Coupla Millville pics

PD441
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 2:57pm
Here are a few of the too many shots I took at Millville. First a few remarks on the weekend. I apologize in advance for any inadvertent porta-potties or unattractive people in the background:

- To the people of SE Minnesota....i've never been anywhere that EVERYONE we came across was so nice. I mean go-out-of-their-way-to-be-friendly nice. It give you a little optimism on humanity. Thank you.

- They grow a LOT of freakin' corn in Minnesota!

- If you ever go to Spring Creek, stop by Roo's bar and Grill in Zumbro Falls. It was like a living sit-com. What a bunch of characters.

- 500Guy has star power. NPG's John Ayers cruised by trackside in his Rhino and backed up TWICE to tell Jay thanks for the support. Fun hangin' with you, bud.

- I haven't made it to all of the National tracks yet but every one I go to seems to have the perfect terrain for MX. So far, Spring Creek takes the cake. The hills, the dirt, the trees...what a setting.

- Regardless of your perception of him, James Stewart deserves huge respect. The man is an artist on a motorcycle.

- I heard attendance appeared off again this weekend. Personally, it's hard for me to say, having never been there before. I'm convinced it's because of the economy and nothing else. It's still a great show if you're a moto fan.

- There HAS to be a way to spread the wealth a little deeper in this sport. If you're not a factory guy, it's hard. The money is too top-heavy and I'm not just talking the prize money which is basically nil off of the podium. Contingency , incentives and prize money....something's gotta change if the sport is going to survive.

Now some random pitcherz from Saturday and Sunday:

RD28 snagged the OA at his home race. the kid is solid:

Sunday, taking the win in Moto 2:

RV on Saturday:

Taking the checkers in Moto 1:

RV got off early in Moto 2 and put in an amazing visorless charge through the pack to finish second. It was wild to watch him hunt down the front runners. The guy doesn't fade;

The champ soaks it up:

NYK on Satuday. He ran strong for 4th OA:

Sunday:

Is it true Honda isn't hanging on to this guy? Gotta dig Shorty;

Tim Ferry:

Jeff Alessi ran second for several laps in Moto 2:

Byrner stalking JA801:

Matt Goerke looked good on the 450:

Alessi and Goerke battle through the whoops. Goerke found himself on the ground in the following corner:

It's hard not to root for Josh Hill:

Hot Sauce was back in action:

As was Broc Hepler:

The mandatory Erin Bates shot:

Martin Davalos on Saturday:

250 Moto 1 start. Davalos grabbed the holeshot:

450 Moto 1 start....check, please.

Antonio Balbi gets his game face on. Trust me, it's under there.

Sean Hamblin readies for the battle;

SH105 at speed in the whoops:

Among the rookies to make their debut at Spring Creek were Warthog Racing/DeCal Works/MDK's Vince Friese:

.....along with DeCal Work's Ben Lamay:

...and Gieco Powersport's Blake Wharton, who showed he has the speed early in moto 2 by running up front. Best of luck to the young guns:

Stewy roost:

Arizona boys Michael Blose;

...and Ryan Clark:

The Dominator:

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2008 12:47pm
Good stuff, PD.
andymoto
8/19/2008 12:58pm
Hard to stay focused on pics with Tooths avatar.....hehehe.

Excellent Pics.

The Shop

JK105
8/19/2008 2:34pm
Awesome Job man!
AJ
8/19/2008 5:44pm
thanks PD
Camp332
8/19/2008 6:02pm
Thanks for that, and nice work.
oldx
8/19/2008 8:56pm
Thanks for the great pic's
stizzle
8/19/2008 9:08pm
Thank you. Great shots.
Yamahafan
8/20/2008 6:42am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:06pm
This was the first year I missed Millville after going the past 3 years. They moved the race one weekend later to the third weekend this year. My kids started school on the Wednesday before , so it would have been tough to make the 1,000 mile road trip. I had mixed emotions about missing the race since my favorite rider, Ryan Sipes, had tough luck in both motos.

By the way, Goerke finished 4th in the first 450 heat at Millville in 2005 after getting the holeshot.

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/raceres/mx/lapchart.asp?cls=m2&snct…

Great pictures.
squid48
8/20/2008 9:06am
Blose had a bad weekend...

GRRRR.
motofab36
8/20/2008 9:24am
Awesome photos. The Stewy Roost shot is my favorite.

Post a reply to: Coupla Millville pics

The Latest