Could "teammates" play the spoiler in the 250 Lites Championship?

Hank_Thrill
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 6:10pm
Unless someone crashes, or gets an absolutely terrible start, I think it is probable that teammates will play a role in the outcome of the 2010 AMA Lites Championship this weekend. I mostly think this, because the only riders consistently running up front are hired by the two teams in contention for the title!

Pourcel's fitness seemed to be solid at Steel City. So him losing the title due to fitness doesn't seem as likely as it would have, say, a few months ago. And considering how quickly Dean Wilson was to get out of the way of Pourcel, after Canard had made the pass, do you think the PC riders will want to be the only thing standing in between Pourcel, their employer, and the championship?

I'm too lazy to go check, but how often have the Geico Honda riders finished ahead of Pourcel when he was on his A-game, besides Trey?

All this is just speculation. There's no telling how this thing is going to unfold, which is why I must insert the cliche' phrase, "That's why they go racing!" derrrrr'

Any other thoughts or comments?
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/7/2010 2:17pm
Well, if anyone finishes in front of either of those two it's probably 95% certain it's be a PC rider or a Geico rider, so trhe answer is probably.

Starts, starts, starts . . .
Highsider
9/7/2010 2:21pm
Nobody was near them at SC, so maybe on the way up to the front.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/7/2010 2:29pm
I don't think we are gonna see any type of dirty team tactics,like blocking or takeouts etc...

I think we will see both the Honda & Kawi guys hang it out a little bit more then usual though,to try to help their teammate,if needed.
fader418
9/7/2010 2:34pm
Barcia won a moto a couple weeks ago.....

The Shop

mccread
9/7/2010 2:40pm
I think on a track like Pala - Barcia could be a problem for Pourcel if he gets a good start
adamdf
9/7/2010 2:43pm
fader418 wrote:
Barcia won a moto a couple weeks ago.....
BAM BAM!
9/7/2010 2:44pm
If Trey wins both motos Pourcel has to finish 2nd both motos to win the plate. If one of the riders from GEICO can get in between those 2 Trey can win. The way it has been going I don't think you would be any let Broc moves but you can never tell. I don't think either team will try any take-out or standing on a front wheel action JMHO
nwmx
9/7/2010 3:20pm
PC will play dirty if trey is behind them no question about it I hope geico can finally put an end to their run but I don't see it happening.
Hank_Thrill
9/7/2010 3:22pm
Yeah, I don't think there will be any dirty racing either. But if Trey goes 1-1, he's going to need help from a teammate to be between himself and Pourcel.

I'm excited though. That last race had me holding my breath for 30 minutes straight lol jk.
oldx
9/7/2010 5:14pm
Seems to be a better chance of 3 green bikes up near the front on the start than red bikes.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
9/7/2010 5:29pm
If Tomac wouldn't have passed Canard that second moto a few weeks ago, this wouldn't be near the discussion. I, like others, don't seem to think there will be any take out moves but I think the Geico guys owe Canard a little support in his effort to pull off one of the greatest come from behind championship race ever. From my view, I think his teammates have been some of his hardest competition.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/7/2010 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2010 5:48pm
nwmx wrote:
PC will play dirty if trey is behind them no question about it I hope geico can finally put an end to their run but I...
PC will play dirty if trey is behind them no question about it I hope geico can finally put an end to their run but I don't see it happening.
Why would Pro Circuit need to play dirty if Trey is behind them? Now I could see Barcia taking out Pourcel, not so much to help Trey but just because Barcia is a dirty rider.
9/7/2010 6:54pm
If barcia took pourcel out, there would be hell to pay...PC would protest and dunno what would happen....I think PC bikes will surround Canard on the start and try to box him in. But the same could be said for geico, Which team has been getting better starts this year
Racerx930
9/7/2010 7:06pm
Nothing would happen. What are they going to do, redo the race? Put him on double secret probation?

Barcia slams Wilson anytime he's within 10 feet of him, If Barcia is anywhere near Pourcel this weekend he will attempt to park him guaranteed.
sharkey
9/7/2010 7:08pm
nwmx wrote:
PC will play dirty if trey is behind them no question about it I hope geico can finally put an end to their run but I...
i can see wilson take out barcia but thats about it just from past experiences with him
Ddavis
9/7/2010 7:29pm
I can see TC and CP getting out front early and having an epic battle.
Rudeboy119
9/7/2010 7:54pm
90* temps will be the equalizer. Looking for Pourcel to fade and crack. The momentum is all Canards
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/7/2010 7:57pm
Ddavis wrote:
I can see TC and CP getting out front early and having an epic battle.
CP will let Trey go,and finish right behind him, why would he take a chance and race with Trey if they are both out front.
DrSweden
9/7/2010 8:21pm
I suggest CP will aim for no 2 if he gets a bad start, but if he's already in front of Trey he will not let him pass him without a serious fight.

So moto 2 will be the real deal. Still I see a 2-2 from Pourcel if not TC fucks up.

