Could we lose JGR?

mattdavison
Fantasy
3970th
3/9/2020 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 7:12pm
This is by no means a JGR bashing post as they have had some shocking luck, just a thought that I had that with the luck they are having, the issues with Suzuki and their level of support and the lack of championship success, could they walk away from the sport of SX/MX?

I sincerely hope not as the sport needs all the teams we can get but where to next for them in terms of manufacturer?
|
m21racing
3/9/2020 4:36pm
Yes. Everyone has to cut losses at some point. I hope they stay, but seeing the amount of high profile teams who have folded, it makes sense.
tonyd811
3/9/2020 4:49pm
I certainly hope not....everyone has their breaking point. Bummed for them because they seem like good peeps.
3/9/2020 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 4:54pm
Bring back Team LOP, Team Tamm, Team DG, and a Team Moto X Fox. Yeah not a chance. Sports become too expensive. Of course relative to other motor sports not so much.
3/9/2020 4:55pm
Praying that KTM / GasGas / ATK or whatever other brand that Big Orange acquires under their umbrella can be a win-win for JGR to keep thriving without losing too much of the in-house freedom that they're used to (though at this point, I'm sure Coy and Coach just want to stop losing MONEY... surely, they're bleeding out badly...)

The Shop

Jeff alessi
3/9/2020 5:08pm
They really need a change to a successful tried and true bike. They haven't had the easiest of chassis to figure out, first with the new Yamaha 450 and the added stress of having the fastest man on the planet riding it and the bike being to stiff then moving to a Suzuki that hasn't been changed much since 2005 and really lacking support as Suzuki has stepped away from focusing on their mx bike, all of that hasn't been ideal. I imagine they made both of those bikes better then what they started with but the bikes were miles away from a Honda or ktm. Does anyone know if they could hypothetically move to a gas gas? I know sponsors from the NASCAR side heavily influences the direction the motorcycle team goes but they did move from Yamaha to Suzuki, maybe they can make another move and be gasgas team. That's the only way I see that team getting the bikes where they want. Unfortunate luck with broc tickle as I believe he would have been in the top 10 on his good nights maybe even top 7 but you see what broc was riding when he was doing it on his own, you see what's upfront and I can't help but think JGR have stuck around wanting and waiting for the opportunity to open up with one of those bikes. They need a bike change and that's all, everyone on that team knows how to run a team right because they have done this they're entire lives. The problem is obvious.
aeffertz
3/9/2020 5:13pm
Seeing them on green bikes would be cool.

Fuck it, seeing them on any bikes next year would be cool. Hopefully they work something out!
3/9/2020 6:13pm
They really need a change to a successful tried and true bike. They haven't had the easiest of chassis to figure out, first with the new...
They really need a change to a successful tried and true bike. They haven't had the easiest of chassis to figure out, first with the new Yamaha 450 and the added stress of having the fastest man on the planet riding it and the bike being to stiff then moving to a Suzuki that hasn't been changed much since 2005 and really lacking support as Suzuki has stepped away from focusing on their mx bike, all of that hasn't been ideal. I imagine they made both of those bikes better then what they started with but the bikes were miles away from a Honda or ktm. Does anyone know if they could hypothetically move to a gas gas? I know sponsors from the NASCAR side heavily influences the direction the motorcycle team goes but they did move from Yamaha to Suzuki, maybe they can make another move and be gasgas team. That's the only way I see that team getting the bikes where they want. Unfortunate luck with broc tickle as I believe he would have been in the top 10 on his good nights maybe even top 7 but you see what broc was riding when he was doing it on his own, you see what's upfront and I can't help but think JGR have stuck around wanting and waiting for the opportunity to open up with one of those bikes. They need a bike change and that's all, everyone on that team knows how to run a team right because they have done this they're entire lives. The problem is obvious.
You see gasgas as a better option than Suzuki?

Hm? Questionable

Also keep in mind how many championships that old Suzuki has had...it is not the bike!
Racerman967
3/9/2020 6:16pm
Well without factory backing and money you can’t get the riders you need or develop the bike more. Lesser riders on not as developed bikes starts a downward spiral.
GoldenKTM
3/9/2020 6:18pm
Praying that KTM / GasGas / ATK or whatever other brand that Big Orange acquires under their umbrella can be a win-win for JGR to keep...
Praying that KTM / GasGas / ATK or whatever other brand that Big Orange acquires under their umbrella can be a win-win for JGR to keep thriving without losing too much of the in-house freedom that they're used to (though at this point, I'm sure Coy and Coach just want to stop losing MONEY... surely, they're bleeding out badly...)

Coy said on pulp about 6 months ago that jgr is breaking even and will continue if they can break even.

Let’s hope they can.
Brent
3/9/2020 6:53pm
You see gasgas as a better option than Suzuki? Hm? Questionable Also keep in mind how many championships that old Suzuki has had...it is not the...

Hm? Questionable

Also keep in mind how many championships that old Suzuki has had...it is not the bike!
...Maico had a lot of success too, how are they doing lately??

