Covington

keinz
2/10/2019 5:29am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2019 4:45pm
Whats are your doubts. 7th in tthe main. I think pretty good for the roookie: Sry 11th
|
2/10/2019 6:33am
I think he did what he needed to do. He was okay and didn't crash everywhere. He'll start moving forward later in the year.
Motofinne
2/10/2019 6:36am
Considering how bad the day started for him he has to be somewhat happy with the main.
ATKpilot99
2/10/2019 6:38am
Finished on the lead lap on a 48 sec. laptime track. Not too bad for his first time out. I just hope he stays healthy for outdoors.
kage173
2/10/2019 6:39am
I'm a little torn on calling GP riders rookies. Hes been racing pro for years. Justin Cooper is an actual rookie and he got on the podium. So Covington was lackluster.

The Shop

Titan1
2/10/2019 6:40am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 6:45am
He’d better smoke everyone outdoors (and I sincerely hope he is battling for wins, we need more fast guys there) or this will be his last factory ride...it was his first supercross, but he didn’t look great. And I’m sure Husky isn’t paying him for top 15’s in a regional supercross series.

I know all the GP fan boys are hoping he was/is going to smoke everyone so they can do the whole “he was barely top 5 in MX2, and he’s winning in America...see? GP’s are better. Told ya so!” thing.
2/10/2019 6:40am
not bad for a first SX main he said on MXlarge

“It was a solid first weekend for me,” Covington said. “I was definitely a little bit nervous and tight throughout the whole day but each session got a little bit better and I squeaked into the Main Event in the heat. In the Main Event, I just went out and had as much fun as I could out there and it turned out pretty good. I was happy with how the bike was working and everything, just have to get back to work this week and hopefully progress next weekend.”
Flip109
2/10/2019 6:41am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Finished on the lead lap on a 48 sec. laptime track. Not too bad for his first time out. I just hope he stays healthy for...
Finished on the lead lap on a 48 sec. laptime track. Not too bad for his first time out. I just hope he stays healthy for outdoors.
This. Hope he takes it easy in sx. Really curious how he will do outdoors.
kage173
2/10/2019 6:46am
I'm a little torn on calling GP riders rookies. Hes been racing pro for years. Justin Cooper is an actual rookie and he got on the podium. So Covington was lackluster.
2/10/2019 6:47am
Titan1 wrote:
He’d better smoke everyone outdoors (and I sincerely hope he is battling for wins, we need more fast guys there) or this will be his last...
He’d better smoke everyone outdoors (and I sincerely hope he is battling for wins, we need more fast guys there) or this will be his last factory ride...it was his first supercross, but he didn’t look great. And I’m sure Husky isn’t paying him for top 15’s in a regional supercross series.

I know all the GP fan boys are hoping he was/is going to smoke everyone so they can do the whole “he was barely top 5 in MX2, and he’s winning in America...see? GP’s are better. Told ya so!” thing.
dont need to , Osborne already did Tongue
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
2/10/2019 6:48am
kage173 wrote:
I'm a little torn on calling GP riders rookies. Hes been racing pro for years. Justin Cooper is an actual rookie and he got on the...
We get your point...2x
2/10/2019 6:52am
People on here say Herlings wouldn't be shit in SX, but expect Covington to be top 3 right away... lol

It took him some time to adapt to the GP's as well so I wouldn't hold my breath on him being up front at SX. He needs to gain experience and stay healthy and come out blazing next year.
slumpstone
2/10/2019 7:12am
kage173 wrote:
I'm a little torn on calling GP riders rookies. Hes been racing pro for years. Justin Cooper is an actual rookie and he got on the...
Cooper has raced outdoors for a full season plus 3? Thomas has never raced supercross so thomas IS an actual rookie
ayearinmx
2/10/2019 7:17am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:23am
kage173 wrote:
an actual rookie......?

so what about A1 in 2018? Do we not count Cooper's 9th place in that? I mean Covington got 11th in his first SX but that's completely lackluster compared with Cooper's 9th?

I'm confused.... Huh

EDIT... and just for the record, I have nothing against Cooper, I was very impressed when I saw him at the USGP and although I'm not 100% sure he is the future Wink , he is a very talented kid.
Mr. Info
2/10/2019 7:49am
Great first race and top 10. Bridges don’t get built in one day.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/10/2019 8:06am
Titan1 wrote:
He’d better smoke everyone outdoors (and I sincerely hope he is battling for wins, we need more fast guys there) or this will be his last...

Not the same Osborne... Not even close. Osborne would destroy the MX2 class today.

Is Herlings the same guy that got roasted by Webb? Or handled by Anderson before Anderson had ever even won an outdoor 450 moto in the US? Reality buddy, reality.

Frankly, I am a big Covington fan, but he got worked... A multi-time GP winner barely qualified for the main. And was quite slow compared to the front guys. Outdoors will be better for Covington, it has to be...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
2/10/2019 8:07am
Mr. Info wrote:
He got 11th
2/10/2019 8:16am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:17am
Press516 wrote:
Not the same Osborne... Not even close. Osborne would destroy the MX2 class today. Is Herlings the same guy that got roasted by Webb? Or handled...
Not the same Osborne... Not even close. Osborne would destroy the MX2 class today.

Is Herlings the same guy that got roasted by Webb? Or handled by Anderson before Anderson had ever even won an outdoor 450 moto in the US? Reality buddy, reality.