Trey will of course have to do 1-1, and I bet he will manage that since he has nothing to loose by going for full. As a fan of CP I feel nervous despite him having 7 p lead, because those points are not enough for me to feel safe because of the new much faster and improved TC. I'm so glad the season is over soon! Smile

Just saying...
9/7/2010 8:48pm
Racerx930 wrote:
Nothing would happen. What are they going to do, redo the race? Put him on double secret probation? Barcia slams Wilson anytime he's within 10 feet...
Nothing would happen. What are they going to do, redo the race? Put him on double secret probation?

Barcia slams Wilson anytime he's within 10 feet of him, If Barcia is anywhere near Pourcel this weekend he will attempt to park him guaranteed.
they could protest, and with barcia's reputation dunno what would happen...Not sure how things work if something like that happens.
Racerx930
9/7/2010 9:04pm
OK so they DQ Barcia worst case scenario. They won't penalize Canard for Barcia taking out Pourcel.

If Pourcel got Taken out and DNF'd they're not going to give him imaginary points because Barcia took him out.

of course this is all hypothetical but It damn sure wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
Frank38
9/7/2010 11:42pm
heck yeah the teammates are definitely gonna be riding under orders. sucks! the ama can't prove anything tho
9/8/2010 12:58am
Hopefully no-body is a douche and does any take out moves, Im cool with team riders letting other teams riders pass easily, but take outs are abit far
Hank_Thrill
9/8/2010 2:09am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2010 2:15am
Assuming Trey wins both motos, Pourcel will only needing a 2-2 score, to wrap up the title.

Therefore, The only thing allowing Trey to win the title will be his teammates ability to finish ahead of Pourcel!
Because you can bet your ass, neither Wilson or Ratray are going to finish ahead of Pourcel either motos.
africanMX
9/8/2010 2:35am
If barcia took pourcel out, there would be hell to pay...PC would protest and dunno what would happen....I think PC bikes will surround Canard on the...
If barcia took pourcel out, there would be hell to pay...PC would protest and dunno what would happen....I think PC bikes will surround Canard on the start and try to box him in. But the same could be said for geico, Which team has been getting better starts this year
The PC boys having been getting killer starts lately - even Ratray has been in the top 10 off the start!

Trey won't want to win this thing through any dirty play and I doubt CP will either but the team managers probably have other ideas.

As for BAM BAM............ if I was on a green bike I'd stay well clear of him - in fact I was on any bike I'd stay well clear of him Woohoo
nmanley
9/8/2010 3:07am
The winy frog will have his annual bike failure at the last event and be crying his way back to the truck. Or...not! Evil
9/8/2010 5:38am
The teammates will let their own alpha male through fairly easy and will make it really hard on the other guy to get past them (as they should, btw!)

I think you guys are reading way too much into this.
this isn't F1, the faster riders will get in the front.
Pourcel won't be passing Barcia from the outside, like Villopoto once tried with Alessi.
Chili
9/8/2010 6:26am
DrSweden wrote:
I suggest CP will aim for no 2 if he gets a bad start, but if he's already in front of Trey he will not let...
I suggest CP will aim for no 2 if he gets a bad start, but if he's already in front of Trey he will not let him pass him without a serious fight.

So moto 2 will be the real deal. Still I see a 2-2 from Pourcel if not TC fucks up.

Trey will of course have to do 1-1, and I bet he will manage that since he has nothing to loose by going for full. As a fan of CP I feel nervous despite him having 7 p lead, because those points are not enough for me to feel safe because of the new much faster and improved TC. I'm so glad the season is over soon! Smile

Just saying...
If Pourcel does that it's too bad Trey wouldn't call him a pussy for not racing him for the fans like CP was so quick to do with Dungey last year.
ando
9/8/2010 7:16am
If Tomac wouldn't have passed Canard that second moto a few weeks ago, this wouldn't be near the discussion. I, like others, don't seem to think...
If Tomac wouldn't have passed Canard that second moto a few weeks ago, this wouldn't be near the discussion. I, like others, don't seem to think there will be any take out moves but I think the Geico guys owe Canard a little support in his effort to pull off one of the greatest come from behind championship race ever. From my view, I think his teammates have been some of his hardest competition.
If Rattray didn't pass Pourcel for 2nd in moto 2 at Southwick he would be 2 points further ahead.
raddad
9/8/2010 7:23am
DrSweden wrote:
I suggest CP will aim for no 2 if he gets a bad start, but if he's already in front of Trey he will not let...

Just saying...
Chili wrote:
If Pourcel does that it's too bad Trey wouldn't call him a pussy for not racing him for the fans like CP was so quick to...
If Pourcel does that it's too bad Trey wouldn't call him a pussy for not racing him for the fans like CP was so quick to do with Dungey last year.
Yep Trey would not play that game for sure any more than RD5 would.. those two are racers plain and simple and shit talking is not in Treys vocabulary IMO.

Post a reply to: Could "teammates" play the spoiler in the 250 Lites Championship?

The Latest