Could Reed be??

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 9:35pm
Could Chad be using the aussie sx series as testing for the crf before he makes his decision on who he's riding for in the states??
|
72kiteboarder
10/13/2010 4:41am
That would make sense to me. I always like to try before I buy if at all possible. He also rode the KTM 350 recently so who knows what he is going to end up on.
zippy895
10/13/2010 4:42am
i dont know, but the new bike looks just as bussy as every cookie cutter satalite team bike.
MCfan4life
10/13/2010 4:49am
Could Chad be using the aussie sx series as testing for the crf before he makes his decision on who he's riding for in the states??
He could be....if he was racing the whole series.

At the press conference today he confirmed that, at this stage, he's only racing Newcastle.

The Shop

MCfan4life
10/13/2010 5:44am
what number round is newcastle? it could be a publicity stunt to get more people interested in the newcastle round
It's round 1 and Newcastle is his hometown race.

Tickets for all other rounds are on sale and by saying he is not racing them will only damage sales at other rounds. Newcastle has a strong MX community - they should have no trouble selling tickets for that round.
Tater
Fantasy
400th
10/13/2010 7:24am
Better to make it clear from the start than disappoint fans that go to other rounds expecting to see Reedy.
jenericn951
10/13/2010 7:29am
packing on a few extra pounds? doesn't look like he's staying in shape........ supercross shape...
KAWboy14
10/13/2010 7:32am
it really doesnt matter what these guys ride.....they will make them all feel and ride like a KX if they are smart...... HA!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/13/2010 8:41am
From the interview it sounds like he's completely over it and won't be racing unless he has an adequate offer, whatever that means.

My guess is he has no offer that includes factory Honda parts and a high enough salary (cuz I'm sure if he had really wanted he could've taken the spot josh grant took, but his asking price must have been too high).

So there you have it. I highly doubt he will get what he really wants and I think he knows it and that's why he hasn't been training very hard (according to him not me so hold back the dogs).

Doubt we'll see him in the US next year.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
10/13/2010 8:46am
TriRacer27 wrote:
From the interview it sounds like he's completely over it and won't be racing unless he has an adequate offer, whatever that means. My guess is...
From the interview it sounds like he's completely over it and won't be racing unless he has an adequate offer, whatever that means.

My guess is he has no offer that includes factory Honda parts and a high enough salary (cuz I'm sure if he had really wanted he could've taken the spot josh grant took, but his asking price must have been too high).

So there you have it. I highly doubt he will get what he really wants and I think he knows it and that's why he hasn't been training very hard (according to him not me so hold back the dogs).

Nailed it on the head. Ill be suprised if I see him at A1.
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
10/13/2010 9:58am
I agree, with his options in V-8 Supercars why would he come back to the US to take a pay cut just to race supercross? I will definitely be surprised if he's on the line at A1.
mxgeoff
10/13/2010 11:00am
TriRacer27 wrote:
From the interview it sounds like he's completely over it and won't be racing unless he has an adequate offer, whatever that means. My guess is...

mxrider225 wrote:
Nailed it on the head. Ill be suprised if I see him at A1.
All riders time comes to an end. He started his International career ten years ago and had an Aussie career before that. It's a normal road.
burnside
10/13/2010 11:11am
Matthes could have been right all along! ha.
mag23
10/13/2010 11:16am
TriRacer27 wrote:

x2 exactly my impression... not that I matter. Anybody who isn't making big changes to their $ expectations nowadays is gettin left behind. Anybody remember Latrell Spreewell? $15 mil? Nahhhhhhh, I gots to feed my family
10/13/2010 11:17am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2010 11:17am
Reed sucks now anyways, hes old new. But i do have to say the best ive seen him ride was on the Suzuki.
10/13/2010 11:21am
well hes at a point in his life ( new kid and all) where the risk may not be worth thats being offered so if he doesnt have to race then why settle for less...
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
10/13/2010 11:22am
Reed sucks now anyways, hes old new. But i do have to say the best ive seen him ride was on the Suzuki.
"Reed sucks now anyways"

He is one of the top 3 best supercross riders we have in the sport.
The guy could still win races and be a championship contender.
He sucks? Blink
10/13/2010 12:26pm
His 2010 season was not a fitting end to a great career, I have no doubt he will be back
NP301
10/13/2010 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2010 12:27pm
FastEddy wrote:
"Reed sucks now anyways" He is one of the top 3 best supercross riders we have in the sport. The guy could still win races and...
"Reed sucks now anyways"

He is one of the top 3 best supercross riders we have in the sport.
The guy could still win races and be a championship contender.
He sucks? Blink
He Sucks
That's something huck would've said Wink
mxb2
10/13/2010 12:32pm
packing on a few extra pounds? doesn't look like he's staying in shape........ supercross shape...
Yea he s in shape looks like a 34b! LOL! Reed had a great career! Time to fade out in the sunset! Like an old cowboy!
Jujji
10/13/2010 12:44pm
well hes at a point in his life ( new kid and all) where the risk may not be worth thats being offered so if he...
well hes at a point in his life ( new kid and all) where the risk may not be worth thats being offered so if he doesnt have to race then why settle for less...
Good point he is used to making a dollar amount so if that can't be met then why stay in the game......but i agree with most when i say he looked his best on the yellow machaine!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
10/13/2010 1:28pm
TriRacer27 wrote:

I think you are right too unfortunately.

Maybe, just maybe they could still squeeze him in at Honda to mentor a couple of young riders (one would listen but he's got Ferry and the other wouldn't).

It's already getting too late for him. I would think a team needs to do some serious testing now and practicing and training in November. If not, I doubt someone like him would be totally prepared by A1.

I hope to see him race next year for what it's worth.

Post a reply to: Could Reed be??

The Latest