Covington

slumpstone
3/11/2019 5:25am
FlaNard wrote:
I'd have him preparing for the Nationals after he races Daytona. Yeah he needs experience but he is really far off this year. I think coming...
I'd have him preparing for the Nationals after he races Daytona. Yeah he needs experience but he is really far off this year. I think coming in fresh and healthy for the outdoors is a smart move at this point.
slumpstone wrote:
That’s great advice. That way next year when it’s sx time he will be exactly where he is now.
FlaNard wrote:
Plenty of time to work on supercross between now and next season. If they're paying him to compete well outdoors I'd get him there healthy. No...
Plenty of time to work on supercross between now and next season. If they're paying him to compete well outdoors I'd get him there healthy. No point sending Bambi out on the ice over and over again. If he were even remotely close I'd agree with you.
When is all this time you speak of? After the 24th moto of outdoors is over? Then possibly MX o Nations and monster cup? No one has their sx tracks prepared till October.
seventeen
3/11/2019 7:11am
Thomas Covington...

Proves two things.

Supercross is Gnarly

The MX2 Class is WEAK...
Press516
Fantasy
111th
3/11/2019 7:52am
seventeen wrote:
Thomas Covington...

Proves two things.

Supercross is Gnarly

The MX2 Class is WEAK...
MX2 is somewhat weak outside of Prado in my opinion... RJ showed that 1.5 years ago. But, TKO is riding well this season and I think they are picking it up a bit chasing Prado.

Since we haven't seen Covington go head to head outdoors yet, the jury is still out. But I think maybe we're just seeing a weakness in him. Hard to imagine that he isn't vastly more competitive outdoors.
seventeen
3/11/2019 10:39am
seventeen wrote:
Thomas Covington...

Proves two things.

Supercross is Gnarly

The MX2 Class is WEAK...
Press516 wrote:
MX2 is somewhat weak outside of Prado in my opinion... RJ showed that 1.5 years ago. But, TKO is riding well this season and I think...
MX2 is somewhat weak outside of Prado in my opinion... RJ showed that 1.5 years ago. But, TKO is riding well this season and I think they are picking it up a bit chasing Prado.

Since we haven't seen Covington go head to head outdoors yet, the jury is still out. But I think maybe we're just seeing a weakness in him. Hard to imagine that he isn't vastly more competitive outdoors.
I have no beef with TKO - Glad to see him on home soil really...

that being said he should be top ten - especially towards the end of the series if he stays healthy.

On thing GP fans forget to factor in is our gate. Always 40 riders..not nineteen or twenty two or however many can afford to attend as in MXGP. If TKO does not have his start game dialed he will have to pass twenty riders to get to the top ten and by then the leaders are long gone. Truly I see his teammate Jordan Bailey being just as strong as him. That kid is putting in the work.

The Shop

Raoul Duke
3/11/2019 10:49am
seventeen wrote:
Thomas Covington...

Proves two things.

Supercross is Gnarly

The MX2 Class is WEAK...
Press516 wrote:
MX2 is somewhat weak outside of Prado in my opinion... RJ showed that 1.5 years ago. But, TKO is riding well this season and I think...

seventeen wrote:
I have no beef with TKO - Glad to see him on home soil really... that being said he should be top ten - especially towards...

that being said he should be top ten - especially towards the end of the series if he stays healthy.

On thing GP fans forget to factor in is our gate. Always 40 riders..not nineteen or twenty two or however many can afford to attend as in MXGP. If TKO does not have his start game dialed he will have to pass twenty riders to get to the top ten and by then the leaders are long gone. Truly I see his teammate Jordan Bailey being just as strong as him. That kid is putting in the work.
TKO is Thomas Kjer-Olson not Thomas Covington.
St Ann More
3/11/2019 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2019 1:46pm
seventeen wrote:
Thomas Covington...

Proves two things.

Supercross is Gnarly

The MX2 Class is WEAK...
Press516 wrote:

seventeen wrote:
I have no beef with TKO - Glad to see him on home soil really... that being said he should be top ten - especially towards...

TKO is not Covington.

Covington (if healthy) will make the dudes 20th-40th look irrelevant, he'll be lapping most (if not all) of them most weekends.
seventeen
3/11/2019 4:12pm
Press516 wrote:

seventeen wrote:

TKO is not Covington.