Evolve or die, Suzuki is just the most recent addition to the junk pile of once great brands...
Xeno
3/9/2020 7:14pm
It doesn’t help that the top 250 racers go to the OEM-run 450 teams. Yamaha hosed JGR in that respect...
3/9/2020 7:33pm
Everyone throwing out the idea that KTM/Husky/GasGas are the answer to all of JGR’s problems is forgetting a very crucial fact. All of the Austrian bikes engines and suspension is supplied under contract from the factory. This is not how JGR is set up. They do their own engine and suspension tuning and development and I sincerely doubt that they are interested in just being a “customer” type team.
TRAVO 67
3/9/2020 7:50pm
It is not the bike what so ever. It is time for them to move on from J bone and get a new manager.
Johnny Depp
3/9/2020 9:51pm
Everyone throwing out the idea that KTM/Husky/GasGas are the answer to all of JGR’s problems is forgetting a very crucial fact. All of the Austrian bikes...
Everyone throwing out the idea that KTM/Husky/GasGas are the answer to all of JGR’s problems is forgetting a very crucial fact. All of the Austrian bikes engines and suspension is supplied under contract from the factory. This is not how JGR is set up. They do their own engine and suspension tuning and development and I sincerely doubt that they are interested in just being a “customer” type team.
They might be better off, results and financially. So far most of their McGyver'ing hasn't worked out too well.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
3/10/2020 1:50am
contact TM racing in Italy... when they get back in the office.

There. Stamp it.
Ray_MXS
3/10/2020 2:07am
Its not the bike nor J-bones fault. Its bad luck and a lack of funding. Remove the "Factory" stamp from them and they would be doing alright (injuries aside). Think of them like MCR or the likes. Having guys like Savatgy, Tickle, A-mart, The Rippa, Noren etc is not bad at all for a satellite team.

I think its just because they got the Factory stamp from Suzuki but not the funding to support it has made everyone look down on them lately.

My 2 cents
zippytech
3/10/2020 4:30am
GoldenKTM wrote:
Coy said on pulp about 6 months ago that jgr is breaking even and will continue if they can break even.

Let’s hope they can.
How do they make money?
Motofinne
3/10/2020 4:52am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 7:42am
Everyone throwing out the idea that KTM/Husky/GasGas are the answer to all of JGR’s problems is forgetting a very crucial fact. All of the Austrian bikes...
I would argue for the complete opposite. Being a KTM/Husky/GasGas factory service customer team would be a relief for them both financially and mentally. They would also have one of the best, if not the best platform to work with.

And i would bet a lot of money (that i don't have haha) that they fold if they don't go this route.
davistld01
3/10/2020 6:47am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 6:48am
I'm truly impressed with JBone and his faithfulness to JGR especially with all that has happened. He's young enough and has a reputation of being an impressive team manager...seems he could easily plug into a position in another team if he didn't feel loyal to the Gibbs organization. A lot of guys might have packed and left before now. It must be damned frustrating though!
rdmx151
3/10/2020 7:24am
Gas gas =better bike and better factory support if they can make it happen
kb228
3/10/2020 7:44am
They need a better bike. The last .001% matters at the pro level and the zook doesnt have it.

Maybe kawi or yamaha will make JGR a satellite team like RM KTM is to Redbull KTM. Thats probably for the best.
Ray_MXS
3/10/2020 7:59am
kb228 wrote:
They need a better bike. The last .001% matters at the pro level and the zook doesnt have it. Maybe kawi or yamaha will make JGR...
They need a better bike. The last .001% matters at the pro level and the zook doesnt have it.

Maybe kawi or yamaha will make JGR a satellite team like RM KTM is to Redbull KTM. Thats probably for the best.
JGR and Yamaha will never team up again.

Kawi would make the most sense since they seem like, together with Yamaha, the OEM with the least satellite team support currently. Yamaha barely supports Rock River from what I understand and Kawi really has no one. Throwing some parts at Bowers doesnt really count.

In the meantime KTM supports both RMATV, Rockstar Husky and Tedder with access to factory bikes and parts outside their official factory effort.

Honda has MCR and even Suzuki has HEP.
Ray_MXS
3/10/2020 8:02am
zippytech wrote:
Yea is was, does JGR sell something?
Same way every private team does it.

They do sell mods, like the RM-Z stage 2 engine kit, but that´s not what funds the racing team.
3/10/2020 8:12am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 8:27am
Is that a serious question?
zippytech wrote:
Yea is was, does JGR sell something?
(Cue sad Sarah Mclachlan song). Remember, a small portion of every Weinerschnitzel Chili dog your fat ass purchases goes directly toward getting an in-need Suzuki rider some crucial chassis bling. Don't delay - contribute now...
Red Crawford
3/10/2020 8:28am
Be careful what you wish for. FELD owns all the Monster trucks and simply contracts with driver's as they see fit. FELD determines who "wins."

Remember, FELD is in the circus business----and the circus business is all about deception.
3/10/2020 8:32am
You see gasgas as a better option than Suzuki? Hm? Questionable Also keep in mind how many championships that old Suzuki has had...it is not the...

Hm? Questionable

Brent wrote:
...Maico had a lot of success too, how are they doing lately?? Evolve or die, Suzuki is just the most recent addition to the junk pile...

Evolve or die, Suzuki is just the most recent addition to the junk pile of once great brands...
Hm? It amazes me the amount of people who consider the rmz junk!!! Im not gonna even ask if you have ridden the bike cause clearly you havent and the decision to call any dirbike junk is beyond words to me.
3/10/2020 8:33am

Hm? Questionable

Brent wrote:
...Maico had a lot of success too, how are they doing lately?? Evolve or die, Suzuki is just the most recent addition to the junk pile...

Hm? It amazes me the amount of people who consider the rmz junk!!! Im not gonna even ask if you have ridden the bike cause clearly...
Hm? It amazes me the amount of people who consider the rmz junk!!! Im not gonna even ask if you have ridden the bike cause clearly you havent and the decision to call any dirbike junk is beyond words to me.
I don't think that's the implication there at all.

Post a reply to: Could we lose JGR?

The Latest