Frankly, I am a big Covington fan, but he got worked... A multi-time GP winner barely qualified for the main. And was quite slow compared to the front guys. Outdoors will be better for Covington, it has to be...
so what did you expect from Covington ? dude hasnt raced SX in like 6 or 7 years and was top 5 avg in MXGP
Dont think racing at Lommel etc gives you any advantages on a SX track

i think , 11th at his very first race is very decent , i mean he isnt Prado or Herlings talented
so lets be real ... i dont see him winning SX races at all ... top 5 maybe in time on a track and maybe a podium in future . But he could do better outdoors i think ..

and with Osborne i meant the Osborne who left the MXGP ... i did think you would be smart enough to get that as both have similar careers ...

cbuehler767
2/10/2019 8:27am
Titan1 wrote:

Press516 wrote:
Not the same Osborne... Not even close. Osborne would destroy the MX2 class today. Is Herlings the same guy that got roasted by Webb? Or handled...

Put the crack pipe down. First off Prado would kill Osbourne. The rest of the class sure Zack would cover them. And when you say dumb shit about Ando beating Herlings or Webb beating him on a indoor SX track on a 250 people know your a troll. We both know Herlings is a diff animal now. Ando can't even stay with Tomac. We've seen Tomac get killed by Herlings multiple times now
500guy
2/10/2019 8:28am
Mr. Info wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
He got 11th
Never ever let facts get in the way of a good story. ha ha
racin mason
2/10/2019 8:28am
If I was his boss, I would be pleased with his results.He made the main ,stayed on two wheels,scored a decent finish.
He now knows where he stands with the competition.He knows what he needs to work on to improve his lap times.
It was a good first race,and definitely something he and his team can build on.
cbuehler767
2/10/2019 8:31am
so what did you expect from Covington ? dude hasnt raced SX in like 6 or 7 years and was top 5 avg in MXGP Dont...
so what did you expect from Covington ? dude hasnt raced SX in like 6 or 7 years and was top 5 avg in MXGP

i think , 11th at his very first race is very decent , i mean he isnt Prado or Herlings talented
so lets be real ... i dont see him winning SX races at all ... top 5 maybe in time on a track and maybe a podium in future . But he could do better outdoors i think ..

and with Osborne i meant the Osborne who left the MXGP ... i did think you would be smart enough to get that as both have similar careers ...

I could be wrong but Covington went straight to GPs what experience does he have in SX at all? Good enuff ride it was his first SX race so as far as indoors yes he's a rookie. Get through SX healthy that's all he should worry about. He's a contender outdoors no doubt
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/10/2019 8:32am
Press516 wrote:

Put the crack pipe down. First off Prado would kill Osbourne. The rest of the class sure Zack would cover them. And when you say dumb...
Put the crack pipe down. First off Prado would kill Osbourne. The rest of the class sure Zack would cover them. And when you say dumb shit about Ando beating Herlings or Webb beating him on a indoor SX track on a 250 people know your a troll. We both know Herlings is a diff animal now. Ando can't even stay with Tomac. We've seen Tomac get killed by Herlings multiple times now
LMAO... That's exactly what I said. Herlings isn't the same as he was a few years back and neither is Osborne. For what it's worth, I'd definitely watch a season of Prado vs Osborne. It's much closer than you think, I can assure you of that. Covington is a multi GP winner... He needs to be near the front outdoors, or it looks really bad and you know it.

Troll? HAHAHA!!! Whatever...
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/10/2019 8:34am
Press516 wrote:

so what did you expect from Covington ? dude hasnt raced SX in like 6 or 7 years and was top 5 avg in MXGP Dont...

LOL ok... But thanks for the confirmation. This isn't that Osborne, period.
cbuehler767
2/10/2019 8:38am
Press516 wrote:
LMAO... That's exactly what I said. Herlings isn't the same as he was a few years back and neither is Osborne. For what it's worth, I'd...
LMAO... That's exactly what I said. Herlings isn't the same as he was a few years back and neither is Osborne. For what it's worth, I'd definitely watch a season of Prado vs Osborne. It's much closer than you think, I can assure you of that. Covington is a multi GP winner... He needs to be near the front outdoors, or it looks really bad and you know it.

Hahaha! Yup read most of your post wrong. My bad homie
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/10/2019 8:43am
Press516 wrote:
LMAO... That's exactly what I said. Herlings isn't the same as he was a few years back and neither is Osborne. For what it's worth, I'd...

Hahaha! Yup read most of your post wrong. My bad homie
All good!

While unrelated to this topic, I'll just say that with the 450 points race and the number of fast guys in the 250 class even though we thought it took a hit, I have never been more interested and impatient waiting for the next Saturday night to come...
BR8ES
2/10/2019 10:08am
Just make it they Circus Cross Thomas and show them the fastest way around the outdoor tracks.
cbuehler767
2/10/2019 10:11am
BR8ES wrote:
Just make it they Circus Cross Thomas and show them the fastest way around the outdoor tracks.
Exactly
TeamFlannel
2/10/2019 10:59am
BR8ES wrote:
Precisely. At the end of the day it's still just stupid-cross, real men race outdoors.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
2/10/2019 11:50am
BR8ES wrote:
Precisely. At the end of the day it's still just stupid-cross, real men race outdoors.
Hahaha is that why Supercross is the hardest champinship to win? I like MX more too, but nothing takes more balls than going all out on a SX track. And if Balls are the measure of a man than wouldn’t SX be king? Every pro that has gone through whoops from the GP guys to the AMA guys will say that nothing is more intimidating than Supercross whoops.
jeffro503
2/10/2019 12:19pm
Thomas is an actual rookie when it comes to SX. It's a different kind of racing , and I think for his very first SX race , he did pretty well. He seemed to of gotten better throughout the day and night. The guy's at Husky I'm sure are using this year as a learning year. His results will definitely be stronger outdoors , and I think that's what they are banking on this year. I hope he has a good and healthy season ahead of him.

Post a reply to: Covington

The Latest