Covington (if healthy) will make the dudes 20th-40th look irrelevant, he'll be lapping most (if not all) of them most weekends.
You sir, clearly, have not been in the beehive of 20-30th place at an AMA national. And again, just speculation here, but if he does have to navigate that maze by time he finds his way out the leaders will be GONE.

Wanna place a bet on it?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/11/2019 4:35pm
Motofinne wrote:
According to Weege, Covingtons knee injury is an ACL injury. So considering that, he did pretty well at Daytona in my opinion. I need to correct...
According to Weege, Covingtons knee injury is an ACL injury. So considering that, he did pretty well at Daytona in my opinion.

I need to correct myself. I somehow wrote Weege, i mean SwapmotoLaughing

Swap posted a picture of Covington on IG with the caption "No ACL? No problem. @bigairtom is back on the bike today in Daytona."
Huh.

I heard he doesn't have an ACL in either knee. Also, that he got a bone bruise on the bottom of his femur at the knee during the off-season.

He also did have an off-track excursion during practice and made contact with a rather large flagger (I'd guess 250+) who went out on one of the Daytona medic carts.

The team has clearly said that this time around is a learning year for Supercross. They're keeping expectations low, and looking forward to seeing what he can do during the outdoor season.

I've seen years that Daytona is more outdoor-like, and years where it's more Supercross-like. This year was clearly more toward the SX side.
Casting
3/11/2019 4:42pm
Covington took out a flagger? Damn. Hope the guy is ok.

I haven't heard of that happening much recently, but that's just my memory. When is the last time a flagger, or anyone got hit and had to be carted off/got hurt?
plowboy
3/11/2019 4:45pm
Motofinne wrote:
According to Weege, Covingtons knee injury is an ACL injury. So considering that, he did pretty well at Daytona in my opinion. I need to correct...
According to Weege, Covingtons knee injury is an ACL injury. So considering that, he did pretty well at Daytona in my opinion.

I need to correct myself. I somehow wrote Weege, i mean SwapmotoLaughing

Swap posted a picture of Covington on IG with the caption "No ACL? No problem. @bigairtom is back on the bike today in Daytona."
GuyB wrote:
Huh. I heard he doesn't have an ACL in either knee. Also, that he got a bone bruise on the bottom of his femur at the...
Huh.

I heard he doesn't have an ACL in either knee. Also, that he got a bone bruise on the bottom of his femur at the knee during the off-season.

He also did have an off-track excursion during practice and made contact with a rather large flagger (I'd guess 250+) who went out on one of the Daytona medic carts.

The team has clearly said that this time around is a learning year for Supercross. They're keeping expectations low, and looking forward to seeing what he can do during the outdoor season.

I've seen years that Daytona is more outdoor-like, and years where it's more Supercross-like. This year was clearly more toward the SX side.
Ok Gibby, off topic but here ya go. Which do you prefer covering, SX or MX, and why?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/11/2019 5:26pm
plowboy wrote:
Ok Gibby, off topic but here ya go. Which do you prefer covering, SX or MX, and why?
I'm actually really grateful that we have both here. About the time every year I get tired of trudging around stadiums and watching really stiff suspension, it's time to head outdoors where they can hold it wide open, and we get rough, fast, tracks. Then, about the time I'm tired of sweating my tail off in ridiculous heat and humidity, it's time to head for the safety of climate-controlled domes.

For the record, I'm not tired of this SX season yet. Wink

Also, I like how I switch up the travel. I drive to the reasonably close SX races (Anaheim, San Diego, Glendale, Oakland and Vegas), and fly to the rest. Then I do the trailer thing during the summer, driving to the first nine races on the schedule, so that's a bit like a summer tour around the U.S. This year will be my ninth lap around the country. I try to vary up the travel routes a little, and I also bring my mountain bike with me and get in some riding time.

Oh yeah. In the past, the photo access in SX was really restrictive, and that was a little less fun and there were fewer creative options. This year I think they've made it somewhat tougher to get photo credentials for SX, and they've made the access quite a bit better...especially in the early rounds.

Post a reply to: Covington

The Latest