’s why he isn’t doing great.
motomike894
2/23/2019 6:46am

shuggs wrote:
Wow your buddies are faster than a SX rookie bet their gladSilly
Well so is TJ ? Lol and Carter this is only his second year in sx so yeah lol
slumpstone
2/23/2019 7:00am
They’ve both made 1 main and the other guy hasn’t made any, so much for being faster in practice.
ob
2/23/2019 7:15am
Yeah he is totally sucking at SX, way worse than I thought he would. I can't wait to see him riding outdoors, he's got to be able to do way better.
motomike894
2/23/2019 7:20am
slumpstone wrote:
They’ve both made 1 main and the other guy hasn’t made any, so much for being faster in practice.
Ok chief lol
keinz
2/23/2019 7:26am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 7:30am
He*s father is the head of the Red Bull compny (or just in US or worldwide) . He can take whattever, or when ever he wants, or train where ever he wants
rehan53
2/23/2019 7:28am
keinz wrote:
He*s father is the head of the Red Bull compny (or just in US or worldwide) . He can take whattever, or when ever he wants...
He*s father is the head of the Red Bull compny (or just in US or worldwide) . He can take whattever, or when ever he wants, or train where ever he wants
Dad works for Monster and he rides for Rockstar.
2/23/2019 7:34am
it took him 4 years to get his first win in MX2 , he is a great rider but maybe just not that good at SX or just needs more time to adjust , as it looks like there is lots of room for improvement ... time will tell
dont see him win races in outdoors either , top 5 would be good or maybe a podium in his first year .
2/23/2019 8:24am
Too much work for Aldon to train someone who isn't already a champion.
bsharkey
2/23/2019 9:23am
Too much work for Aldon to train someone who isn't already a champion.
My thoughts too. I'd like to see what he could do with a privateer and see how much he could improve them
Sideways
2/23/2019 9:49am
What should we expect from Hunter Lawrence if this is where Covington is? Has Lawrence ridden alot more supercross?
I believe Hunter will do alot better.. to bad he got injured, that will set him back alot.

As Loots said, it took covington many years to even be competitve in the mx2 GPs. Maybe he just a guy that needs time to figure stuff out.
RexEasely
2/23/2019 11:15am
if he cant race in summer from a sx injury then I say it's a bad year for him.
2/24/2019 2:14am

so your "buddies" finished 9th and 10th at the 1st round of the east did they?
2/24/2019 2:20am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 2:21am
so Covington is injured and out ?? exlains his poor quali i quess
logan_140
2/24/2019 6:16am

This is what my buddy said too, he was a practice wrench for a rider there. Just left to go to MTF and said it’s night and day difference.
Mit12
2/24/2019 1:20pm
Covington needs to learn how to walk before he can learn to run. At the farm they will teach him how to ride SX at Backers factory they teach the riders intensity.
LungButter
2/24/2019 1:37pm
Mit12 wrote:
Covington needs to learn how to walk before he can learn to run. At the farm they will teach him how to ride SX at Backers...
Covington needs to learn how to walk before he can learn to run. At the farm they will teach him how to ride SX at Backers factory they teach the riders intensity.
Seems like they aren't teaching him shit.

Factory bike and not being able to even make 250 East mains isn't great.

I'm with Matthes, Covington should be better.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
2/24/2019 2:00pm
bigk218 wrote:
I was a little surprised to hear that Covington is training at the goat farm. I know KTM and Husky’s relationship with Aldons program. ZO was...
I was a little surprised to hear that Covington is training at the goat farm. I know KTM and Husky’s relationship with Aldons program. ZO was at the bakers factory while he was on 250’s so why isn’t Thomas? Is it that there is no room for him or what because I assume husky is expecting him to be their “next” guy.

That said, I know a lot of guys on green Kawasaki’s spend some time at rc’s place so this whole training thing has me confused a little.

I also know that Tld was spending a little time at aldons so last year So what’s going on.

Insight form any who knows would be nice.
aldon has stated in a recent interview he keeps the amount of riders low, basically 4 is his max at the moment.

he could train with the tld crew under swanpoel
MXMattii
2/24/2019 2:23pm

Aldon isn't the only trainer at the Aldon factory if I'm informed correctly. Tyla Rattray is there too to train the riders. He does for almost all the TLD riders so Convington could join them, Tyla knows how hard it is to transition between MXGP and Supercross...

But working together or training together and using his eyes to learn then RC farm isn't too bad either with guys as Jace Owen, Joey Savatgy (if he is still there?),... Maybe Champ academy is something to consider they helped Anderson in his rookie years on that Suzuki.
Ranman68
2/24/2019 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 6:56pm
Supercross is such a different animal than outdoor GP's. Technique is so different and especially with all the sand and loamy dirt they race on so often. The differences between the two styles has grown more in recent years I believe with supercross tracks getting more sketchy with more of those tricky rithym sections. GP riders never see that stuff and aren't use to such intense, elbow to elbow racing where crazy aggressive block passing is not only the norm, but required. Its got to be a tough thing to adapt to. Only those who are aggressive enough by nature are gonna be able to do well at it. I dont question Covington's riding ability. I just question his aggressiveness and fearlessness. If he doesnt have it in him, then he just doesnt. That doesn't mean he can't ride well in outdoors (GP or AMA) by using good technique....which he has. Ferrandis has the fearlessness and aggressive nature to do well in sx, but Covington may or may not. I think Hunter Lawrence has it. Just based on what ive seen. I could be wrong. Time will tell.
gleanerman
2/24/2019 7:35pm
It's pretty bad when a factory rider can't make the main, sad.
49weasel
2/24/2019 7:41pm

slumpstone wrote:
Check back when they shift to outdoor and let us know if your 2 buddies are within 6 seconds a lap of Thomas. They won’t be...
How do you type with Covington’s cock in your mouth?
I’ll bet Thomas will be outside the top ten most of the outdoor season.
motomike894
2/24/2019 7:49pm

slumpstone wrote:
49weasel wrote:
How do you type with Covington’s cock in your mouth?
I’ll bet Thomas will be outside the top ten most of the outdoor season.
I was wondering same thing

Post a reply to: Covington and the goat farm

The Latest