Covington...

Sideways
5/26/2019 1:02am
early wrote:
Factory KTM/husky bike in mx2 is like cheating compared to the competition.
mccread wrote:
Yeah he was cheating. He’s really not very good. Captain deluded....Dizzy

What a completely disrespectful post for Tom’s achievements in the world championship. Disgraceful.
early wrote:
Hunter and Dylan displayed way more potential in their time in MX2. Maybe you weren't paying attention. To claim that they should all have equal expectations...
Hunter and Dylan displayed way more potential in their time in MX2. Maybe you weren't paying attention. To claim that they should all have equal expectations is disrepectful to Lawrence and Ferrandis.
Dylan maybe, but Covington was better than Lawrence in the GPs. Ofc Hunter is still a young kid but to say he has showed way more in the GPs than Covington is wrong. Just go look at all the results from last year.

Thats why its obvious that something is very wrong with covington. You dont go from beating Hunter (who clearly was faster than AC today) to not even taking points.
jpmoney57
5/26/2019 1:33am
IF covington is riding with an injury, why doesn’t he just pull out and get it sorted? Thats why i think its BS that he has an injury. No factory team manager would let an injured rider wobble about outside the top 20 and that far of the pace, it makes the team and the bike look so bad. But i think he needs to find something quick before the plug gets pulled on the Covington contract.
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
5/26/2019 2:46am
jpmoney57 wrote:
IF covington is riding with an injury, why doesn’t he just pull out and get it sorted? Thats why i think its BS that he has...
IF covington is riding with an injury, why doesn’t he just pull out and get it sorted? Thats why i think its BS that he has an injury. No factory team manager would let an injured rider wobble about outside the top 20 and that far of the pace, it makes the team and the bike look so bad. But i think he needs to find something quick before the plug gets pulled on the Covington contract.
he could be riding injured because in his contract he has to do a certain amount of races or no contract for second year. pure speculation but

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/26/2019 3:19am
Jeez people the whole Hunter/Covington and Harrison game is worse than usual. Hunter has always had massive potential he is young and finally on a good bike, something is wrong with Covington. He is not attacking the track at all. Can’t draw comparisons from Covington’s positions right now. Harrison just went to the GPs and good for him. He was not gonna get a ride on a good team in the states and might not ever again. He should be a 10-15 guy and on a good day top 10. Let someone like him only focus on GPs for a year or two and see where he ends up.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/26/2019 7:16am
Sideways wrote:
Dylan maybe, but Covington was better than Lawrence in the GPs. Ofc Hunter is still a young kid but to say he has showed way more...
Dylan maybe, but Covington was better than Lawrence in the GPs. Ofc Hunter is still a young kid but to say he has showed way more in the GPs than Covington is wrong. Just go look at all the results from last year.

Thats why its obvious that something is very wrong with covington. You dont go from beating Hunter (who clearly was faster than AC today) to not even taking points.
Go back and watch the races, the numbers on the results page don't tell the whole story.
Johnny Ringo
5/26/2019 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 8:17am
H-Law looked great yesterday
Barrett57
5/26/2019 8:52am
early wrote:
Factory KTM/husky bike in mx2 is like cheating compared to the competition.
I'm not so sure, those F&H kawasakis look pretty damn fast to me.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/26/2019 12:03pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I was more comparing the equipment Lawrence was on, I think it held him back in the GPs. He had a Geico bike at Redbud and that worked out pretty well. He made his Suzuki work at Matterly through shear will.
Barrett57
5/26/2019 12:23pm
early wrote:
I was more comparing the equipment Lawrence was on, I think it held him back in the GPs. He had a Geico bike at Redbud and...
I was more comparing the equipment Lawrence was on, I think it held him back in the GPs. He had a Geico bike at Redbud and that worked out pretty well. He made his Suzuki work at Matterly through shear will.
Yeah I agree, I doubt his Honda was on the level of the KTMs. Although Mitchell Evans has had a few really good rides on a 411 Honda this year.
5/26/2019 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 12:30pm
Well, I guess this settles once and for all which series is tougher. Tongue
UpTiTe wrote:
I agree, Hunter Lawrence was barely a top 5 rider in GPs and now here qualified 3.
Didn't know getting on the podium multiple times and winning at least one moto meant you were "barely a top 5 rider".

