Could really use some advice. Buddy suffer's from carpatunnel / hands fall asleep.

jeffro503
11/5/2018 3:15pm
Guys.....thank you for all the advice here! My buddy said " Thank you! " and is definitely listening. Between me and him , he's been one of my best riding bud's going on about 25 years , so it really bummed me out when these issue's started to come into play with him. He's taking it all in , and I'll be pushing him to make something happen. Either surgery , or at least different setup's on his bike.
resetjet
11/6/2018 5:18am
Its reslly a very simple surgery. There cut the transverse ligament which really serves no purpose. I would highly recommend the surgery as if he keeps going and gets nerve damage his hand may fall asleep for no reason and you cant fix it. Mine was so bad i could ride hard for 15 min and then not be able to feel the clutch/brake. Now i do entire 80 mile enduros full of whoops and no issues.
KMC440
11/6/2018 6:08am
Had a similar thing as your friends. We were instructed to stretch our wrists any chance throughout the day. I sold soda and all we did was fingertips on a table, steering wheel, door frame basically any stationery object, and flex the wrist slowly applying pressure for 15 or so seconds at a time. Seems too simple to work but over about a week or so of staying on it 25 or 30 times a day it worked. Strength came back and the numbness and tingling went away.
Cheaper than surgery.
TheCRKid
11/6/2018 8:52am
You can always get surgery, but it's better to try other stuff first
Wear wrist braces at night to keep your wrist straight
Squeeze with you knees to hold on
Lean into the bars, open your hands on the way into corners
I run Renthal full diamond soft grips too
All helps me

The Shop

11/6/2018 9:46am
Carpal tunnel procedures are easy. Small incision. Quick snip.

Regional blockade no general anesthesia. Do non dominate ha mind first. Go back and get dominants hand done a Month later. Minimal downtime.....

Probably one of those surgeries with minimal risk!

Post a reply to: Could really use some advice. Buddy suffer's from carpatunnel / hands fall asleep.

The Latest