Covington 2019

msp138
10/12/2018 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 7:15pm
Didn't an AMA rider beat him from pretty far back in the pack at the USGP in Florida last year? Whistling
JB479 wrote:
is that the same guy who got caught and nearly passed by a 17 year old on an underpowered Suzuki in the second moto?
I guess. What's that matter? My point is that Covington couldn't beat an AMA rider last year but people are assuming he will do good in...
I guess. What's that matter? My point is that Covington couldn't beat an AMA rider last year but people are assuming he will do good in the AMA nationals because Plessinger did poorly against the GP riders at MXON. Tongue
Look I saw Prado and Lawrence myself in person at Red Bud. I thought to myself wow maybe Covington has way more speed than we think he does since he’s been the GP’s. It had nothing to do with how AP performed. I’m a huge Plessinger fan I think he’s the future of the sport. I just thought Covington might take the nationals by storm like say another guy who proved himself in the GP’s then came over. And I know it took Zach a few years to do so.
KDXGarage
10/13/2018 2:07am
Heck yeah, vitalmx!

MEC hasn't even ran yet and people are speculating how he will do starting in late May (7 months away) after training and the SX season.
Helda
10/13/2018 2:22am
TDeath21 wrote:
Let’s see. Off the top of my head, legit MX title contenders will be ... Cianciarulo Forkner Cooper Lawrence Covington Ferrandis Hampshire Sexton Smith They all...
Let’s see. Off the top of my head, legit MX title contenders will be ...

Cianciarulo

Forkner

Cooper

Lawrence

Covington

Ferrandis

Hampshire

Sexton

Smith

They all must survive SX first.

I’m sure there’s someone I’m forgetting.

MX only, based on what I saw at Red Bud and have seen at the MXoN the past few years, Covington has to be a top favorite for the MX Championship.
Man it is stacked next year!

The Shop

philG
10/13/2018 3:04am
RG1 wrote:
I don't really see him as a title contender, because he has never really been that. He has 5 GP wins in 5 years and finished...
I don't really see him as a title contender, because he has never really been that. He has 5 GP wins in 5 years and finished 17th, 12th, 11th, 4th and 5th in the points in MX2, in fairness, he missed some races in that time as well, but it kind of highlights his inconsistency. Watching the races, it seems like he's always there, but the results say otherwise. He is a good rider, one that you know could win or podium on any given day and it wouldn't surprise you at all, but he just hasn't managed to nail a full season down in GP's. I think he will get some podiums outdoors and maybe win some races, but I'll go 5-10 in points.
Those first 3 seasons were with DRT , so there will be a fair few DNF's in there for sure, and this year he was slow to get going after a winter recovering from his knee surgery..

If he had hit the ground running , i reckon 3rd was as good as he would have done, but he would have rattled Jonass a fair bit for sure.

Post a reply to: Covington 2019

The Latest