Also funny how some of you have changed the tune, Hunter Lawrence has been one of the biggest names coming up recently but because he's showing speed in the USA some of you are acting like he was never supposed to do anything. Pathetic.
5/26/2019 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 12:39pm
Didn't know getting on the podium multiple times and winning at least one moto meant you were "barely a top 5 rider". Also funny how some...
Didn't know getting on the podium multiple times and winning at least one moto meant you were "barely a top 5 rider".

Also funny how some of you have changed the tune, Hunter Lawrence has been one of the biggest names coming up recently but because he's showing speed in the USA some of you are acting like he was never supposed to do anything. Pathetic.
It seems like it has become popular these days to over generalize and shit on American fans. I think a lot of people knew was/is fast.
5/26/2019 12:36pm
Did he sign a 2 year deal? Going to be interesting next year with hampshire on husky as well
drt410
5/26/2019 12:43pm
Lawrence is literally the biggest prospect in mx right now. Thats not lost on anyone. Im still happy guys like him and Shimoda come to the us, Lawrence even went gp’s first. They easily could have chose to just do gp’s. Its great to see the international talent coming up and imo Jo Shimoda is going to be the best Japanese rider in history.
Ranman68
5/26/2019 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 3:14pm
I'm beginning to think it's pointless to use the priir results of Lawrence and Covington in the GPs to make a determination on what their results should be in ama (despite doing that myself as well).
Lawrence is young, so being substantially better this year than he was in the last two years is not out of the question. Especially when on a substantially better bike and team. I think Lawrence now is indeed better than he's ever been. I also think his style suits American tracks and racing better than Covington's. If they were to both go back to the GPs, maybe Covington would do much better and Lawrence wouldn't do quite as well. Who knows. To me, Gajser is kinda like Lawrence. I think Gajser would do well in ama where someone like Febvre wouldn't do nearly as well. I think it's a riding style thing. Some guys are just gonna do better at GP style tracks than ama tracks and some are gonna perform better on ama tracks than gp tracks. That's more what I'm starting to believe, and I believe Covington just isn't going to ever do nearly as well in the U.S. as he did in Europe due to his style of riding. It's not a speed thing and it's clear when you see certain riders who did well in GPs get smoked in the U.S. as well as seeing guys who did well in the U.S. get smoked in the GPs. Some guys are just better suited to one series and types of tracks than others.
As far as Covington possibly being held back by an injury, I think that still may be the case but even healthy I don't see the guy doing well here. Or at least not nearly as well as Lawrence. In the GPs it could be a different story for them both. There isn't a "better" series or "better" riders. There's just a different series and riders who excel in different areas. I think Covington excels on European tracks and formats more than ama, and Lawrence is better suited to ama tracks/formats than to the GPs.
That's what I'm starting to believe more and more.

aees
5/27/2019 4:52am
It is not mental when you are that far of on lap times. He is injured or he has major issues with bike setup.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/27/2019 5:46am
He won the usmxgp qualifier very easily by 7 seconds over second and almost the won moto 1.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/27/2019 6:02am
By the end of the june there are gonna be like 5 Covington threads in top10 of dumbgeon.

Here. I called it.
St Ann More
5/27/2019 7:22am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2019 7:26am
Barrett57 wrote:
early wrote:
I was more comparing the equipment Lawrence was on, I think it held him back in the GPs. He had a Geico bike at Redbud and...
Always the bike excuses with Hunter and GP's:

2017 - Hunter proved the bike could win a GP, land on the podium, run with a Geico bike at WW Ranch, compete/beat Zacho at Matterley etc etc. Hunter also finished 300+ points behind his teammate on a Suzuki in the championship.

2018 - First race of the season, on one of the fastest tracks on the schedule, Hunter landed on the podium with his Honda, beating the likes of Prado on his 'cheating compared to the competition factory KTM'.

Personally 'sheer will' at Matterley and 'Geico bike' at Red Bud excuses Hunter, blames the bike and does a disservice to his MX2 regular competition. That's bullshit in my book.

Perhaps he wasn't on the best bike, but his results showed it was capable! He had speed, but also inconsistency, would fall apart and would crash in MX2. Arguably he did the same in EMX250 with largely less competition/depth.

So far in America, he's done the same!

St Ann More
5/27/2019 7:44am
aees wrote:
It is not mental when you are that far of on lap times. He is injured or he has major issues with bike setup.
Bingo!

People just want to slate the lad because of his success in MXGP and apply/use his results as a benchmark.

The bubble will have to burst, surely this won't continue all season? He'll either be sidelined or show his potential.

Post a reply to: Covington...

The Latest